• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Shipping Rate on Supply Orders Going up

In summary, starting from March 1, the shipping charges for supply orders will be based on the actual cost instead of a flat rate of $4.75. This change was previously mentioned in the Weekly Motivation and confirmed by the home office. While this may result in higher shipping costs, consultants will now be able to combine different types of orders, such as personal orders, kit enhancements, and supply orders. This change applies to all orders, not just sample products for spring/summer. It is advised to place sample and supply orders by February 29 to take advantage of the current rates. The Newswire also mentions that shipping costs are affected by rising shipping and fuel costs, and the company does not typically announce shipping increases at conferences.
babywings76
Gold Member
Just got this from my director:

As of March 1, the shipping on our supply orders will be the direct shipping charges instead of a flat $4.75. This was noted yesterday in the Weekly Motivation and I called home office to confirm. You will be able to group things together you can't now like personal orders, kit enhancement, supply orders... but the shipping will be higher depending on the amount spent.

As long as they send them via FedEx instead of Smart Post I'm okay with this! I like that they will let us put different things together rather than paying more than once for shipping.

I thought it said just sample product for spring/summercopy and paste for you:
did I misunderstand it?
UPCOMING SHIPPING RATE CHANGES
Place Sample/Supply Orders by Feb. 29You may have noticed that the Sample Product Order Form you received with your Spring Paperwork Package lists two sets of shipping rates — one for orders received by Feb. 29 and another for orders received on March 1 or later.As you know, shipping and fuel costs continue to rise, which affects our shipping rates. We apologize for the late notice, but we wanted you to be aware of the upcoming change so that you can take advantage of the current rates by ordering samples in February.

3girls said:
I thought it said just sample product for spring/summer

copy and paste for you:
did I misunderstand it?
Place Sample/Supply Orders by Feb. 29

You may have noticed that the Sample Product Order Form you received with your Spring Paperwork Package lists two sets of shipping rates — one for orders received by Feb. 29 and another for orders received on March 1 or later.

As you know, shipping and fuel costs continue to rise, which affects our shipping rates. We apologize for the late notice, but we wanted you to be aware of the upcoming change so that you can take advantage of the current rates by ordering samples in February.

It says to place the sample & SUPPLY orders by Feb 29th

Thanks Sheila....it was very confusing....so I called HO to find out the details of it all.....ugh!!!! now to call my team about it.

its in the newswire....I saw it originally on the order form that came in my directors box but thought I'd wait to see if we heard anything from HO.
I still think it's a little confusing...is this just for the sample products order for spring summer? Or will this be for all supply orders? Will we not pay the $4.75 for 1 order per month (directors unlimited orders per month)? But, instead it will be calculated by the direct shipping consultant rate now? Hmmmmm
That's how Im reading it...I wish they would have explained that a little at launches...they had the info then.

True! It would have been nice to have heard about it at Spring Launch. They've been a bit ambiguous on this one.

Sheila said:
True! It would have been nice to have heard about it at Spring Launch. They've been a bit ambiguous on this one.

They don't like to announce much of the BAD news at conference...they don't want to get booed, just applause. ;)

LOL Can you blame them? ;)

if you look on the sample order form there is an actual box with the pricing of shipping and above it says consultant shipping rates

They never "announce" shipping increases...seems like we find that out when we order receipts and what not. I get that they don't want to announce it at conferences, etc. but I wish they'd at least be very clear about it in the Newswire or Consultant News.

MLinAZ said:
They never "announce" shipping increases...seems like we find that out when we order receipts and what not.

I get that they don't want to announce it at conferences, etc. but I wish they'd at least be very clear about it in the Newswire or Consultant News.

Actually I remember one conference where they announced both the shipping increase and the catalog price increase (when the catalog increased by several pages).

Maybe this was one item that they wanted to make sure everybody heard at once rather than through the grapevine. I just wish it wasn't so confusing to understand. I read that part but I don't think it registered in my head until I read it here.

Here is what the Newswire says:

Place Sample/Supply Orders by Feb. 29

You may have noticed that the Sample Product Order Form you received with your Spring Paperwork Package lists two sets of shipping rates — one for orders received by Feb. 29 and another for orders received on March 1 or later.

