• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jamaican Jerk Chicken Nachos with Salsa: A Delicious MFP Demo

In summary, Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a popular dish that originated in Jamaica and is made by marinating chicken in a spicy blend of herbs and spices. To make it, the chicken is marinated for at least 2 hours and then cooked on the grill, in the oven, or on the stovetop. Bone-in chicken thighs or drumsticks are best for this dish, but boneless chicken can also be used. The level of spiciness can be adjusted by varying the amount of Scotch bonnet peppers used. Popular side dishes to pair with Jamaican Jerk Chicken include rice and beans, plantains, and grilled vegetables.
Jennie4PC
I am doing Jamaicain Jerk chicken nachos at my show on Sat and was wondering if a salsa would be good on the side with it? I would like to demo the mfp. TIA

My hosp. NED said she actually is making the recipe using the Chili-Lime rub instead of the J.Jerk. And she's making the Mango Confetti Salsa for on top- instead of the peppers and such that are in the recipe!I forget what she called it- Chili-Lime Chicken Nachos I think....basic. But a great idea that I can't wait to try.

I have made it with the chili lime rub and it is really good. But not 100% sure what I think of the mango slasa.

Then go with your favorite salsa recipe! :) I like the basic salsa we use with our fajitas too. Or use the MFP to chop up the peppers and such that are supposed to be on top. You can make the recipe as written, which is duplicatible for guests, and still use the MFP to demo.

good idea about the peppers. Thanks

esavvymom said:
My hosp. NED said she actually is making the recipe using the Chili-Lime rub instead of the J.Jerk. And she's making the Mango Confetti Salsa for on top- instead of the peppers and such that are in the recipe!

I forget what she called it- Chili-Lime Chicken Nachos I think....basic. But a great idea that I can't wait to try.

Teehee.. I think I talked her into that. They are FANTASTIC when paired with the mango salsa.. I mean FAN tastic!!

1. What is Jamaican Jerk Chicken?

Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a popular dish that originated in Jamaica. It is made by marinating chicken in a spicy blend of herbs and spices, including scallions, thyme, allspice, and Scotch bonnet peppers.

2. How do I make Jamaican Jerk Chicken?

To make Jamaican Jerk Chicken, you will need to marinate chicken pieces in a mixture of herbs and spices for at least 2 hours or overnight. Then, the chicken can be grilled, baked, or cooked on the stovetop until it is fully cooked and tender.

3. What type of chicken is best for Jamaican Jerk Chicken?

Bone-in chicken thighs or drumsticks are the most commonly used cuts for Jamaican Jerk Chicken. However, you can also use boneless chicken breasts or wings if preferred.

4. Can I adjust the level of spiciness in Jamaican Jerk Chicken?

Yes, you can adjust the level of spiciness in Jamaican Jerk Chicken by using more or less Scotch bonnet peppers in the marinade. You can also remove the seeds and membranes of the peppers to decrease the heat.

5. What are some side dishes that pair well with Jamaican Jerk Chicken?

Jamaican Jerk Chicken is often served with rice and beans, plantains, or grilled vegetables. Other popular side dishes include corn on the cob, coleslaw, and roasted sweet potatoes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Smashie
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
feather18
  • kchaudoin
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
kchaudoin
  • stefani2