• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Have you discovered the secret to saving on shipping costs for supply orders?

In summary, the shipping rates for Sample Product Order Forms going forward will be the "Consultant Shipping price" for orders received by Feb. 29 or later, which is the direct shipping rate. Orders received before Feb. 29 will still be charged the $4.75 shipping and handling charge.
almondfarm
Gold Member
I noticed on the back of the sample package order form that if you order prior to March 1st shipping is $4.75 and if you order after that you pay the "Consultant Shipping price" which was the direct shipping rate... I am guessing this is going to be the norm on the supply orders as well..
Did anyone else catch this?

Yes, and I already warned my team.

I missed that! Wow that could get expensive. Can anyone confirm that this is going to be for supply orders as well. Also do we know if directors will have to pay direct shipping?

So there won't even be the one shipment at the $4.75 price anymore?

This is what I could find on the most recent downloadable supply order. This is the current rules. BUT it does not say anything about what they are doing after 2/29RATES EFFECTIVE 2/6/12 THROUGH 2/29/12
Consultants within the 48 contiguous states and all AP O addresses may place one paperwork/
supply order per month with a $4.75 shipping and handling charge. Consultants outside the
48 contiguous states may place one order per month with a $6.75 shipping and handling
charge. Additional orders received during the month require standard shipping and handling
charges as listed. Based on address, Directors pay $4.75 or $6.75 for all supply orders.
To expedite shipping on supply orders use chart below for expedited shipping rates.
Noncontiguous U.S. locations: include Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands,
Guam, American Samoa and U.S. Territories.

bethcooks4u said:
So there won't even be the one shipment at the $4.75 price anymore?

Beth, I don't know, that is what I am worried about, I hope they are not changing it to direct shipping for all supply orders.:bugeye: I order almost a 100 catalogs every month. That would get expensive!!!!

cincychef said:
This is what I could find on the most recent downloadable supply order. This is the current rules. BUT it does not say anything about what they are doing after 2/29

RATES EFFECTIVE 2/6/12 THROUGH 2/29/12
Consultants within the 48 contiguous states and all AP O addresses may place one paperwork/
supply order per month with a $4.75 shipping and handling charge. Consultants outside the
48 contiguous states may place one order per month with a $6.75 shipping and handling
charge. Additional orders received during the month require standard shipping and handling
charges as listed. Based on address, Directors pay $4.75 or $6.75 for all supply orders.
To expedite shipping on supply orders use chart below for expedited shipping rates.
Noncontiguous U.S. locations: include Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands,
Guam, American Samoa and U.S. Territories.

What we are talking about is the SAMPLE ORDER for the new spring products. What you quoted regarding supply orders isn't new--that has always been the case.

DebbieJ said:
What we are talking about is the SAMPLE ORDER for the new spring products. What you quoted regarding supply orders isn't new--that has always been the case.

I saw that on the sample order form, but Lynnette asked if it was going to be the norm on supply orders as well. Plus the new spring supply order form says that the s/h policy is only effective thru 2/29 which seems unusual since it is the form for the whole spring/summer season.

cincychef said:
I saw that on the sample order form, but Lynnette asked if it was going to be the norm on supply orders as well. Plus the new spring supply order form says that the s/h policy is only effective thru 2/29 which seems unusual since it is the form for the whole spring/summer season.

Except it isn't. They will be changing some of the products on the supply order form. It's possible that is the only reason it says it's only through the 29th and has nothing to do with the shipping cost. Why can't they just TELL us stuff like this? I'd order my catalogs now but I wanted to wait to see if anything else might change on March 1...

That makes sense, I can't imagine that they would charge us direct shipping for catalogs. It really wouldn't make sense from any viewpoint.

cincychef said:

Oops, I missed that! I haven't printed out the new form yet.

They posted a blurb in today's newswire:
UPCOMING SHIPPING RATE CHANGES
Place Sample/Supply Orders by Feb. 29You may have noticed that the Sample Product Order Form you received with your Spring Paperwork Package lists two sets of shipping rates — one for orders received by Feb. 29 and another for orders received on March 1 or later.As you know, shipping and fuel costs continue to rise, which affects our shipping rates. We apologize for the late notice, but we wanted you to be aware of the upcoming change so that you can take advantage of the current rates by ordering samples in February.

I wish they would have been more specific. This sounds like all supply orders will be direct ship prices. I sure hope that isn't true.

bethcooks4u said:
I wish they would have been more specific. This sounds like all supply orders will be direct ship prices. I sure hope that isn't true.

