• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Tried Doing Cooking Classes?

In summary, Debbie offers classes on cooking that she plans to incorporate affordable tools and recipes with a changing theme. There are three recipes per class, and each participant will pay for their own food.
pcheftammy
I am intrigued by this. I would like to try this for a few months by offering a different type of class each month. I have concerns about the cost for guests. Are they charged purely for the products or do you round up to help pay for the groceries? Is shipping and tax also added in? Any help would be appreciated!

I did classes a few years ago. I charged $20 and gave them a $15 gift certificate for PC products and a discount on additional purchase. The $5 covered the food and no one complained about the cost - in fact they thought it was generous to give it back in products.

I didn't get a lot of business from it but I did get a booking and a recruit. I only did about 4 classes using different themes.

There is a director in Orlando named Melissa who does cooking classes and she does them once a month for 10 months and has 10 people attend every one of them.

I've got her notes around here somewhere. I'll try to see where I have them!!!

Here are some ideas I came up withI actually pass this flyer around all the time. I have had homeschool classes and have tried to get others involved too. So far I am getting two classes started for the Fall. Both adults and children.

Debbie :D

Attachments

• PAMPERED CHEF COOKING CLASSES.doc
    30 KB · Views: 681
Debbie - I love your flyer! Can you give us an idea of what recipes and tools your classes include? Thanks!

I'd love info on this as well. Might make a great themed birthday party for kids as well.

I'd also be interested in seeing some class outlines and recipes you teach. This is really intriguing to me and I think it would be a great way to offer more if doing a no-cooking show, and to get a diehard group of customers. I had thought of doing a kids in the kitchen show, but a mom and me cooking class might be more fun and work better.

Sure
4kids4me said:
Debbie - I love your flyer! Can you give us an idea of what recipes and tools your classes include? Thanks!

I would love to share some ideas I have. Well each class has a theme and with that theme I plan to incorporate tools and recipes that are not only inexpensive but delicious. It will also change depending on what I feel like making or what is popular. I will do three recipes per class.

Let's see the dessert class for adults I would love to make these recipes and then below it you can see what tools I would give.

Desserts

Banana Cream Supreme
Chocolate Peanut butter torte
Tuxedo Brownies

Classic Batter bowl, mini serving spatula, small spreader, and the slice n serve would be included as the products for this. With tax and shipping each person will actually pay $34 towards their products from the fee when I combine shipping. The rest is for food.

Main Dishes

Pronto Pasta Bake
Ham Florentine Wreath
Bountiful brunch pizza

Garlic press, Chef's silicone basting brush, bamboo spoon set. I will try to use all of these tools during the three recipes. I want to get them interested in making these dishes at home so that they purchase the larger items for themselves and continue to take the classes while receiving different items in each class.

These are just some ideas.

Debbie :D

1. How long are the cooking classes?

The length of the cooking classes varies based on the specific class being offered. Some classes may be 1-2 hours, while others can last up to 4 hours. The duration will be listed in the class description when you sign up.

2. Do I need any prior cooking experience to attend a class?

No prior cooking experience is necessary for our classes. Our classes are designed for all skill levels, from beginners to experienced cooks. Our trained consultants will guide you through each step of the cooking process.

3. What types of dishes are taught in the classes?

We offer a variety of cooking classes and the dishes taught will vary depending on the class. Some classes may focus on a specific type of cuisine, while others may cover a range of dishes. You can find the specific dishes being taught in the class description when you sign up.

4. Can I bring a friend or family member to the class with me?

Absolutely! Our classes are a fun and interactive experience that can be enjoyed with friends and family. Just make sure to register all attendees when signing up for the class.

5. Are there any tools or ingredients I need to bring to the class?

No, all necessary tools and ingredients will be provided for you at the class. However, if you have any dietary restrictions or preferences, please let us know when signing up so we can make accommodations for you. You are also welcome to bring your own apron and any personal cooking tools you prefer to use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RossDeb2
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
speedychef
  • randis
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
jzramom
Replies