• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jerk Chicken Tacos: A Delicious Twist on Nachos!

In summary, to make Jerk Chicken Tacos you will need 4 chicken breasts, Jerk seasoning, taco shells, shredded cheese, black beans, corn, avocado, cilantro, and lime. You can use store-bought jerk seasoning or make your own for a more personalized flavor. You can also substitute the chicken with other proteins and make the recipe vegetarian/vegan by using tofu or black beans and vegan cheese. To make the recipe spicier, you can increase the amount of cayenne pepper in the seasoning, add hot sauce while cooking, or top with jalapenos or spicy salsa.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
After the last post about people not liking the Jerk Chicken Nachos, I thought I would post my version of the recipe. Both DH and I like the nachos but don't really think nachos are a good dinner recipe so we made a taco version of it. I grilled chicken breasts whole in my new grill pan! :love: Half way through I added slices of red pepper and grilled those. When the peppers were done, I took the peppers off and chopped it with the salad choppers. Since DH doesn't like lime, I had two small batter bowls ready to mix all the ingredients in. In mine I put 1 T of jerk seasoning, half of the chopped red peppers and almost a whole lime juiced. Then I chopped the chicken breasts up and added that to the mixture. From a great tip I learned here, we used a muffin pan (an old metal one, I don't have the stoneware one yet) upside down and propped the taco shells in it. Then we layered the chicken mixture and cheese and baked in the oven until the cheese was melted. Top that with tomatoes, cilantro and lettuce and you get one great Jerk Chicken Taco.

I love that! I'll have to recommend it at my shows

YUM YUM! I am sure the southwest seasoning would be good on this too. Serve with a little guac (I stocked up on these). DELISH!

(I am hungry can you tell? Its 10:24 am!)

It's only 9:30 here and we brought the left overs for lunch, I think I'll be eating them at 10:00 break! I've been thinking about them all morning.:balloon:

What ingredients do I need to make Jerk Chicken Tacos?

To make Jerk Chicken Tacos, you will need:

• 4 chicken breasts
  • Jerk seasoning
  • Taco shells
  • Shredded cheese
  • Black beans
  • Corn
  • Avocado
  • Cilantro
  • Lime

Can I use store-bought jerk seasoning or do I have to make my own?

You can use store-bought jerk seasoning for convenience, but making your own can add a more authentic and personalized flavor to your tacos. Here is a simple recipe for homemade jerk seasoning:

• 1 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1 tablespoon dried thyme
  • 1 tablespoon allspice
  • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • 1 teaspoon brown sugar

Do I have to use chicken for this recipe?

No, you can use any protein of your choice such as shrimp, beef, or tofu. Just make sure to marinate the protein in the jerk seasoning before cooking for maximum flavor.

Can I make this recipe vegetarian/vegan?

Yes, you can make this recipe vegetarian/vegan by substituting the chicken with tofu or black beans and using vegan cheese or omitting the cheese altogether.

How can I make this recipe spicier?

If you want to add more heat to your Jerk Chicken Tacos, you can increase the amount of cayenne pepper in the seasoning or add some hot sauce to the chicken while cooking. You can also top your tacos with sliced jalapenos or a spicy salsa for an extra kick.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedbecky
  • lesliebakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • pamperedmomto3
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies