• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Ever Loved a Side Hustle More Than Your Day Job?

ago. I've been back to full time, working a "real" job again for about 6 months now. I work as a customer service representative for a small bank. I have been working here for about 2 years. I have to say that it is a very challenging job. It is always busy and we are always dealing with people who are angry, rude, or just plain difficult. However, I do like the challenge of trying to manage people and their problems. I can relate to this. I work at a call center for a telemarketing company. It's a very challenging job - people are always angry, rude, or just plain difficult. But I do like the challenge of trying to manage
chefjenibel
Seriously, I absolutely love doing Pampered Chef, which I've been with for nearly 3 years. And as much as I would like to do it "full time", I really LOVE my other day job and couldn't see leaving it. I did go part-time at my day job due to PC, but I don't think I could bring myself to leave. Plus, my boss just called me at home to let me know that our bonus checks are in today (two days early!) Woo Hoo!
Anyone else know what I mean?

I work for my family during the day.... I have been selling pc for a year... but I love working for my family as well... I honstly dont' intend on quiting my day job and soley selling pc.... anyone else know what I mean?

"Love" might be a strong word for it, but I do really appreciate the opportunities that my other job has given to me, that a "real" job could never offer me.It wears thin sometimes, like any job does, but I love being out and about.

I "loved" my job before PC, as a Personal Chef, but when I had my baby, I discovered I loved him even more! MY hours were often grueling, and I would come home exhausted and just collapse......not what I wanted to offer to my child as his mom. Someday, I hope to do it again, but for now....PC is the perfect job for me!

Oh I can understand that.... My other job that I have... is only four months long where I am working M-Saturday. Then tax season is done for another year..... so seasonal job and going to school full time and selling pc full time and all the mommy and wife things that I have to do goes really nicely

i really like my other job as a features page designer for our state newspaper. Hours are good, it's not too stressful and I can be creative.Plus when I have downtime I surf the internet like now and get paid for it!
Can't really beat that.

I am a legal secretary for a one attorney firm. I have been here 11 years. I LOVE working here. I could not ever find a better boss. But my dream is still to be able to quit and stay home with my son full time.

And if I do continue working I would love to get a job in the office of the school I know he will attend, so, I can be there with him everyday like my mom was when I was in school. Then it ws be so easy for my to take him and pick him and just be there for school things that go on during the day.

I love my job. I am an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney who prosecutes parents who abuse and/or neglect their children. I think I have the best job because I get to protect children. I also love PC. But I can't really call myself part time I am more of a hobbist. This tread topic is perfect. I often don't go to PC cluster meetings because I feel like the only person in the room who does not want to quit her day job. So thank you for asking the question.

koeverson said:
I love my job. I am an Assistant Prosecuting Attorney who prosecutes parents who abuse and/or neglect their children. I think I have the best job because I get to protect children. I also love PC. But I can't really call myself part time I am more of a hobbist. This tread topic is perfect. I often don't go to PC cluster meetings because I feel like the only person in the room who does not want to quit her day job. So thank you for asking the question.

I can relate to that ... I am working on becoming a Financial Planner right now... I feel like the odd ball out sometimes.

I'm so glad there are others out there like me! :D
And, I think this is the first time I've started a thread that didn't die after about 2 posts! :p
When I joined PC, I was a bank teller supervisor/customer service rep full time with two kids at home. My husband works 12 hour shifts (days/nights). I had my third child while working full time and doing PC part time. When he was born, I decided something had to give. So, I "demoted" myself to part time teller, gave up my hours, salary, position, etc to be home a lot more with my kids. It forced me to pick up my PC business. This was two years ago! I must say, I feel it is the perfect combination! My former assistant is now my boss and not once have I regretted my decision. HOWEVER, I love, love, love having a part time low-stress job and I love, love, love the people I work with! My bank has been so good to me and my boss is so accommodating that I couldn't dream of leaving!
I like going to my "other" job a couple of days a week because it is my sanity! It is my connection with other adults and a day out of the house.
So, thank you to everyone who has chimed in! I'd love to hear from more of you!

It is always nice to assocate with other adults... I love my job as well.... it's a good thing that it is only part time durning the summer becasue that is when I really put my foucs on my business.

How else would I ever have gotten to Oskaloosa, Iowa?Or Bowling Green, Ohio? (Twice!)Or to see a coal mine in Beckley, WV?Or be able to drive from Miami to Pittsburg in one day? (And get paid to do it?)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
How else would I ever have gotten to Oskaloosa, Iowa?

Or Bowling Green, Ohio? (Twice!)

Or to see a coal mine in Beckley, WV?

Or be able to drive from Miami to Pittsburg in one day? (And get paid to do it?)

Hey, what's wrong with Clinton, IA? And I know you've been here, Mr. Lincoln Highway Man!

