• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A | Best Ways to Demo Jerk Chicken Nachos for a Liquid Diet

In summary, the Jerk Chicken Nachos are a good dish to demo, but you may want to put the chicken mixture in the oven first to warm it up before you start chopping the peppers and other toppings.
mommyhugz1978
Gold Member
The Jerk Chicken Nachos??? Normaly I would have cooked them for my family by now :grumpy: but I had oral surgery last week so .... I am on a liquid diet right now. so my question is what is the best way to demo them?? All three of my shows this week want me to do this recipie.....

TIA

I haven't tried them yet but I have heard they are very good... I think I remember mixed feelings on demoing them, wish I could give you more but Good Luck with your shows!

I have tried them....... at a cook and look.... But I havent' made them ......

I have done them as my demo a couple of times. I cook the chicken in our cookware when I get to the host's house (and she raves about the easy clean up of the pan, etc. to her guests) and then do the rest in fromt of the guests. Goes fast and shows a lot of tools.

Beth, do you cut the chicken up before, or after you cook it?

What kind of chicken is the best to use???

I use chicken breasts and I cut them up after they are cooked. I have been using the chef's knife to cut them but am going to switch to the food chopper for future demos - it's a great use of the chopper to get the chicken into bitesize pieces quickly. I use the Santuko knife for the bell pepper so I don't feel that I need to show 2 knives.

BethCooks4U said:
I use chicken breasts and I cut them up after they are cooked. I have been using the chef's knife to cut them but am going to switch to the food chopper for future demos - it's a great use of the chopper to get the chicken into bitesize pieces quickly. I use the Santuko knife for the bell pepper so I don't feel that I need to show 2 knives.

Great idea, I was thinking of using the food chopper. I am doing this tonight at my show!

newchefmommy said:
Great idea, I was thinking of using the food chopper. I am doing this tonight at my show!
When chopping chicken with our food chopper it works best if the chicken is warm so let it cool a little and then chop away. It does work with cold chicken too but I get my best results with it warm.

You can also add black beans to this recipe to add some more tools. Can opener, can strainer, strainer (to rinse the beans), easy read (to put the water in), stainless bowl (to catch the rinsed water). Just by adding beans! Plus it's really good.

Keep the suggestions comeing!!!!

Christ Follower said:
You can also add black beans to this recipe to add some more tools. Can opener, can strainer, strainer (to rinse the beans), easy read (to put the water in), stainless bowl (to catch the rinsed water). Just by adding beans! Plus it's really good.

Yummy! LOVE that idea!

I changed one thing up a little bit. When I did it at home, I followed the recipe to the letter.

I didn't like when I put the chips and chicken mixture in the oven first to warm it up, then pulled it out and let it stand while I cut up the peppers and stuff.

The chips cooled to fast. (even on the stone)

When I did it at a show, I mixed everything together first (chicken mixture), and cut the peppers in the next step, and piled everything on at one time.

Then I put it in the oven for the alotted time. When it came out, it was nice and hot and everyone could dig in right away while it was hot.

Tracy

I cut the peppers as the nachos are cooking and have all the toppings ready when it comes out of the oven so it was served hot.

pamperedtracy said:
I changed one thing up a little bit. When I did it at home, I followed the recipe to the letter.

I didn't like when I put the chips and chicken mixture in the oven first to warm it up, then pulled it out and let it stand while I cut up the peppers and stuff.

The chips cooled to fast. (even on the stone)

When I did it at a show, I mixed everything together first (chicken mixture), and cut the peppers in the next step, and piled everything on at one time.

Then I put it in the oven for the alotted time. When it came out, it was nice and hot and everyone could dig in right away while it was hot.

Tracy

That's a good idea. When I demoed mine it did cool down quite a bit. I honestly don't know if I will demo the Nachos again. The gals I demoed them for were not impressed with it. I am not sure if it was just the gals at my particular show, but they wanted some chocolate. :eek:

I used the food chopper for my chicken and I really had a hard time getting it to cut up. I felt like I was really pounding down on my chopper to get it to chop up.

I did demo the Pesto Pizzas at another show and they were a hit. I did prepare the pesto ahead of time though. The food chopper would not have demoed the pesto very well. It didn't chop into a smooth enough mixture. IMO

I did this demo on Friday night and they were a hit! I put green onions on it also, and I mixed both red and yellow peppers. I also zested 1/2 of the lime, while it was still whole (harder to zest when it's already cut in 1/2) the part that I zested was the one that I juiced. I added the zest and a small sqeeze of juice and finely minced cilantro to the sour cream mixture and it was a hit!
My guests went crazy! The other thing that I did was used the "Tostitos" Chips that have "the hint of lime" Makes this recipe even more amazing!

I made these nachos for dinner tonight because I was curious if my kinda picky hubby would like them. I tweaked it even more for us, because I needed him to be willing to even try it! So I cut up the peppers into chunks that I skewered and put on the grill with a little bit of oil basted on and kosher salt. I grilled the peppers for about 10 minutes. I then cut them up more and added them to the lime mixture and put them over the nachos. I also added olives to the the top of the chicen mixture before I put them in the oven!
He absolutely loved it! The more he ate the more he liked them and he had seconds! My daughter doesn't like peppers at all so I just left them off a small section and she even gobbled up her nachos and told me she loved her dinner! My son liked them to and I think he's probably like it more with the raw peppers like I do. He loves cilantro though and loved that it was all over the top of the nachos! I think I added more than it called for!
Anyway, this is just a few things I did! I can't wait to try the pork asian noodle skillet recipe now, I think I might make that tomorrow night! I'm on a roll now! LOL!:D ;) My hubby loves asian food and the kids absolutely love top ramen, so it should be a success!:thumbup: :balloon:

1. What ingredients do I need to make Jerk Chicken Nachos for a liquid diet?

To make Jerk Chicken Nachos for a liquid diet, you will need chicken broth, shredded rotisserie chicken, jerk seasoning, tortilla chips, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, and avocado.

2. Can I substitute the chicken broth with vegetable broth for a vegetarian option?

Yes, you can definitely substitute the chicken broth with vegetable broth for a vegetarian option. You can also use tofu or black beans as a protein alternative to the shredded chicken.

3. How do I make the jerk seasoning from scratch?

To make the jerk seasoning from scratch, you will need a combination of spices such as garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, allspice, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. You can also add in some brown sugar and lime juice for added flavor. Mix all the ingredients together and store in an airtight container.

4. Can I use a different type of cheese for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of shredded cheese for this recipe. Cheddar, Monterey Jack, or a blend of Mexican cheeses would work well with the flavors of the jerk chicken.

5. How can I make this dish more filling for a meal?

To make this dish more filling for a meal, you can add in some protein-packed ingredients such as black beans, quinoa, or grilled shrimp. You can also serve it with a side of rice or a mixed greens salad for a more well-rounded meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lesliebakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
Replies
Views
HockeyLover
Replies
Views
PamperedSD