• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed for Fondue Demo with SA Rect Stand & Petite Squares

Has anyone ever used the new fondue stand? I'm thinking it might be a bit too tall for the small square bowls.
c00p
Gold Member
I know that probably around 5+ years ago, there was some sort of fondue recipe that you could demo at shows using the old SA rect. stand and the petite squares. Well, I've got a Jan. host that wants to do a fondue show and I have absolutely NO clue what/how to do it. :confused:I've got the petite squares for my tealights, and I've actually got the old SA rect. stand to hold the small SA bowls - but what do I make for the fondue part of it???? I need help with recipe(s) and demo ideas - PLEASE!!

You can use the medium square bowl as the fondue bowl - it sits up at the same level that the small square bowls did with the fondue insert.

I have an extra NIB "fondue set" - the riser, small square, petite square (I think that's all that's in it) - they were $25 but I would sell it for $13 plus shipping if anyone wants it.

I have wondered if the new stand would hold up to using it for a fondue but have been hesitant to try for fear of wrecking my stand. Has anyone tried that?

Bumping for anyone else that might have info/suggestions......

If you are going to do the fondue in the SA with the SA Stand, then you need to get the Riser set. Even with a tealight, it gets too hot and scorches the bottom of your dip unless you are using that Riser.

The year that came out, I did some Chocolate Fondue - there was a recipe for it that came with the riser set. I did Pound Cake cubes, and strawberries, and apples. It was good. I used the little forks that were part of the SA set - recently they were on the Outlet, not sure if they still are?

Last edited:
When I made the chocolate fondue - I never did it in a double boiler - I always did it in the microwave.

Silky Chocolate Fondue

Ingredients:
6 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
Assorted dippers such as strawberries, marshmallows, pound cake cubes or graham crackers

Directions:
In small (2-qt.) saucepan, bring 1 inch of water to a simmer over low heat. In double boiler, combine chocolate, ice cream topping and cream; mix well. Set double boiler over simmering water in saucepan. Heat chocolate mixture 7-10 minutes or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally.
Pour chocolate mixture into Simple Additions™ Small Bowl. Serve fondue immediately with assorted dippers.
Yield: 1 1/3 cups (10 servings)

Nutrients per serving: (2 tablespoons fondue) Calories 180, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 20 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 40 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook’s Tips: For additional flavor and variety, stir 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of any one of the following into fondue: almond, mint or vanilla extract, ground cinnamon or finely snipped orange zest.

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2008
The Pampered Chef

Elegant Cheese Fondue

Ingredients:
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss or cheddar cheese
1/4 cup non-alcoholic wine, beer or apple juice
1 small garlic clove, pressed
1/8 teaspoon Tabasco® hot pepper sauce
Assorted dippers such as French bread cubes, bite-size vegetables or cooked ham cubes

Directions:
Combine soup, cheese, wine, garlic and hot pepper sauce in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring after each minute.
Pour cheese mixture into Simple Additions™ Small Bowl. Serve fondue immediately with assorted dippers.
Yield: 1 3/4 cups (14 servings)

Nutrients per serving: (2 tablespoons fondue): Calories 45, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 190 mg, Fiber 0 g

Cook’s Tips: If the fondue thickens while serving, place the Small Bowl in the microwave oven. Microwave on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until fondue is hot; stir until smooth.

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2008
The Pampered Chef

Thanks for the recipes Chef Becky. I do have the riser set - I'm just trying to decide if I want to use it or think of something else!!

1. How do I assemble the SA Rect Stand for the fondue demo?

To assemble the SA Rect Stand, start by placing the base on a flat surface. Then, line up the notches on the leg pieces with the holes on the base and snap them into place. Finally, attach the top piece of the stand by pressing it firmly onto the legs.

2. Can I use the Petite Squares for both sweet and savory fondue?

Yes, the Petite Squares can be used for both sweet and savory fondue. They are versatile and can withstand high temperatures, making them perfect for both chocolate and cheese fondue.

3. How do I clean the Petite Squares after using them for fondue?

To clean the Petite Squares, first allow them to cool down. Then, wash them with warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge. If there are any stubborn stains, you can soak the squares in warm water with a little bit of baking soda before washing them.

4. Can I use the SA Rect Stand for other types of cooking besides fondue?

Yes, the SA Rect Stand can be used for various types of cooking, such as grilling, baking, and roasting. It is a versatile tool that can be used for different recipes and cooking techniques.

5. How many Petite Squares can fit on the SA Rect Stand?

The SA Rect Stand can hold up to 8 Petite Squares at once. This makes it perfect for hosting a fondue party or serving a large group of people. Just make sure to leave enough space between each square for easy dipping and serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GeorgiaPeach
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
GeorgiaPeach
  • PamperedSD
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedSD
  • tig_536