• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Unlock Your Inner Chef: Cooking Classes to Triple Your Team!

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who has come up with the idea of hosting cooking classes at a coffee shop owned by a friend's sister. The classes will feature different recipes each month and participants will have to buy the products used in the class. The consultant hopes to use this as a way to increase her team and get leads for hosting shows. Other consultants in the group are impressed with the idea and plan to try it in their own areas. There are concerns about the availability of a kitchen at the coffee shop and the potential turnout for the classes.
randis
I stumbled onto a GREAT idea and thought I would share...I am new to this site, and figured if people liked the idea, then I would make some new friends :)

One of the doctors that calls in for elig at my full time job, her sister owns a coffee shop here in town. Well, I was talking to her and she said that her sister has a conference room that she lets people use for free as long as they buy her coffee. My first thought was GREAT! I place I can hold my meetings at!!

But then I thought of something else. Cooking classes. What if I "hosted" cooking classes? Making a different type of food each month and having the products the registration fees.

So I put together 6 months of classes and products that go along with the recipes. (I will post it later its on my work computer) Very few of the products are offered in the new consultant kit, and by teaching people how to use our products with our recipes, I figured it would help me triple my team in no time (my goal is 15 new consultants by Dec, 5 of those before conference). It would also help me get leads for hosts, because I will tell them they can "earn" their products by having cooking shows to get them for free.

Each class has products totally between 65-80 bucks, but it would be a two hour class, and you get to keep the products. I figured I could hold two classes each Saturday and that would still give me time to book a show that evening as well.

Anyway I am rambling, but thought I would share. I will post the "kit" list later, and also my projected sales if I get full classes each week.

I am also going to try and get some set up at churches too (a bit difficult for me, because I am not a church goer).

Well.......what do you think?

Sounds like you've got a plan. We sometimes hold our montly meetings at coffee shops.

:D That is brilliant!!!

I have been calling my shows classes for awhile. So why not offer the class at a cost that will make you some money. Plus, You are helping promote the shops business and getting new faces into your business!!! The potential for recruiting is huge!

Wow!

I am going coffee shop hunting today!

Last edited:
What a terrific idea...keep us posted on how things work out.

I have seen someone who does a similar idea in their home and does some called Kids in the Kitchen classes. People have to sign up in advance and she purchases items they take home. The classes are limited and she makes different recipes each time in case she has repeat kids.

It is a great idea. Keep us posted!!

Wow that is inspired!!! If I wasn't a consultant and saw this advertised I would totally take advantage of it. I am going to see if I can something like this put together in my area. My only question is does the coffee shop have a full kitchen that you will be able to take advantage of and are your "students" going to be cooking?

chefkitty said:
Wow that is inspired!!! If I wasn't a consultant and saw this advertised I would totally take advantage of it. I am going to see if I can something like this put together in my area. My only question is does the coffee shop have a full kitchen that you will be able to take advantage of and are your "students" going to be cooking?

From what I know of, it does not, i won't be sure until Saturday, however, I figured what ever we do, we can do a "take 'n bake" like Pappa Murphys....

but if they do, then we would cook it there too.

Also, as an add on, Each month we would do four recipes in each class. Each person would do a different recipe so that everyone will learn four in one week. This way it saves me money because I wont have to teach the same people with the same equipment more than once. I figured with four people per class two hours a month with four recipes....

I'm curious, how many people really need cooking classes? Or do people just sign up for these for a fun afternoon with friends kind of thing? I would just be concerned that I wouldn't get any turn out and be out a lot trying to promote it.

What an awsome idea!!!!

sillylittlechef said:
I'm curious, how many people really need cooking classes? Or do people just sign up for these for a fun afternoon with friends kind of thing? I would just be concerned that I wouldn't get any turn out and be out a lot trying to promote it.

What actually sparked this was a girl in my bio class in school. Shes like 21 years old and getting married and she keeps telling me how she cant cook... I am actually going to recruit this girl she just doesn't know it yet.

but its cheaper than the cooking classes thru ccsn and they get to keep the products too which you cant do at ccsn.

I also have a $50 budget for this. I will only put $50 into it (for copies and advertising) and that way if it flops....I am not out a ton....

randis said:
I am actually going to recruit this girl she just doesn't know it yet.

I LOVE your attitude on recruiting her! FYI, my director (NED Susan Kaufmann...although most people here know that because I'm always singing her praises!) says this exact line!

oh here is the paperwork that goes along with this...

and be nice :) its just a start

Attachments

• Brochure.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 344
  • Q.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 259
I would LOVE to try this! I can't really do it at my house, though, so this is a great idea to hold it somewhere else. I know a Stampin Up! lady and she does "stamp camp" every month at her house. You pay $15 and take away some fun creations. You use her supplies and you can order products if you want. I don't know why WE couldn't do that....

I thought about having people use my products, however, I was worried if I bought 4 pizza stones and then not making it back....then my husband would be CRAZY mad because he already thinks I have too much....ummm yea...little does he know what I hide in the cabinets!!! haha

For the past ten months I have been running a cooking club. Something I had seen before called the Pampered Dozen. Twelve people agree to spend $XX and they each get a turn at the host benifits. It has been very fun for everyone and I recruited 2 of my members to do their own club. One is doing okay the other is in trouble. I also encourage the host of the month to hold her own show BEFORE the club or at least run a book party to add to her sales.

What is "Unlock Your Inner Chef: Cooking Classes to Triple Your Team!"?

"Unlock Your Inner Chef" is a series of interactive cooking classes designed specifically for teams. It combines team building exercises with cooking instruction to help your team bond and work together more effectively.

How will this cooking class benefit my team?

This cooking class is a fun and unique way to improve teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills. The hands-on cooking experience allows team members to work together towards a common goal and learn new skills while doing so.

Are the cooking classes tailored to specific dietary needs?

Yes, we offer a variety of cooking classes that accommodate different dietary needs and preferences. Our instructors are trained to provide alternative options for common dietary restrictions such as vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free.

What is the duration of each cooking class?

The duration of each cooking class varies, but they typically last between 2-3 hours. This includes time for team building activities, cooking instruction, and enjoying the meal together as a team.

Do you provide all the necessary ingredients and equipment for the cooking class?

Yes, we provide all the necessary ingredients and equipment for the cooking class. Our team will set up everything before the class begins, and clean up afterwards, so your team can focus on learning and having fun.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• newmexgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
jillbean
  • jeninthekitchen5
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PC Angel
  • DebbieSAChef