As you know, shipping and fuel costs continue to rise, which affects our shipping rates. We apologize for the late notice, but we wanted you to be aware of the upcoming change so that you can take advantage of the current rates by ordering samples in February.

The first line states Sample/Supply...while the last line says about ordering Samples in February...

I agree...this statement does not really CLEARLY state that shipping on all orders (personal too) will increase. From their statement I fully understand that shipping on SAMPLES will increase. It only implies that Supply will increase.

Hmmm...wonder if that is why the current SUPPLY order form is only good until 2/29/12??

Either way, this is not something that should be vague. They should come out with a very clear statement so we know what to expect.

I kind of wish they would just increase the shipping on our Sample, Kit Enhancement and Personal Orders and NOT the supply. The Supply order provides our paperwork to keep going. We can theroretically get by (keep our business going) without ordering additional products. But we cannot keep going without the paperwork/catalogs. JMO

Well, the current supply order form is only good until 2/29/12 because that is the end of this selling season. They always have an updated supply order form for each season. Some products remain, but there will be new paperwork/supply items available, so there's a new order form. I don't think that particular mention has anything to do with shipping going up.I'm in complete agreement that I wish they would be very clear about this change, though.

Where does it say we will be able to combine personal/supply/kit enhancement orders? That is great news, but I didn't read that anywhere.

Amanda_RI said:
Well, the current supply order form is only good until 2/29/12 because that is the end of this selling season. They always have an updated supply order form for each season. Some products remain, but there will be new paperwork/supply items available, so there's a new order form. I don't think that particular mention has anything to do with shipping going up.

I'm in complete agreement that I wish they would be very clear about this change, though.

No, actually, this IS the updated supply form. It is currently valid from 2/6/12 to 2/29/12. It DOES have the new catalogs, recipe cards and pantry items on it.

At first I thought it would be updated for the revised version of the mini-catty (containing the grill products) but now I am thinking I heard that wasn't going to be available until April. But, I am not sure about that. So, that is why I was confused about the "ending" date on the Supply form. But, now I am thinking it has to do with the shipping rate change. But, again, this is not clear.

Ah, I stand corrected!

I just called consultant career solutions to get clarification on the Supply order. She put me on hold and returned saying that they do not have anymore details other than what was in newsletter shared on the 14th and to check back on the website for updates.

Malinda Klein said:
I just called consultant career solutions to get clarification on the Supply order. She put me on hold and returned saying that they do not have anymore details other than what was in newsletter shared on the 14th and to check back on the website for updates.

Well, that's helpful isn't it?

I have to admit - I'm pretty bummed shipping is going to be so much more than before!!! Ugh...

Kristin Radunz said:
I have to admit - I'm pretty bummed shipping is going to be so much more than before!!! Ugh...

I was too at first but after looking at the price range I realized it really isn't going up that much. Small orders will still be $4.75 and the highest is $9.50 and if you spend $200+ it's less than that. If you are ordering more than $20 you are probably getting catalogs and those things are heavy. We spent tons more on shipping to Merrill and other online sources. I'd rather they did this than raise customer shipping!

I agree, Beth. I think in the long run, if we need replacement items or samples or outlet items....we're going to save $, rather than have to pay a separate shipping fee on each. In fact, I'll be more apt to REMEMBER that I need a replacement item or take a look at the outlet when I'm placing an order! ;)

They didn't say that we will be able to combine supply and sample orders. Replacement orders do not pay shipping. One other comment: I don't usually order over $100 in supplies at one time so the shipping would be close to the same as placing 2 separate orders. I'll do the math to get the best shipping like I do now with all my orders online.

Oh! This is what Amanda's initial post said, per her director "You will be able to group things together you can't now like personal orders, kit enhancement, supply orders... but the shipping will be higher depending on the amount spent." I guess I just made the assumption that samples, etc, would be included in that.

Amanda_RI said:
Oh! This is what Amanda's initial post said, per her director "You will be able to group things together you can't now like personal orders, kit enhancement, supply orders... but the shipping will be higher depending on the amount spent." I guess I just made the assumption that samples, etc, would be included in that.
I missed that and hadn't seen it before. I hope that's true! We will soon know for sure!!ETA: while I have no reason to doubt her director, there has not been an official announcement from HO about this and a lot of other info has been floating around that is not complete or even decided for sure. I advise that we all sit back and not surmise anything until we get the facts. They have our backs at HO. We haven't heard from them yet because not everything is yet in stone and partial info is worse than no info.