My "day job" is temping. I really enjoy it. I have pretty much the same level of flexibility with that as I do with PC. It helps me to keep my skills sharp and meet people. I've made several PC contacts through my assignments, so I anticipate continuing on my terms.

I love my job! I couldn't do PC full time! I would get to bored cause I would be home most of the time except for shows. I love working at the middle school!!

I must be the oddball here. I absolutely DETEST my job! It's something I just sort of fell into, and I'm good at. Unfortunately, I can't think of something else to do that would pay me anywhere near the same salary within a year or two.

koeverson said:
I often don't go to PC cluster meetings because I feel like the only person in the room who does not want to quit her day job. So thank you for asking the question.

I get the opposite feeling at my cluster meetings. There are only 2 of us in my Director's cluster who work outside the home (at least among the "regulars" at meetings), and too often the SAHMs have the attitude that we don't count because 1) we don't have children; 2) "real" women don't need to work outside the home; and 3) we don't understand balancing kids and PC (as if that's so dissimilar to balancing work and PC).

I keep threatening to quit my job, but DH says that I have to replace the income first. I know that people have done it, but It seems that every time I tell myself I'm going to push myself with PC, DH suddenly has more things HE needs done with my time, and PC ends up on the back burner again.

My company's fiscal year ends 3/31, and that's a traditional time for cutbacks. Our founder/CEO is retiring in a year or two, so there will be changes coming as a last hurrah. Those things taken together point to bigger cuts and changes this year. I'm secretly hoping that I'm cut, so I have an "excuse."

chefann said:
I must be the oddball here.

Ann, you would have to work a lot harder to be considered an oddball here.

I always thought the idea was that PC works for almost all situations, so no situation is "better" than another. I actually began PC with the idea that I would want to quit doing other work. It's only as time has gone by that I realized I like the blend.

raebates said:
Ann, you would have to work a lot harder to be considered an oddball here.
I realized as I hit "Post" that I was setting myself up for some smart comments. :) Thanks for being gentle.

I haven't weighed in yet...I could have an odd ball with this one.

I LOOOOVVVEEEE my pimary job!!!!:)

Jen - I too thoroughly enjoy my day job. I work as a Systems & Process Engineer (basically engineering and IT work combined) and also take care of our company's E-bay sales. It would take me quite a few years of work at PC to even start to think of replacing my pay, benefits and flexibility (...and that is still with making a lot LESS than when I graduated from college and worked in Milwaukee).

My work is great...my husband had a severe reaction to gasoline today that had already lasted over 12 hours so I just grabbed my keys, told 1 person I was taking off to take him to the ER and gone...I won't get in any "trouble" for it...they are all understanding and would yell at me if I DIDN'T go. Not every job gives you that freedom to care for your family so I wouldn't want to trade it! I also took a day off last week with only 2-3 days warning just to go on a fieldtrip with my daughter.

I LOVE my other job...I stay at home and do the A/P and A/R for my dh's business...and check in on our car wash in town now and then. Also sub in the schools every now and then...so I really don't have a full time job anymore. Been about 7 years of that. I don't miss working FT at all!!

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Killed another thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY!!!
(my last post wasn't mean to sound as snotty as it did...sorry everyone!)

but I still don't miss working FT!!!

Chris, this is for you, so you don't feel as if you've killed it...

I loved my job when I was working in London (granted who wouldn't love working in London and getting paid to travel and "chaperone" college kids on trips throughout the UK), but now that I am back in reality I absolutely HATE my job... it brings me to tears. PC used to be my "fun job," now my day job is so bad I am getting a serious depression (even with meds! lol :) )

I have a few "odd" jobs that I do to help bring in the income, but I can't help thinking that I make more per hour with PC. Too bad I can't do 2 shows a day all month!!

If I had stable full-time income in a job that I love I wouldn't think twice about staying with it- why would you want to leave??

Ann- I am sorry that your meeting is somewhat clique-y (invented word?). I love that my meetings consist of other moms that I can talk to, but also women who work full time. I think you can learn something from any consultant, no matter what their day consists of. I don't see how your daily schedule affects what kind of consultant you are! Keep your chin up and don't let them get you down!

I love my other job. But it only takes 2-12 hours a week. I mentor people working to become observant jews. I do this over the phone at times that work best for me. And someone pays me to do it. I have between 2-6 students at a time working 1-2 hours a week with each for 3-24 months.

Yes, I'm in the military and I love the work that I do. Some places are better then others, but over all I'm happy with it.

