• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Questions - Need Help Asap

In summary, the person needs help with making a cake for a party and has a few questions. They have two 9" round chocolate cakes, a can of cherry pie filling, vanilla and chocolate pudding mix, and cream cheese and vanilla frosting. They want to know if they can put the pie filling in between the cakes without making it soggy, if they should add a layer of pudding and which flavor to use, and if combining the cream cheese and cherry/chocolate combo would taste odd. The expert suggests using a thin layer of chopped cherries between the cakes and using a layer of frosting before adding the filling. They also provide a recipe for their favorite icing and share a personal experience with adding raspberry preserves to a cake. They reassure
pchefinski
got a couple quick (kinda non-pc related) questions if someone could help me out ASAP. trying to throw together a cake for a party. got two 9" round chocolate cakes (to layer). got a can of cherry pie filling. got both vanilla & chocolate pudding mix. got thing of cream cheese frosting and one of vanilla..

here's the questions.
can i put the pie filling in between the cakes without the cake getting soggy? should i add in a layer of pudding (and if so, vanilla or chocolate)? and last but not least, would the cream cheese frosting taste weird with the cherry/chocolate combo? i need both containers b/c i'm decorating the cake too, so i'll probably need more than just one container of frosting overall. would it taste odd to combine the frostings? or should i just use one of them to decorate & the other to frost?

lol lots of questions.. thanks so much for your help. i looked at the cakes in the store and they look like a 5 year old decorated them and are $35.00.. plus i'm not buying a cake for 50 when i got 6 people coming over! (only reason i'm making one at all is b/c my husband oddly requested it)

You're are in luck. I have taken Wilton cake decorating classes and have been doing cakes for about 15 years. You can put a very thin layer of filling between the cakes, but I would recommend chopping the cherries up small first. If you put too much filling, the layers will slide apart, so it does need to be thin. You do need to put a layer of frosting down first then the pie filling. Don't spread the filling all the way to the edges either. Stop about 1/4" from the edge. Here is my all time favorite icing recipe:
1 cup crisco
3 to 4 tablespoons milk or water (depending on how thick you want it)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract (can use more vanilla if you don't have almond)
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Beat all in an electric mixer until light and fluffy.

Have you seen those Betty Crocker Bake 'N Fill pans on TV? I have one of those. I once made a chocolate cake and then spread a thin layer of raspberry preserves on the inside of the hollowed out part. Then I mixed up cream cheese, powdered sugar, french vanilla pudding and milk and filled the rest off the hollow part with that. I topped it with the other layer of chocolate cake and then decorated it with homemade cream cheese icing. I didn't get to taste it because I made if for a girl my husband works with, but he said everyone loved it and ate the entire thing. I think your flavors will be ok together. My mom used to make a black forest cake with chocolate cake, chocolate icing and cherries in between the layers and on top.

Hope I didn't ramble on too much and that it helped.

jennifer, thank you so much! i'll bust out the food chopper and get to work on those cherries. i think it'll be ok in the end. it's a half-dozen guys eating it, so i doubt they'll care what flavor it is or what is inside of it! :p i'll let you know how it turns out. gonna do the steelers logo on the top of it, so it shouldnt' be too hard.

another question -- can i put it together tonight and stick it in the fridge?
or should i wait to assemble it tomorrow? (thing is I'd like to get it decorated and out of the way since I have to make 8 pizzas tomorrow after church, before the party)..

thanks again! i appreciate it. :D

Last edited:

1. How can I quickly find a recipe for a specific ingredient?

You can use the search bar on our website to type in the name of the ingredient you want to use. This will bring up a variety of recipes that include that ingredient.

2. Can I use regular cookware instead of Pampered Chef products?

While we always recommend using our high-quality cookware for the best results, you can certainly use your own cookware if you prefer. Just be sure to adjust cooking times and temperatures accordingly.

3. I'm having trouble with a product I purchased. How can I get help?

Please reach out to our customer service team at 1-800-342-6941 or email us at [email protected]. We are happy to assist you with any issues you may be having.

4. Can I make substitutions in a recipe if I don't have certain ingredients?

Absolutely! Our recipes are meant to be adaptable and customizable to your preferences and ingredient availability. Feel free to make substitutions as needed.

5. How can I get my order quickly if I need it for a special occasion?

We offer expedited shipping options for an additional fee. You can select this option at checkout to ensure your order arrives in time for your special occasion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alanna1
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Alanna1
  • pampchefsarah
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies