• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Cherry Brownie Squares

In summary, the brownies were great, but someone forgot to get the Cool Whip and they offered to go get it, but it was too late, so they just left them out.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
One of my favorite recipes is the Chocolate Cherry Brownie Squares. It was in a Season's Best many years ago. I am in DESPERATE need of getting my hands on the actual recipe. I have the ingredients list but we have moved and I can't find my old SBCB.

Yes, I've tried searching for it online in various places but can't find it. I need it in less than 3 hours so can someone please help me??

I went to google, typed in Chocolate Cherry Brownie Squares, and the first one to pop up was the PC receipe. Thank goodness for the internet! :)
Those sound great, I'm going to try them. :)

CHERRY CHOCOLATE BROWNIE SQUARES1 pkg. brownie mix plus ingredients to make brownies
1 jar Maraschino cherries undrained
1 (8 oz.) pkg cream cheese softened
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping thawed, divided use
1 to 2 tbsp semi-sweet choc. morsels, gratedPreheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish.Prepare brownie mix according to pkg. directions. Pour into prepared dish. Bake as directed on package. Cool completely.Drain juice from cherries to measure 1/4 cup; set aside. Reserve 12 cherries for garnish. Chop remaining cherries. in 2 quart bowl.Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.Add reserved cherry juice; whisk till smooth. Add cherries mix well.Gently fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping. Spread mixture over cooled brownie. Refrigerate 30 minutes.TO SERVE:
Sprinkle grated chocolate evenly over dessert. Cut into squares, garnish with the remaining whipped topping and reserved cherries.

I found this in and old Pampered Chef Seasons Best cookbook from Fall/winter 1998.

CHERRY CHOCOLATE BROWNIE SQUARES

1 pkg. brownie mix plus ingredients to make brownies
1 jar Maraschino cherries undrained
1 (8 oz.) pkg cream cheese softened
2 tbsp powdered sugar
1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping thawed, divided use
1 to 2 tbsp semi-sweet choc. morsels, grated

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking dish.

Prepare brownie mix according to pkg. directions. Pour into prepared dish. Bake as directed on package. Cool completely.

Drain juice from cherries to measure 1/4 cup; set aside. Reserve 12 cherries for garnish. Chop remaining cherries. in 2 quart bowl.

Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth.

Add reserved cherry juice; whisk till smooth. Add cherries mix well.

Gently fold in 2 cups of the whipped topping. Spread mixture over cooled brownie. Refrigerate 30 minutes.

TO SERVE:
Sprinkle grated chocolate evenly over dessert. Cut into squares, garnish with the remaining whipped topping and reserved cherries

I checked in my SB collections and I couldn't find it, could it have another name? Sorry!!

mpkegley said:
I checked in my SB collections and I couldn't find it, could it have another name? Sorry!!
Okay, someone else found them as I was typing! Great!

Thanks everyone!! I promise I did try to find it myself :eek: I did a recipe search on CC and went to Joyce's Fine Cooking and went through all my cookbooks (that aren't still packed in a box). I didn't try google though.

These are my absolute favorite but haven't made them in so long I couldn't remember how much cherry juice to use.

Yum, Yum....can't wait to eat them tonight!!

WOW! I have never even heard of this one....sounds yummy!

http://women.evenhealth.com

OMG this sound awsome!!! Guess what I'm making for dessert tonight?? :)

New Variation for this recipeI did an office breakroom "show" today. When she booked it we were doing it for the office as a cooking show at 5:30. Tuesday I found out she wanted it from 4-5 pm and was going to make it a "oh just drop in when you get off work". :mad:

She forgot to get the Cool Whip. She offered to go and get it but it was too late. We just left it out. I had baked the brownies in the mini muffin pan so they could be bite size and not need forks to eat them. I used the EAD and it worked fine and to quote one of the ladies....they were "killer"!

So, while I don't encourage leaving out the CW, it turned out just fine :)

1. What ingredients do I need to make Chocolate Cherry Brownie Squares?

To make Chocolate Cherry Brownie Squares, you will need:

• 1 box of brownie mix
  • 1 can of cherry pie filling
  • 1/2 cup of melted butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup of chocolate chips

2. Can I use a different type of fruit instead of cherry pie filling?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit pie filling that you prefer. Some popular alternatives include raspberry, blueberry, or apple filling.

3. How long do I need to bake the brownie squares for?

The baking time will vary depending on your oven, but on average, the brownie squares should be baked for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

4. Can I substitute vegetable oil for the melted butter?

Yes, you can use vegetable oil as a substitute for melted butter. However, the texture and flavor may be slightly different.

5. Can I add nuts or other toppings to the brownie squares?

Yes, you can add toppings such as chopped nuts, sprinkles, or even a drizzle of caramel sauce to the brownie squares for extra flavor and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lindsaym
  • stefani2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies