• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Make a Chocolate Mint Silk Torte Using the Pampered Chef ® Cookbook?

In summary, Chef prepared a chocolate mint silk torte and it was easy to follow. The torte had a creamy filling and a chocolate coating. The torte
Jennie4PC
Every year our high school band does a fundraiser called dinner in the park and every year they have an auction and action off goodies. So this year my friend asked me if I would make a recipe for her and we picked out the peanut butter torte in the SB cookbook. When I got to the park my friend came up and told me how much it sold for

This year the band is saving money to march in the inagural parade.

FANTASKIC

Way to go!!!

:chef:

WOWZERS, that is awesome!!

Great job - that beats the band so to speak. ;)

WOW! I bet they ask you to make something every year! :)

OMG!!! That is outrageous! But that torte is devine!

Chef Kearns said:
OMG!!! That is outrageous! But that torte is devine!

I havent even tried it yet!! One day though. The 1st time we ever went to the dinner I was shocked at what some items were going for. The band gets so much support here. Tonight a 7 layer carrot cake went for 195.00

That is great! I just made this last night and it was SO delish!

does anyone have a torte recipe that does not involve nuts or choc/berry combination? looking for maybe a vanilla based cake.

I dont have the recipe but a couple seasons ago there was a torte that had yellow cake rum extract, mangos and kiwi it was really good. Except I substituted vanilla for the rum extract since I didnt have any here at the house

Here it is I found it

Island Breeze Rum Cake
----------------------

Ingredients:

Cake
1 package (18.75 ounces) yellow cake mix

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1/3 cup water

1 egg

1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained

1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut

Syrup
1/4 cup light brown sugar

2 tablespoons dark rum

2 tablespoons water

1 teaspoon Cinnamon Plus(R) Spice Blend

Filling and Fruit Topping
1 package (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling

1 cup milk

2 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping, divided

2 tablespoons dark rum

1 kiwi, peeled

1 large mango, peeled

1/4 cup toasted coconut

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. For cake, spray Torte Pans with nonstick cooking spray. Place 8-inch circles of Parchment Paper over centers of pans; set aside. In Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl, combine cake mix, oil, water, egg and pineapple with juice. Stir in coconut. Divide batter between pans, spreading evenly to edges. Bake 15-18 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool in pans 5 minutes. Loosen cakes; invert onto cooling rack and cool 10 minutes.

2. For syrup, bring syrup ingredients to a boil in (1.5-qt.) Saucepan over medium-high heat, whisking until sugar dissolves; cook 1 minute or until syrup reduces to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat. For filling, whisk pudding mix and milk in Stainless (2-qt.) Mixing Bowl until pudding starts to thicken. Fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping and rum. For fruit topping, slice kiwi using Egg Slicer Plus(R). Thinly slice mango using Santoku Knife.

3. To assemble cake, transfer one cake to Simple Additions(R) Round Platter using Lift & Serve(TM) brush 2 tablespoons of the syrup over top. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent(R) Decorator; fill with filling and pipe around edge of cake. Spread remaining filling over center of cake. Place top cake layer well-side up over filling. Arrange fruit in center of cake; brush with remaining syrup. Fill decorator with remaining 1 cup whipped topping; pipe around edge of cake and sprinkle with toasted coconut.

Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 44 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 320 mg, Fiber 1 g

Cook's Tip: If desired, 1 tablespoon rum extract can be substituted for the dark rum in syrup and filling. For syrup, increase water to 3 tablespoons; proceed as recipe directs.

To toast coconut, place coconut in Small Oval Baker. Microwave on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until golden brown, stirring after each 10-second interval. Cool completely.

The Chocolate mint silk torte from last winter is very good and easy too.

The Pampered Chef ®
Chocolate Mint Silk Torte
Recipe
Nonstick cooking spray with flour (see Cook's Tip)
1 package (18-21 ounces) traditional or chewy brownie mix
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
2 packages (4.67 ounces each) crème de menthe chocolate candies, unwrapped, divided (56 pieces total)
1 container (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray Torte Pans with nonstick cooking spray with flour. Place 8-inch circles of Parchment Paper over centers of pans; set aside. In Stainless (4-qt.) Mixing Bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, water, eggs and peppermint extract; mix well. Immediately divide batter between pans, spreading to edges. Bake 10-12 minutes or until centers feel firm to the touch.
2. Meanwhile, for ganache, combine 12 of the candies and 3/4 cup of the whipped topping in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring after each 30-second interval; set aside. Remove pans from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack; cool in pans 5 minutes. Invert onto cooling rack and cool completely, about 8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, for filling, in Easy Read Measuring Cup, combine 36 of the remaining candies and 1 cup of the whipped topping; microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring after each 30-second interval. In Classic Batter Bowl, whisk cream cheese until well blended; whisk in chocolate mixture until smooth. Fold remaining whipped topping into filling in two additions.
4. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with 3/4 cup of the filling and set aside. To assemble torte, transfer one brownie to Simple Additions® Round Platter. Using Classic Scraper, spread remaining filling into brownie well. Place top brownie layer well-side up over filling. Spread reserved ganache over brownie 1/2 inch from edge of well. Pipe a decorative border around ganache inside edge of well. For garnish, cut remaining eight candies in half crosswise and arrange around border.
Yield: 16 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 400, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 12 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 170 mg, Fiber 0 g
Cook's Tip: It's best to use a nonstick cooking spray containing flour when baking these brownies. In a pinch, brush Torte Pans with melted butter, then sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa powder using the Flour/Sugar Shaker. Tap out excess cocoa powder.

For best results, choose a brownie mix marked “traditional” or “chewy” on the package. Do not use brownie mixes containing chocolate morsels or chunks, as these will cause sticking.
© The Pampered Chef, Ltd., 2001

Related to How to Make a Chocolate Mint Silk Torte Using the Pampered Chef ® Cookbook?

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Chocolate Peanutbutter Torte?

The ingredients for the Chocolate Peanutbutter Torte include butter, sugar, eggs, flour, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, peanut butter, and chocolate chips.

2. Can I use natural peanut butter instead of regular peanut butter in this recipe?

Yes, you can use natural peanut butter in this recipe. Just make sure to stir it well before adding it to the batter.

3. How long does it take to bake the Chocolate Peanutbutter Torte?

The Chocolate Peanutbutter Torte takes about 45 minutes to bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

4. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the ganache topping?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate for the ganache topping, such as dark chocolate or white chocolate.

5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time and store it in the fridge?

Yes, you can make the Chocolate Peanutbutter Torte ahead of time and store it in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just make sure to let it come to room temperature before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SillyChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikkijo
  • chefjeanine
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
hollye44
  • esavvymom