I agree. They need to specify whether supply orders will have direct ship prices. If so, I'll be ordering before the end of the month with an estimate for the rest of the season.

Becca_in_MD said:
I agree. They need to specify whether supply orders will have direct ship prices. If so, I'll be ordering before the end of the month with an estimate for the rest of the season.

The blurb in the newswire says supply orders in the second line:
UPCOMING SHIPPING RATE CHANGES
Place Sample/Supply Orders by Feb. 29In my mind, that can't be any more clear...it states to to place your supply orders before the 29th to take advantage of the savings.

I'm not posting this to debate, simply stating my opinion of how "I" interpret it. No way telling others what to think or what opinion to have of how to read their words.

I just called Career solutions and she put me on hold when i asked specifically about Supply Orders (she wasn't sure). She came back and said she didn't know any more, other than what was in the 14th newsletter. She asked me to check back on the website and they'd post it when they got more details... Ugh!! This is rediculous to have to pay direct shipping for catalots - they are expensive and I buy 100 at a time on a regular basis - sigh

Malinda Klein said:
I just called Career solutions and she put me on hold when i asked specifically about Supply Orders (she wasn't sure). She came back and said she didn't know any more, other than what was in the 14th newsletter. She asked me to check back on the website and they'd post it when they got more details... Ugh!! This is rediculous to have to pay direct shipping for catalots - they are expensive and I buy 100 at a time on a regular basis - sigh

Well on that note be thankful that we aren't paying by the weight. :yuck:
When given lemons, make lemondade! :angel:

This was posted by a sister director
So, in order to get a Spring/Summer sample order (products at 50% off) - you have to Be Active, and if you want that sample order for $4.75 shipping,
you need to order it by 2/29. So BE ACTIVE in Feb and save a bunch on shipping.Sample/Supply orders on 3/1 will be charged the higher rate.
FYI.... consultant supply orders will now be charged shipping based on the size of the order & here it is .
Up to $19.99 $4.75$20 - $29.99 $5.75$30 - $39.99 $6.50$40 - $69.99 $7$70-$89.99 $8$90-$109.99 $8.50$110- $159.99 $9$160-$199.99 $9.50$200 and up 4% - so if that is not a typo - and you want a better deal -
spend $200 and only pay $8!Or be sure to earn PC $$'s so you don't have to pay at all!

That matches the chart on the back of the sample product order form. Hopefully PC didn't typo that. It's definitely an incentive for us to save up & do less supply order ordering more at a time vs a bunch of smaller orders, huh? ;)

I wonder if it is for all leadership levels or just team leaders and under?

Chef Kearns said:
I wonder if it is for all leadership levels or just team leaders and under?
Or just Director level and under...

cincychef said:
So, in order to get a Spring/Summer sample order (products at 50% off) - you have to Be Active, and if you want that sample order for $4.75 shipping,
you need to order it by 2/29. So BE ACTIVE in Feb and save a bunch on shipping.

Sample/Supply orders on 3/1 will be charged the higher rate.
FYI.... consultant supply orders will now be charged shipping based on the size of the order & here it is .
Up to $19.99 $4.75

$20 - $29.99 $5.75

$30 - $39.99 $6.50

$40 - $69.99 $7

$70-$89.99 $8

$90-$109.99 $8.50

$110- $159.99 $9

$160-$199.99 $9.50

$200 and up 4% - so if that is not a typo - and you want a better deal -
spend $200 and only pay $8!

Or be sure to earn PC $$'s so you don't have to pay at all!

Well I like your rates better and can deal with those. Here is what is listed on the supply order form avail. for download on cc. My last supply order (which I ordered a little more than normal b/c of the rate increase) would have been in the 11% range and would have cost me $29 in shipping for standard!!! I can tell you if that is what we are going to....NOT HAPPY! I'll be looking for a way around ordering door prizes and only ordering what I have to from supply.

Direct Ship Rates
48 Contiguous States and APO/FPO
Order Value Standard Rate Second Day Air Next Day Air
up to $19.99 $6.75 $21.75 $26.75
$20 to $29.99 7.50 22.50 27.50
$30 to $39.99 8.50 23.50 28.50
$40 to $49.99 9.75 24.75 29.75
$50 to $64.99 11.00 26.00 31.00
$65 to $129.99 14.75 29.75 34.75
$130 and over 11% of order 11% plus $15.00 11% plus $20.00

flemings99 said:
I'll be looking for a way around ordering door prizes and only ordering what I have to from supply.