Last edited:
Beth - Where do you see the highest shipping rate at $9.50. I must have missed something. If that's the case, then it's not bad!

Kristin Radunz said:
Beth - Where do you see the highest shipping rate at $9.50. I must have missed something. If that's the case, then it's not bad!

I was wondering the same thing. I thought it would be like the guest direct shipping rates which become a % of the total, which on a kit enhancement could add up really fast.

Kristin Radunz said:

It's listed on the back of the sample order that came in the change over kit.

My recruiter and I usually split a pack of 100 catalogs. We probably will still, but haven't done the math on whether it's cheaper to just buy a 25 pack each.

Hmmm...I'm just about to send in an order for $65 worth of supplies and it is going to cost me 14.75 in shipping. Is that not right?

Oh....is that because I already sent in one order this month. I guess I'll wait until Thursday to send it in and get the slightly lower shipping....is that right? It will be 9.50 on Mar. 1st for the same order?

beckysuem said:
Oh....is that because I already sent in one order this month. I guess I'll wait until Thursday to send it in and get the slightly lower shipping....is that right? It will be 9.50 on Mar. 1st for the same order?

Yes that is right.

I agree that none of this was really clear....I assumed it was only for the samples that it was going up not supply orders. All I can say is they better start packing my boxes better and taping them better so they don't come with items falling out if they are going to charge me more. I've sent several e-mails to HO the last few weeks for me and hosts because the boxes are falling apart.

There is an announcement in the PC NewsWire today:
Shipping Rate Changes Take Effect March 1As you know, shipping and fuel costs continue to rise. As a result, new shipping rates for all non-commissionable orders will take effect March 1. The updated Supply Order Form will be posted to Consultant's Corner on March 1, and the Sample Product Order Form has already been updated to reflect these changes.Reminder: Take advantage of the current rates by placing product sample and supply orders by Feb. 29.

If I'm "reading" this correctly, it's a HUGE increase in shipping. An order of catalogs at $50.00 will cost $11.00 to ship??

JUst submitted my last $4.75 shipping supply order.....

Another consultant and I have been combining our orders each month and splitting shipping....now we definitely will be doing that.

I already placed one supply order this month. I will be needing more catalogs and I might as well order some other things. Is it better to order today at the 6.75 rate or wait to see waht it is tomorrow?

If you place a second order in February, you will have to pay standard shipping and handling from the chart. I think it will be more than $6.75 since it is based on the value of the order.

Keep in mind if you are splitting orders with someone that it will show up as an expense on their P3 and not yours. Make sure that you each keep track of who ordered what for your own tax purposes;

I know I saw it somewhere at some point, but didn't they list what the amounts would be for shipping? The "scale"?

Well, I just placed a fake replacement item order--under a customer's name--in P3 (since P3 updated when I opened it), and it charged $4.75 shipping for a $2.00 item. I thought the shipping charges were only going up for US?***Duh, non-commissionable is non-commissionable....doesn't matter who is ordering it. Ignore me. Although--I was under the impression that it was just for us, and come to think of it, I'm really not thrilled with having to charge direct shipping to a customer who doesn't live near me, but needs a cover for a prep bowl. :(***Although, does this mean that now customers will be able to order replacement products with regular orders? Gah, I got the email from HO, and I'm still confused. Sigh.

wadesgirl, we do keep track of it....print off the order and write what each person paid and enter it in my expense spreadsheet.

I didn't know they were going to start charging shipping for replacement parts.....it is going to charge $6.75 for a $4 item.....don't ever remember seeing that information. HO really needs to be a little more clear on this information.

Oh, that irks me about the replacement parts. I am going to email HO.

Everything I've read stated "Sample/Supply" and seeing as how "Replacement Parts" is in its own separate category, I didn't think that applied to replacement parts. I just told 3 people at my last show that replacement parts were tax only, no shipping.

The value of the entire replacement part program has just dropped considerably with this change. $1.50 with tax for a prep bowl lid is one thing - $6.50 is ridiculous.

They must have made a programming mistake!

Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules by posting this, but THIS is what the mail that I received (as a director) said:1. Shipping Rates
As you know, shipping and fuel costs continue to rise, and that affects our shipping rates for products and paperwork. To address this, we’ve had to change our shipping rate structure for non-commissionable orders.Effective March 1, non-commissionable orders will be based on a tiered rate — the more you order, the lower your overall percentage of shipping charges.We’re committed to providing all Consultants with the lowest costs possible, so the new rates will apply to everyone. This means there will no longer be separate shipping rates for Directors and Consultants, and we are eliminating the flat rate for the first order of the month.We wanted to minimize the impact of increased shipping rates on you. In the new website, we’ll have a good solution. You’ll be able to simplify and consolidate non-commissionable order types into three shopping carts:
Product Cart (Personal, Sample Products, Replacement Parts and Outlet)
Business Supply Cart (Supply, Paperwork Pre-Order, Business-Building Kit for New Consultants and Replacement Parts)
Kit Enhancement
You may experience an increase, decrease or no change to your typical shipping cost, depending upon the size of your order. The best way to lower your overall percentage of shipping charges will be to consolidate your orders as much as possible.
******Thoughts?

Why would they not send this out to everyone.....it does pertain to everyone and not just directors and above......and it would have been nice to get it before March 1st....Just my opinion.Anyhow, so it looks like we can order replacement parts for our customers and include it on our supply orders, and then deliver the part to them. But if we want to ship it directly to a customer, they are going to have to pay a lot for a little item. I guess I'll start ordering with my supply order each month and then charge them whatever it costs me to ship the item to them if they are not near me.I just really wish HO would be better at communicating things like this. Lately, their communication has been really bad!!!!! Yeah, we might not like to hear it, but I'd rather hear it from the source than all the rumors flying around.

That's great the NEW software will combine the different types of orders. Doesn't do me any good for these 3 replacement part orders in P3 where I'll have to eat almost $15 of shipping charges! Or spend gas & time delivering them!

Nowhere in those PC newswires does it say "non-commissionable". It says "Sample/Supply".

monicag said:
Why would they not send this out to everyone.....it does pertain to everyone and not just directors and above......and it would have been nice to get it before March 1st....Just my opinion.

Anyhow, so it looks like we can order replacement parts for our customers and include it on our supply orders, and then deliver the part to them. But if we want to ship it directly to a customer, they are going to have to pay a lot for a little item. I guess I'll start ordering with my supply order each month and then charge them whatever it costs me to ship the item to them if they are not near me.

I just really wish HO would be better at communicating things like this. Lately, their communication has been really bad!!!!! Yeah, we might not like to hear it, but I'd rather hear it from the source than all the rumors flying around.

ShellBeach said:
That's great the NEW software will combine the different types of orders. Doesn't do me any good for these 3 replacement part orders in P3 where I'll have to eat almost $15 of shipping charges! Or spend gas & time delivering them!

Nowhere in those PC newswires does it say "non-commissionable". It says "Sample/Supply".

Exactly!!! Geez, how hard would it have been to send the communication to EVERYONE and they certainly could have let us know back at the end of Spring Launch. They DID know about it since the Sample order form referred to increased shipping in March.

Yes, I agree, we might not LIKE what we hear, but atleast let us know the EXACT details BEFORE it occurs. It seems like we are just getting this info NOW AFTER it has gone into effect.

They need new proofreaders! The Newswire should have said "non-commissionable" if that's what they meant. "Sample/Supply" does not include KE, Personal or Replacement Part orders according to how things have been defined by HO themselves.

monicag said:
Why would they not send this out to everyone.....it does pertain to everyone and not just directors and above......and it would have been nice to get it before March 1st....Just my opinion.

Anyhow, so it looks like we can order replacement parts for our customers and include it on our supply orders, and then deliver the part to them. But if we want to ship it directly to a customer, they are going to have to pay a lot for a little item. I guess I'll start ordering with my supply order each month and then charge them whatever it costs me to ship the item to them if they are not near me.

*** Yeah, there is no way I'm driving all over the place to do that--and I live in the smallest state! Guess I'll be seeing even more of my postman! :)

I just really wish HO would be better at communicating things like this. Lately, their communication has been really bad!!!!! Yeah, we might not like to hear it, but I'd rather hear it from the source than all the rumors flying around.

I just feel like the more info we get, the more questions I have!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Becca_in_MD
  • jrb0328
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jrb0328
  • sjspchef