I love my job, I also love selling PC... thought when I started a year ago I didnt' start selling to elmianate a debt or anything like that. I decided to sell PC becasue it was a fun way to meet new people, and entertain them or vice verusa..... The point is whether we are at are normal day job or selling PC full time.. or doing both... is that we make the best out of what we have and turn all those lemons into something usefull such as Lemonade for starters..... :)

I also love my "real" job. I work in Human Resources for a great company and have a wonderful boss. When I started with PC, my family really needed the $$$ to help us get by each month. However, I just got a raise at work that was big enough to take off the "pressure" so now the PC income is just extra..which will be nice. I'm am starting to get burned out a bit with managing a FT job, a family and a PC business. Right now, I can't see where PC would be able to replace my FT income. After April (I have 7 shows scheduled), I think I'm going to pull back a little with PC. Good thread, I'm glad to see that there are others like me.

I started selling PC once because of the fact that I knew I was going to "temporarily" quit my regular job, (nursing), just until we get settled into our new home...which by the way, we're still waiting. LOL But, hopefully, in just a few weeks, we'll be there...all the way in Germany! I just posted a blog on my myspace page talking about how much I thoroughly MISS working! My speciality is the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. I've worked in the NICU for over 5 yrs, and I can't imagine doing anything else. I love my profession, the challenges, the rewards, and just feeling like I'm doing my part in serving others. I've always felt called to be a nurse, ever since I was a little girl. So I know that this is what God's purpose if for my life. It's an awesome opportunity to minister to the parents, and also my fellow co-workers, and so much more. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to sell PC once I get over to Germany. For some reason, it is prohibited to direct sell any products!!:eek: I read this in the info packet regarding post information and things of that sort. I'm a little disappointed because I want to continue to sell PC, simply for the extra goodies....however its certainly not a neccessity once I go back to working as an R.N... I'm wondering if I can just continue to keep my website up and hopefully continue to get orders from friends and family on my website....so that way I'm reallly not selling or promoting on post!!! LOL anyone have any suggestions.?????

You all have a BLESSED day!!!!!

calebsmom0822 said:
I started selling PC once because of the fact that I knew I was going to "temporarily" quit my regular job, (nursing), just until we get settled into our new home...which by the way, we're still waiting. LOL But, hopefully, in just a few weeks, we'll be there...all the way in Germany! I just posted a blog on my myspace page talking about how much I thoroughly MISS working! My speciality is the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. I've worked in the NICU for over 5 yrs, and I can't imagine doing anything else. I love my profession, the challenges, the rewards, and just feeling like I'm doing my part in serving others. I've always felt called to be a nurse, ever since I was a little girl. So I know that this is what God's purpose if for my life. It's an awesome opportunity to minister to the parents, and also my fellow co-workers, and so much more. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to sell PC once I get over to Germany. For some reason, it is prohibited to direct sell any products!!:eek: I read this in the info packet regarding post information and things of that sort. I'm a little disappointed because I want to continue to sell PC, simply for the extra goodies....however its certainly not a neccessity once I go back to working as an R.N... I'm wondering if I can just continue to keep my website up and hopefully continue to get orders from friends and family on my website....so that way I'm reallly not selling or promoting on post!!! LOL anyone have any suggestions.?????

You all have a BLESSED day!!!!!

What part of Germany are you going to? Their is a fellow cluster mate of mine that her Dh and her are in Germnay right now .... and she is booming with her business.... I can put you in touch with her if you would like.

I have seen a thread about this before and she was allowed to sell, but she couldn't approach her neighbors/people on base and couldn't have people at her house for PC (like an open house). I think she could run her business out of her house, just not AT her house.

I love my job. I am a Medical assistant/office manager for my brother's practice. We get along very well and I learn something everyday. If I ever need to be off it is never a problem. I stayed home with my boys for 12 years and kept teachers children for several years.

Related to Have You Ever Loved a Side Hustle More Than Your Day Job?

1. What inspired you to start a side hustle with Pampered Chef?

I have always had a passion for cooking and entertaining, and Pampered Chef's high-quality kitchen tools and delicious recipes caught my attention. I also saw the potential to make some extra income while doing something I love.

2. How do you balance your day job and your Pampered Chef business?

It can definitely be a challenge, but I have found that time management and prioritization are key. I make a schedule and stick to it, dedicating specific blocks of time for both my day job and Pampered Chef tasks. I also have an amazing team that helps support and motivate me.

3. What are the biggest benefits of having a side hustle with Pampered Chef?

There are many benefits to having a side hustle with Pampered Chef. Not only do I get to make extra income and earn bonuses, but I also get to connect with new people and share my love for cooking. It also allows me to be creative and constantly learn new skills.

4. Have you faced any challenges with balancing your day job and Pampered Chef?

Yes, there have been times where it can be overwhelming trying to balance both my day job and Pampered Chef. However, I have learned to prioritize and communicate with my team and my boss to make sure everything runs smoothly.

5. Do you see yourself ever leaving your day job to do Pampered Chef full time?

While I absolutely love my Pampered Chef business, I also really enjoy my day job and the stability it provides. I am grateful for the opportunity to do both and I don't see myself leaving my day job anytime soon. However, I am always open to new opportunities and will continue to evaluate my options in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Chef Ritz