• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Substituted a Different Candy?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the idea of using the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte as a dessert recipe, but substituting the mint with other candies such as peanut butter cups. Some have tried this substitution and found it to be delicious, while others have not yet tried it but are interested in doing so. The consensus seems to be that the mint flavor is not overpowering and can be easily adjusted by leaving out the mint extract. Overall, the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte is a tasty and versatile dessert option.
Cookin' Mama
I am thinking about offering the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte as a dessert recipe at my shows. My problem is that a lot of people dislike mint, I am not the biggest fan of it either. So, I have thought about substituting a different kind of candy such as peanut butter cups. Has anyone done this? Has anyone made the torte? Is the mint a really strong taste in it?

A tip I got was to leave out the mint extract. There is plenty of mint from the candies.

chefpenny99 said:
A tip I got was to leave out the mint extract. There is plenty of mint from the candies.
That's a good idea - because they are very minty.....

That is definitely a good tip. My dh and I have tried making the torte with pb cups and substituting the mint extract with vanilla tonight. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks yummy!!!

Cookin' Mama said:
That is definitely a good tip. My dh and I have tried making the torte with pb cups and substituting the mint extract with vanilla tonight. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks yummy!!!

MMMMM - sounds yummy - I'll take a slice!:D :chef: (to taste test it for you, of course!:angel: )

I know they also have rasberry andes candy in the baking isle next to the mint ones.

Thanks for the tips guys...just to let you know that if you like Peanut Butter and Chocolate this is a great substitute...so yummy! I have never made it with the mints, so I don't know if it turned out the same, but it worked well for me. I think that I will offer the cake as an option and if the host doesn't care for the mint part then I will tell them that I have substituted pb cups and it was delicious!

I made this cake and didn't think it was too minty. It is very yummy!

1. Can I substitute a different candy in a recipe?

Yes, you can substitute a different candy in a recipe. Just make sure to choose a candy that has a similar texture and taste to the one called for in the recipe.

2. How do I know which candy to use as a substitute?

It's best to choose a candy that has a similar texture and taste to the one called for in the recipe. For example, if the recipe calls for chocolate chips, you can substitute with chopped chocolate bars or chocolate chunks.

3. Can I use any type of candy as a substitute?

Yes, you can use any type of candy as a substitute as long as it has a similar texture and taste to the one called for in the recipe. Some popular options include nuts, dried fruit, and crushed cookies.

4. How do I adjust the recipe if I use a different candy?

If you decide to use a different candy, you may need to make adjustments to the recipe. For example, if you substitute with a candy that is sweeter than the original, you may need to reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe. It's best to taste the batter or dough as you go and make adjustments accordingly.

5. Can I use a healthier candy as a substitute?

Yes, you can use a healthier candy as a substitute, such as dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate. Just keep in mind that the taste and texture may be slightly different from the original recipe. You may need to experiment with different quantities to achieve the desired result.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jenandnelson
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefpenny99
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
hollye44
Replies