I only ever buy SBCBs (old cheap ones) from Supply ORder and "IF" I'm feeling generous, I will buy a pack of new ones in February and August for the upcoming season for those first few hosts but other than that, I never buy my door prizes from supply order - I order them on a show as the host when I have a host who gets the 30% discount. I simply ask the host, I am in need of some small items, like the Seasons Best I gave to you at your show, do you mind if I tack them onto your order after we have closed out and by all means, I'll be paying for my purchases and then i can just pick them up?" or 90% of the time I wait for a host that is close to me and then I tell her I'll have her show shipped to me and I'll sort it for her as an extra special courtesy to her...then I just add to it and take care of the rest. In 3yrs not one host has ever had a problem with it and in fact are usually like, "Sure! No problem!" Then I get 30% off AND commission on it and points etc. I put it in as consultant gift so it expenses it for me and then later I can adjust it to be a supply expense. I don't pay any shipping when I do it this way so just a thought for ya. :)

cincychef said:
you need to order it by 2/29. So BE ACTIVE in Feb and save a bunch on shipping.

Sample/Supply orders on 3/1 will be charged the higher rate.
Up to $19.99 $4.75

$20 - $29.99 $5.75

$30 - $39.99 $6.50

$40 - $69.99 $7

$70-$89.99 $8

$90-$109.99 $8.50

$110- $159.99 $9

$160-$199.99 $9.50

$200 and up 4% - so if that is not a typo - and you want a better deal -
spend $200 and only pay $8!

Or be sure to earn PC $$'s so you don't have to pay at all!

Where did she get this information. I have looked everywhere and cannot find it published.

Wendy, that's the chart on the back of the Sample Product Order Form that came with our changeover kit. Then PC mentioned the increase in a recent Newswire.

Dork!! I was looking all over CC for it. Go figure it was in print somewhere! Thanks!

cookingwithlove said:
Dork!! I was looking all over CC for it. Go figure it was in print somewhere! Thanks!

Well, I wouldn't beat yourself up. HO is really good at putting things one place and then no where else so it's easy to know you saw it but not be able to find things again. lol

Melissa78 said:
I only ever buy SBCBs (old cheap ones) from Supply ORder and "IF" I'm feeling generous, I will buy a pack of new ones in February and August for the upcoming season for those first few hosts but other than that, I never buy my door prizes from supply order - I order them on a show as the host when I have a host who gets the 30% discount. I simply ask the host, I am in need of some small items, like the Seasons Best I gave to you at your show, do you mind if I tack them onto your order after we have closed out and by all means, I'll be paying for my purchases and then i can just pick them up?" or 90% of the time I wait for a host that is close to me and then I tell her I'll have her show shipped to me and I'll sort it for her as an extra special courtesy to her...then I just add to it and take care of the rest. In 3yrs not one host has ever had a problem with it and in fact are usually like, "Sure! No problem!" Then I get 30% off AND commission on it and points etc. I put it in as consultant gift so it expenses it for me and then later I can adjust it to be a supply expense. I don't pay any shipping when I do it this way so just a thought for ya. :)

that's what I do too :clap: :clap: If there is anyway possible to get commission and points, I'm all over it!

Melissa78 said:

I do something like this too. When I do my New Release parties twice a year, I usually do giveaways of extra product, stuff from my Director's package, etc...and keep the host benefits for myself. Then I use my host benefits to stock up on all that stuff. I only use my free, half-off, and 60% off items and usually get a ton of stuff to use as give-aways. Then, I also buy the old SB cookbooks from supply order and use those too. BUT I do also buy the new SB, and give those away to my hosts at shows.

What is the shipping price for Pampered Chef consultants?

The shipping price for consultants varies depending on the size and weight of the order, as well as the location it is being shipped to. Pampered Chef offers a flat rate shipping fee of $11.25 for orders under $75, and free shipping for orders over $75.

Can I get free shipping as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, as a consultant, you are eligible for free shipping on orders over $75. This applies to both personal orders and orders placed for customers.

How long does it take for Pampered Chef consultant orders to be shipped?

Orders placed by consultants typically ship within 1-2 business days. However, during busy seasons, it may take slightly longer for orders to be processed and shipped.

Do Pampered Chef consultants have a minimum order requirement for shipping?

No, there is no minimum order requirement for consultants to receive shipping. However, orders under $75 will incur a flat rate shipping fee of $11.25.

Can I track my Pampered Chef consultant order?

Yes, once your order has been shipped, you will receive a tracking number via email. You can also track your order through your consultant account on the Pampered Chef website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies