• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: Selecting Recipes for First Show Demo

In summary, Jessica is new to the forum and has her first show coming up. She is looking for recommendations on what to demo at her show, specifically using her small oval baker and round stone. She has tried several recipes but is not sold on any of them. She is wondering if anyone has tried the sausage & stuffing criss-cross pastry recipe from Pepperidge Farms and if it would be strange to pair it with the garlic pull-aparts. She is also looking for a BBQ chicken pizza recipe and is overthinking things in order to achieve her super starter bonus. Fellow forum members suggest trying a dessert on the round stone, such as the chocolate pecan lattice tart or a dessert pizza. They also recommend sticking to PC recipes to
jchesley
Hi, I am new here, even though I joined a couple of months ago. I have just been reading through all the posts trying to soak up information. :)

I have my first show coming up this week, and besides being totally nervous, I can't decide on a recipe. I am doing the garlic pull aparts in my small oval baker. I don't have the skillet yet, but I tried it in the baker and it turned out nice.

I also want to demo something on my round stone, but I can't decide what to do. I have tried several recipes (taco ring, chicken enchilada ring, veggie pizza), but I am just not sold on any of them.

Has anyone tried the sausage & stuffing criss-cross pastry recipe from Pepperidge Farms? http://www.puffpastry.com/recipedetail.aspx?recipeID=24072&rc=-1 I have made it for my family a long time ago, and they liked it but I am not sure how it would demo. Do you think it would be weird to pair it with the garlic pull aparts?

Or, do you have a recipe for BBQ chicken pizza that you like? I know that it is my hosts favorite pizza, but I haven't found a recipe yet.

I know I am probably over thinking this, but I really want to get my super starter bonus.

Thanks for your help!
Jessica

If you are doing the garlic pull-aparts, I would try a dessert on the round stone - the chocolate pecan lattice tart in the new S/B cookbook would be perfect - and it only uses your super starter kit tools - and everyone would love it! Or some kind of dessert pizza - do you have access to any of the other cookbooks or past S/B?
I personally try to do only PC recipes at shows - to cross-sell cookbooks.

Dessert Recipes:Here are a few dessert pizza recipes that are always a hit!

Taffy Apple Pizza

1-10 oz. package of refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 pk 8oz cream cheese softened
1/4 cup Creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup Brown sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 med Granny smith apples
1 cup Lemon lime soda
Cinnamon
1/4 cup Caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup Chopped peanuts

Preheat oven to 350F. Shape cookie dough into a ball. Place dough in center of pizza pan; flatten slightly with palm of hand. Roll dough out to 14" circle, about a 1/4" thick. Bake 16-18 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from sheet with serrated knife; cool completely. Combine cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Spread mixture evenly over top of cookie. Arrange apples evenly over cream cheese mixture; sprinkle with cinnamon. To heat caramel topping, microwave on HIGH 30-45 sec or until warm; drizzle over apples. Sprinkle nuts on top.
NOTES : Dip apples in lemon-lime soda to prevent them from turning brown. ( I find a cheap can works the best.)

Decadent Chocolate Dessert Pizza

1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels, melted
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
12-14 strawberries, hulled and halved
1 large banana, sliced
1/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped

Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape cookie dough into a ball and place in
center of Large Round Stone. Using lightly floured Baker's Roller(R),
roll dough to a 12-inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 12-15
minutes or until edges are set. (Cookie will be soft. Do not overbake.) Remove
from oven; cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from baking stone
using Utility Knife; cool completely on baking stone.

Place chocolate morsels in Classic Batter Bowl; microwave,
uncovered, on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until chocolate is melted and
smooth, stirring after each 20-second interval. Add cream cheese; whisk
until well blended using Stainless Steel Whisk. Spread chocolate
mixture over cookie to within 1/2 inch of edge using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R).

Reserve one strawberry for garnish. Hull remaining strawberries
using Cook's Corer(R); cut in half using Utility Knife. Slice banana
with Egg Slicer Plus(R). Arrange strawberries around edge of pizza;
arrange banana slices in center of pizza. Chop almonds using Food
Chopper; sprinkle over banana slices. Create a strawberry fan with
reserved strawberry. Garnish pizza with strawberry fan. Cut into wedges
using Pizza Cutter; serve using Mini-Serving Spatula.

Yield: 16 servings or 24 sample servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 14 g, Saturated Fat 6 g,
Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 110 mg, Fiber
2 g

Cook's Tip: To toast almonds, spread almonds in a single layer over
bottom of Small Oval Baker. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until
light golden brown; cool completely.

To create a strawberry fan using the Egg Slicer Plus, open the slicer
and place the strawberry stem end down; slice most of the way through
it with the wires. Remove the strawberry from the wires and gently fan out
the slices.

