• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jerk Chicken Nachos - Need Help Asap for Show Tonight Please!

In summary, someone who's made this said to start with 1/2 of the chips on the stone and then add more chips, chicken, and chicken mixture until you're good to go. They suggest using the "scoop" chips rather than the "gold" chips. They recommend using the lime-hinted chips. Finally, they recommend letting guests make their own piles.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I've been reading and reading the directions for the nachos and it states to layer 6 cups of nacho chips on large round stone. Do I layer them close together, in lines, around and around in a spiral formation, what? And how the heck do you measure 6 cups of chips? I bought 2 huge bags, will that do it?

Someone who's made this please help! I'm leaving in less than an hour for my show AND I'm making it tomorrow night as well :eek:

I've tried to download the video from CC and my internet keeps timing out...

In a panic here LOL

Don't worry too much about the 6 cups!! Just start piling them onto the round stone...kinda just a heaping pile, no need to be exact or geometrical...Good luck with your show tonight~I have one too, and we're making the nachos too!!! I'm actually taking the large bar pan, I made them on the round stone the first time, and honestly, if there are alot of people there, it doesn't make a whole lot...we may make 2 batches tonight, when we see exactly how many people do show up!

GOOD LUCK~let us know how it goes!!:)

I wouldn't really worry too much about measuring them, just lay them out in a thin layer on your stone. Another suggestion is to cut them into pieces for serving, so everyone gets some with "stuff" on them.

oh yeah~they are super yummy!! I know the host personally, and her & I both love nachos, so I'm thinking if we don't make 2 batches for the show, we'll end up making another batch after the show & just pigging out (I mean, uh, hanging out!! LOL!)

One suggestion was to put 1/2 of the chips on the round stone first, then some of the chicken mixture, then the rest of the chips, followed by the remaining chicken. I'm going to try this next time I make these.

wow.. was that fast enough for you!

Another thing to do is let the guests come up and make their own nacho piles. I did this at my show and the guests seemed to like it. They didn't like how long the demo was (I forgot to cut up the chicken some before hand--in my defense the host made me go back home to get the Entertaining set because she wanted to see it. Thank goodness I only live a few minutes away and made it back before start time)

crystalscookingnow said:
One suggestion was to put 1/2 of the chips on the round stone first, then some of the chicken mixture, then the rest of the chips, followed by the remaining chicken. I'm going to try this next time I make these.
That's what I do and it really does help. Then you have a lot less "dry" chips. Let us know how it goes!!

I made these for dinner the other night and used the "scoop" chips. They worked out really well. Just made sure to have them facing scoop side up. Seemed like less of the topping rolled away.

I like the "gold" chips rather than the scoop - they have a good flavor to them with this recipe.

Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone. I had a very brief second to read the replies before I headed out. I decided to take the advice and just relax. Placed the chips on the stone in a medium layer (not really thick or thin) then the chicken, then repeated. Definitely helped eliminate naked chips LOL

Everyone loved it and I really appreciate all the advice and the quick responses. Thanks again :)

We had these at my show when I decided to become a consultant. My consultant did a very good job with these. She just kinda piled them up and put everything on top. They were really good. We had several dips with them also. They probably would have been a little dry without the dips.

I like using the chips that have a "hint of lime" in them. It just enhances the taste to me and every show I've made them for, absolutely love them! It's my #1 recipe right now! I am selling oodles of lg rnd stones with handles, jerk seasoning, UM's and food choppers, prep bowls and batter bowls! I love this recipe and the ingredients are cheap and they only have to get a few ingredients too!

I love the idea of layering and I think I'm going to do that tonight! thanks for the great tip, just another reason why I love this site!;) :D

1. How do I make the jerk chicken for the nachos?

To make the jerk chicken for your nachos, you will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, jerk seasoning, and oil. Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and coat them with the jerk seasoning. Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and cook the chicken until it is fully cooked and slightly crispy.

2. Can I use store-bought jerk seasoning for this recipe?

Yes, you can use store-bought jerk seasoning for convenience. However, for a more authentic and flavorful taste, we recommend making your own jerk seasoning using ingredients like scallions, garlic, thyme, allspice, and cayenne pepper.

3. What toppings should I use for the jerk chicken nachos?

You can use a variety of toppings for your jerk chicken nachos, such as diced tomatoes, sliced jalapenos, shredded cheese, and chopped cilantro. You can also add a dollop of sour cream or guacamole for extra flavor.

4. How do I assemble the nachos for presentation?

To assemble the nachos, start with a layer of tortilla chips on a baking sheet. Add a layer of the cooked jerk chicken, followed by your desired toppings. Repeat this process to create multiple layers. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and the nachos are heated through.

5. Can I make these nachos ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the jerk chicken and toppings ahead of time and assemble the nachos right before serving. However, for the best results, we recommend baking the nachos right before serving to ensure they are warm and crispy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
bknowles67
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • pchefinski
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchefinski