• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Elegant Artichoke Cups - Looking for Video Demo Please

In summary, the new consultant struggled with getting the wantons into the mini muffin pan, but found the recipe easy to follow with some help from the video demonstrations.
linilinda
Hi everyone, I'm very new (signed up 9/7) and am doing my first two shows this coming weekend (eek!). They are for family and friends, but I'm still very nervous. I've decided to make the Elegant Artichoke Cups as my recipe, and I've practiced it once already at home. However, I felt like a struggled a lot with getting the wantons into the mini muffin pan. I saw that there are video demos on the Consultant's Corner that demo some of the Easy Italian and Mexican recipes. Does anyone here know if there is an Artichoke Cup demo anywhere and if so, where I can find it?

Thanks so much!

I thought there was a video for it, but can't find it right now. Was there a DVD in the starter kit that showed it?

linilinda said:
Hi everyone, I'm very new (signed up 9/7) and am doing my first two shows this coming weekend (eek!). They are for family and friends, but I'm still very nervous. I've decided to make the Elegant Artichoke Cups as my recipe, and I've practiced it once already at home. However, I felt like a struggled a lot with getting the wantons into the mini muffin pan. I saw that there are video demos on the Consultant's Corner that demo some of the Easy Italian and Mexican recipes. Does anyone here know if there is an Artichoke Cup demo anywhere and if so, where I can find it?

Thanks so much!

Describe how you struggled. Did you use the mini-tart shaper? Were they sticking to it? I've made the recipe numerous times and haven't had a problem. If you describe how you struggled, we can help, especially if you can't find a video.

Hi Amanda - I received the Cooking Shows in Action DVD and have finished with the first segment - only showed the brownies. But good point, I'll check and see if the other 2 shows on the DVD demo the cups.Hi Keith - 'describe how you struggled', lol, that made me giggle. I'm thinking, oh, how DIDN'T I struggle would be a shorter answer. Seriously though, there were a couple of steps that I wasn't sure of or had trouble with:- I wasn't sure whether to oil the bottom or top of the wanton- when I placed the wonton over the muffin opening and then pushed with the mini-tart shaper, sometimes the tart shaper would rip through the wonton- some of the wontons did not want to stay in the pan or would fold up in the middle- despite putting it in the freezer for 20 mins, the mozzarella still ended up with chunky crumbles on top of the UM at the end - I wasn't sure what I would be doing with those during a live show (put them in the recipe or push them out of the way and pretend they're not there)- I baked for 6 minutes plus another 2 and they were very lightly brown .. I felt that could stay in longer but I was afraid of not following the instructions exactly- when it came time to fill them, I felt very clumsy and felt the need to use my fingers to push the filling in (obviously ok for my family, but I feel like maybe this would not look good during a show?). Some of this trouble was caused by the fact that the wontons were folded in.- the end result tasted good, but were only crispy at the tops, and the bottoms tended to get soggy really fast.Phew! Anyway, so in the end, I really like this recipe and I feel that it would go over very well with the crowd that will be at these 2 shows. But, where I am still nervous and unsure, I want to feel super-confident that I've got this recipe down pat. ANY advice would be really appreciated!!Thanks!

I'll let Keith or someone else tackle a lot of those items you mentioned, because I've only made them once (in my first 30 days) and I can't remember exactly what I did.But one thing I will suggest is when you do the block of cheese on the UM, don't use the food holder. Just hold the cheese in your hand and it will go a lot faster. Just watch yourself as you get close to the end.

The Artichoke Bacon Bites are soooo easy. These would be great for a new consultant. I can now make it without even looking at the recipe. It also showcases a lot of tools.

In your kit, there was a demo for this recipe :) I'm new and I have made these twice, so I'll try to help :)
1) I put the oil on the bottom of the wonton
2) use the tart shaper gently, they can tear. Some of mine tore, but it didn't affect the final result, so I wouldn't worry about it.
3) I didn't have a problem with the wontons folding. But, I did make sure to press the wonton around the muffin hold edge so they would stay in place (after I used the tart shaper).
4) I'm just going to say it, I hate using the mandolin to grate soft cheese, so I don't. Who wants to buy it if you the expert are struggling to use it. I use the mandolin for veggies, but not cheeses. I have them buy grated if need be.
5) Ovens vary, I had to leave them in longer at one party, and it was right on at another.
6) Hopefully pressing the wontons against the muffin pan will help. I scoop, then use the back side of the measuring spoon to push the filling in.
7) My bottoms were good -- maybe it was the oil?Best of luck!
D

Hi everyone,
Thank you for all your great advice. I think I've finally mastered these and made them successfully at 2 shows this past weekend. They are in fact on the DVD that comes with the starter kit. They actually oil the tops of the wontons, but oiling the bottoms works better. I ended up brushing the tops lightly with oil to get rid of the flour, and they came out perfectly. I gave up on the mandolin for the mozzarella and just went with the pre-shredded.
Thanks again for all your feedback!
- Linda

I must admit that I actually use my UM for grating cheese. It is my only grater. I NEVER use the guard for grating though. Also, for shows, I grate the cheese before if I don't have preshredded. I even buy preshredded. Where I shop, a 5-10 pound bag is often cheaper per pound than block.

Did you know you can freeze most cheeses? That's why I buy the big bags. I stick them in the freezer. When I need some, I get out what I need. Sometimes I have to drop the bag on the floor to break it up, but I have plenty of shredded cheese.

What ingredients are needed for making Elegant Artichoke Cups?

To make Elegant Artichoke Cups, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 package of refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 1 can of artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
  • 1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup of chopped green onions

What kitchen tools are required for making Elegant Artichoke Cups?

To make Elegant Artichoke Cups, you will need the following kitchen tools:

• Muffin tin
  • Rolling pin
  • Knife
  • Measuring cups and spoons
  • Mixing bowl

Can the recipe for Elegant Artichoke Cups be modified for dietary restrictions?

Yes, the recipe for Elegant Artichoke Cups can be modified for dietary restrictions. You can use dairy-free Parmesan cheese and vegan mayonnaise for a dairy-free version. For a gluten-free version, you can use gluten-free crescent rolls or make your own pastry dough with gluten-free flour.

What is the recommended serving size for Elegant Artichoke Cups?

The recommended serving size for Elegant Artichoke Cups is one cup per person. However, depending on the size of your muffin tin and how much filling you put in each cup, you may get more or less cups from the recipe.

Is there a video demonstration available for making Elegant Artichoke Cups?

Yes, there is a video demonstration available for making Elegant Artichoke Cups. You can find it on the Pampered Chef website or on their YouTube channel. The video will guide you through the steps of making the recipe and provide helpful tips and tricks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Dotty
Replies
Views
basketmom2
Replies
Views
kam
Replies
Views