Chocolate Chip Sensation

Yield: 20 Servings
Ingredients
1 pk refrigerated chocolate chip-cookie
8 oz cream cheese; softened
1/3 c sugar
1 pt half and half
1 pk instant pudding mix;
-chocolate
1/4 c nuts; chopped
Instructions
Preheat oven to 375ø. Roll cookie dough into a ball and flatten. Roll out
dough into a 13" circle on baking stone. Bake cookie for 12 - 15 minutes
or until browned. Let cool 10 minutes. Loosen crust from stone. Cool
completely. Combine cream cheese and sugar; set aside.
Combine half and half and instant pudding. Let set until firm, about 5
minutes. Spread cream cheese mixture on thoroughly cooled cookie base.
Layer pudding mixture on thoroughly cooled cookie base. Layer pudding
mixture over cream cheese layer. Sprinkle chopped nuts over cookie. Chill
until served.

I am with Chef Becky! The Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart is an awesome recipe. Have the host pick up some vanilla ice cream to go with it. YUMMY!

I have five December shows scheduled and I am making it at each of them.

Lisa

jchesley said:
I have my first show coming up this week, and besides being totally nervous, I can't decide on a recipe. I am doing the garlic pull aparts in my small oval baker. I don't have the skillet yet, but I tried it in the baker and it turned out nice.

I also want to demo something on my round stone, but I can't decide what to do. I have tried several recipes (taco ring, chicken enchilada ring, veggie pizza), but I am just not sold on any of them.

I'm the queen of keeping it simple.

If you have not already committed to making the pull-aparts in the small oval baker, I'd just do something on the round stone. No need to use two pieces of stoneware. . .and since your new, why make the evening more difficult.

Whatever you make, do a practice run at home. Make sure you pretend that you are doing your show.:)

I agree w/ just doing the one recipe. It really keeps stuff simple and means less work, a shorter demo, and less cleanup time. You can do a pizza on the round stone to demo the cookware. A few months ago I made 'cheeseburger stuffed calzone' at all of my shows and it was a huge hit. You might try that.

I haven't commited to any recipe yet. I am doing it for a friend of mine and she told me to just pick something. I think you guys are right about sticking to one recipe.

I just tested the Taffy Apple Pizza, but are you just supposed to lay slices of apple on top, or do you chop them? (I sliced) My kids loved it, but I thought the texture was different with the crisp apple on the soft cookie.

I could just be tired of eating since I have tried 4 recipes today. UGGH

Thanks for your help!
Jessica

At my show tonight, I made the hot pizza dip with braided bread to dip it -- everyone went WILD over it! The whole thing was super easy. I didn't try it before I went, but it was so easy, you'd swear I could make it in my sleep. Everyone raved, and I'm definately making it for our Christmas Eve party.Ingredients:
Hot Pizza Dip
1 8 oz. package cream cheese softened
1 t. dried Italian seasoning
1 C. mozzarella cheese shredded
3/4 C. parmesan cheese
1 8 oz. can pizza sauce
2 T. green pepper chopped
2 T. green onions sliced
Braided Bread Dippers
2 loaves frozen bread dough (place in gallon size oil-sprayed ziploc bag and put in fridge to thaw morning of party)
softened butter
parmesan cheese
italian seasoning
garlic powder, optionalMake two cuts along length of bread loaf, leaving one end intact. Braid. Stretch slightly. Repeat with second loaf. Attach ends to make braided ring. Spread butter on bread, sprinkle italian seasoning and parmesan cheese on top. Put in 400` preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce to 350` and cook 15 min until light golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes before slicing with SERRATED KNIFE (if you use a normal knife or the pizza cutter, you'll smash the bread to nothing. lol)While bread is baking, make dip in the mini baker. Combine cream cheese and Italian seasonings , spread onto a 8" mini-baker. In a small bowl, combine mozzarella and parmesan. Sprinkle 1/2 on top of the cream cheese. Spread pizza sauce over the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top with bell pepper and green onions. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Serve with French bread or fresh vegetable dippers.We left out the onions and added a little more green pepper -- whatever you like. you could add mushrooms or chopped pepperoni to it and it would be really yummy too! I put the bread ring together before the show, stuck it in the oven right as everyone was sitting down, did introductions, threw together the dip (it took like literally 4 or 5 minutes to do), and the oven beeped. if you want, you can then put the dip into the oven with the bread ring for 15 minutes at 350, but there wasn't room where I was tonight, so while the bread finished, I did my dip in the microwave for 5 minutes. SO good and super super easy.I consider this one recipe. i agree with sticking with one. I did a show last October where I did 2 recipes. it was a nightmare. Maybe some experienced people can do it, but it was just a major headache for me. The only time I'd EVER do 2 recipes is if I did like a 9 minute rice cooker lava cake while I made something else. You know, something that I wouldn't have to touch except to flip out of the pan. LOL

Last edited:
ChefBeckyD said:
If you are doing the garlic pull-aparts, I would try a dessert on the round stone - the chocolate pecan lattice tart in the new S/B cookbook would be perfect - and it only uses your super starter kit tools - and everyone would love it! Or some kind of dessert pizza - do you have access to any of the other cookbooks or past S/B?
I personally try to do only PC recipes at shows - to cross-sell cookbooks.

Here is a great recipe I used to use when I only had my super starter kit and it was a HUGE hit at my shows!!!

Banana Split Brownie Pizza

1 Package Brownie Mix
1 Package (8oz) Cream Cheese Softened
1 Can (8oz) Crushed Pineapple, Drained
2 Tbsp Sugar
½ Cup Nuts (optional)
Strawberries
Banana
Chocolate Syrup

Preheat oven to 375° degrees. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Place parchment paper on a 15–inch round baking stone. Pour brownie mixture on paper and spread into 14-inch circle. Do not bake without parchment paper or batter will run off stone while baking.

Bake 15-20 minutes or until set. Cool completely. Mix cream cheese and sugar in classic batter bowl until smooth. Spread over brownie crust. Slice banana and strawberries using your egg slicer. Chop nuts with food chopper. Arrange fruits and nuts on top of cream cheese mixture.

Enjoy!

Mmmmm, those sound good. I will be trying them tomorrow. I swear I am going to gain 5 pounds by the time this weekend is over. :)

jchesley said:
Mmmmm, those sound good. I will be trying them tomorrow. I swear I am going to gain 5 pounds by the time this weekend is over. :)

and to think there are still sooooooooooooo many more recipes to test!! hee hee just one more incentive and perk to being a Pampered Chef Consultant.. the yummy food you have to try out!!

Cheers

If your host likes a bbq chicken pizza, you might want to search for the Mole Chicken Pizza, from Fall 2005 Season's Best. It uses BBQ sauce in the mole sauce.

I put all this thought into her show and the girl cancelled on me. I had already bought my ingredients and everything. Her show was supposed to be tomorrow. :( Luckily I have a community Bunco game to go to on Friday and I can bring the food there.

Thanks for all your help!
Jess

Paige Dixon said:
If your host likes a bbq chicken pizza, you might want to search for the Mole Chicken Pizza, from Fall 2005 Season's Best. It uses BBQ sauce in the mole sauce.

Does anyone have this recipe? I looked it up and got this message

"Your recipe search for Mole Chicken Pizza Can be found in ...Season's Best® Fall/Winter 2005 Page 21
Note: If the recipe you are looking for is featured in any of our recipe books from the Cook's Library, the page number will be listed on this page, but you won't be able to view the recipe in detail. However, if the same recipe is a featured recipe on the Web or it also appears in a Product Use and Care, all you need to do is click on the recipe name to view the details."

I couldn't click on the name.
We are huge fans of BBQ chicken pizza and I would love a recipe I could make for my family. If anyone is able to print it here I would be so grateful! Thanks!:)

The chicken enchillda ring is a HUGE hit and it's so easy. I don't personally care for it myself...but I've never had a guest complain...it's always gone.

The best dessert is the chocolate cake with chocolate frosting in the fluted pan. It's so easy and it smells so good. Top it with powered sugar and strawberries and it's a hit!

This is what I've made for nearly every show for the past six months and when I've started to repeat my hosts and guests list they've been disappointed when I DON"T make these items. Go figure! :)

mareramseyer said:
The chicken enchillda ring is a HUGE hit and it's so easy. I don't personally care for it myself...but I've never had a guest complain...it's always gone.

The best dessert is the chocolate cake with chocolate frosting in the fluted pan. It's so easy and it smells so good. Top it with powered sugar and strawberries and it's a hit!

This is what I've made for nearly every show for the past six months and when I've started to repeat my hosts and guests list they've been disappointed when I DON"T make these items. Go figure! :)

Mare would you be so kind as to send me a copy of that recipe? I would love to try it out myself and perhaps use it for my January shows.

Thanks so much!

Cheers

ChefAggi said:
Mare would you be so kind as to send me a copy of that recipe? I would love to try it out myself and perhaps use it for my January shows.

Thanks so much!

Cheers

For the chicken recipe it can be found http://joycesfinecooking.com/Recipes3/chicken_enchilada_ring.htm

What about the antipasto pizza? It is sooo yummy and uses the products from your kit. The recipe is in the folder we get with our starter info.
Good Luck! My first show was last Thursday and tonight will be my 4th show! I am having a blast!!! I am making the Clubhouse chicken squares and the microwave German chocolate cake in the fluted pan, it is great for the WOW factor! (I am borrowing the pan from my director!) Have fun!!!

What type of recipes should I choose for my first show demo?

The best recipes to choose for your first show demo are ones that are simple, easy to make, and appeal to a wide range of tastes. It's also a good idea to choose recipes that showcase the products you will be demonstrating.

How do I know which recipes will be a hit with my audience?

You can get a good idea of what recipes will be popular by asking your customers or host for their preferences and dietary restrictions. You can also look at best-selling recipes on the Pampered Chef website for inspiration.

Can I modify the recipes to fit my preferences or dietary restrictions?

Yes, you can always modify the recipes to fit your needs and preferences. You can substitute ingredients, adjust measurements, or use alternative cooking methods. Just make sure to note any modifications during your demo.

How many recipes should I include in my first show demo?

It's recommended to include 3-4 recipes in your first show demo. This will give you enough time to properly demonstrate each recipe and also leave room for any questions or interactions with your audience.

What if I am not familiar with all the products needed for a certain recipe?

If you are not familiar with a product needed for a recipe, it's always best to practice using it beforehand. You can also reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for tips and advice on using the product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCBakerGirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • donnathepamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • linilinda