• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried a Chocolate Mint Silk Torte without mint extract?

In summary, the new silk torte recipe from the best of the seasons uses Andes mints and comes out well when cooked according to the recipe. However, it can be coaxed to come out of the pan better if the host buys a regular brownie mix and uses less cream cheese and cool whip.
jenandnelson
Hi everyone-

I have made the silk tort recipe form the new seasons best in two shows and it is a great show recipe (I bake the tortes in advance) but I have come across a few people who don't care for mint. One of my guests said that "Andies Candies" come in other flavors (ie choc/rasp and choc/peanut butter). Has anyone tried this???

Thanks

I think of heard of the choc/rasp one, though I'm not sure where to find it. I've even had a difficult time finding the regular andes mint candies. Oh, I bet that choc/rasp would be so good!! :balloon:

I don't care for mint usually either, but I really liked this torte. I was hoping to find chocolate and orange together. I really like that combo. I haven't even tried to look for anything different, yet.

I really dislike chocolate mint, but this recipe is really very good. After making it at 3 shows I finally tested it at the last show. It was lovely. I bake the torte at the show. I like to show them how fast and simple this recipe is to duplicate at home. It doesn't take long at all. The cake part bakes in less than 15 min and is completely cool in about 10 minutes.

I will be making this recipe for a Thanksgiving dinner get together.

I'm new here -- and really am finding this site to be wonderful. Hoping you can help me .. I've made the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte a few times, but am finding that it often times doesn't come out of the pans very well. What am I doing wrong, or am I missing something? Would love to hear how this recipe is working for you all.

I'm not a mint person really, but found it to be too minty. Has anyone tried variations yet with this?

am finding that it often times doesn't come out of the pans very well.

Are you spraying the pans with Pam? Do you let them cool before flipping them over?

I'd like a variation, also. Mint seems like mouthwash, to me.

Yes - I'm using Pam, and letting them cool. The first time I made this at home, it was perfect. The next time, the host had purchased a low fat brownie mix - terrible mess! The last couple of times, I've had to coax the edges to break free.

Sounds like you're doing it right!
I haven't had any trouble with those pans.
They do take less time to cook than the cakebox directions state. Coaxing the edges free might mean they are a bit overdone?

pattikake said:
Yes - I'm using Pam, and letting them cool. The first time I made this at home, it was perfect. The next time, the host had purchased a low fat brownie mix - terrible mess! The last couple of times, I've had to coax the edges to break free.

Patti- I think the low-fat might be the issue. My last host used reduced fat or some kind of diet brownie mix and it stuck really bad. If you do it at a show again I would recommend telling your host to buy the regular brownie mix and save the calories on the cream cheese and cool whip.

I haven't practiced any other flavors, but if you find rasp. mints they have the Rasp. extract to help boost that flavor. My thinking on the flavored mints is that it will still taste like mint. Won't it-just with a hint of flavoring?

Are you using regular Pam? or Pam for baking? it makes a really big diffence. Make sure you are spraying the edges well, and using parchment paper in the middle. They also need to be completely cooled before you turn them out. I have made this many times. It's one of my favorite recipes this season. I don't add the mint extract to the brownies though.

Make sure you're reading the recipe carefully. It says to use the Pam with flour and to put a parchment paper circle in each pan. Spray the pan first then palce the parchment paper circle and the the batter. The brownie will come out easily and you just peel the paper off the brownie.

Another thing that was recommended to me was ot leave out the mint extract. It gets plenty of mint flavor from all of the Andes mints.

Hope this helps some of you!

What is a Chocolate Mint Silk Torte?

A Chocolate Mint Silk Torte is a rich and decadent dessert made with layers of chocolate cake, mint cream filling, and a silky chocolate ganache topping. It is a perfect blend of chocolate and mint flavors that will satisfy any sweet tooth.

Is the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte difficult to make?

While it may look impressive, the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte is actually quite simple to make. With the help of Pampered Chef's high-quality baking tools, you can easily create this delicious dessert in no time.

Can I make the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte ahead of time. It is recommended to assemble the torte and keep it refrigerated until ready to serve. This will allow the flavors to develop and make for a more delicious dessert.

Can I use a different type of cake for the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake for the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte. However, for the best results, it is recommended to use a chocolate cake as it pairs perfectly with the mint and chocolate flavors in the torte.

Can I customize the toppings for the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte?

Absolutely! You can get creative and customize the toppings for the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte to your liking. Some popular options include adding crushed peppermint candies, chocolate shavings, or fresh mint leaves on top for a beautiful and delicious presentation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cookin' Mama
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
  • Pampered Amber
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies