• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pampered Chef Kid's Cooking Class

I always have at least 1 booking from the guest.In summary, the speaker is starting a Pampered Chef Kid's cooking class in their home for home schooled kids. They have 10 kids signed up so far, who will need to pay for the Kids Cookie Making set, tax, shipping, and food for the 10 classes in the first semester. They may also do a spring semester depending on the success of the class. The speaker's own children are excited about the class and there will be a raffle for a kids apron and chef's hat at the end. Other attendees suggest incorporating kids into shows and events to generate more orders and bookings. The speaker is excited about the potential for their business and plans to
DebbieSAChef
I am starting a Pampered Chef Kid's cooking class in my home this fall semester for home schooled kids. I am so excited. I have about 10 kids signed up so far.
They are each suppose to pay for the Kids Cookie Making set (siblings can share), tax, shipping, and the food for the 10 classes in the first semester.
Now depending on whether I am pregnant or not, I might do a spring semester also. Depending on how much work and success this class generates. It's every other week, in my home.
My kids are really looking forward to it!! I am so excited. I am going to raffle off a kids apron and chef's hat at the end of the class. Maybe after coming to classes and hearing how great PC products are maybe family and friends will place orders or have their kids join too.
I will keep you all posted. First class is in late August!
Debbie

Debbie--we are definitely going to have to get together after I move! I cannot wait to meet you. You are doing such wonderful things with your business!

Wow...you're brave!! Either that or I am chicken...or maybe a little bit of both ;)

That sounds like fun...let us know how it turns out.
Last summer my daughter wanted to have 'her own' PC party. So we invited her kindergarten classmates & their moms. I think we ended up with about 10 kids. I just had the moms sit back & watch; I told them about specials etc, then they watched & browsed the catalog while the kids made their own treats. They made mini dessert pizzas & mouse in the house cupcakes, both out of the Let's Eat cookbook. It was a lot of fun....not a lot of orders, but if you're doing it on a regular basis I'm sure you'll get more orders. Have fun:D

That is funny that you mentioned this I wanted to incorporate Kids in my shows as well like mother daughter shows (and sons) to cook to show that the littlest child can use out pruducts under supervision of course. I was even going to start taking my 5 year old with me to help with my shows. She it a little me loves to be in the kitchen.
Good luck please keep us posted

lacychef said:
That sounds like fun...let us know how it turns out.
Last summer my daughter wanted to have 'her own' PC party. So we invited her kindergarten classmates & their moms. I think we ended up with about 10 kids. I just had the moms sit back & watch; I told them about specials etc, then they watched & browsed the catalog while the kids made their own treats. They made mini dessert pizzas & mouse in the house cupcakes, both out of the Let's Eat cookbook. It was a lot of fun....not a lot of orders, but if you're doing it on a regular basis I'm sure you'll get more orders. Have fun:D
Love the idea with the childs class my daughter will be in Kindergarden in August and my son will be in 2nd I also have a daughter in 7th so that could be fun to invite the mothers with there children now I keep gettin more excited about this business.

My friend that is a consultant in another town does "pre-school play days" at the local park. She contacted local pre-schools and they let her send home flyers to the moms. It's a pretty small town where everybody knows everybody - anyway - after preschool on Fridays, anyone that wants to meets at the park and they make ice-cream sandwiches or sundaes. The kids get to chop away while the moms get to visit and socialize. Everyone brings lunch. She did this in the spring and always got orders and enough to count as a show - she drew one name and let this mom get the benefits - like a mystery host show. She also got some bookings! She plans to start back in the fall.

WOW ALL GREAT IDEAS! I'll have to try those!

ItalianChef said:
That is funny that you mentioned this I wanted to incorporate Kids in my shows as well like mother daughter shows (and sons) to cook to show that the littlest child can use out pruducts under supervision of course. I was even going to start taking my 5 year old with me to help with my shows. She it a little me loves to be in the kitchen.
Good luck please keep us posted

If your daughter likes to help, you aught to take her with you to some shows! Every time I bring my daughter along, the guests are so entertained; since of course the say the darndest things;) And she does help, so while she's stirring or something I can be talking about something else. Actually, my show last week, the host was disappointed I didn't bring her! There's just some days that we need to do a show to 'get away'!

Debbie,
How did you find these kidos?

What I've done...I've actually had a few of these ~ I've found just charging $25 per kid for a 90 minute class (usually 4-5 kids - I only have one oven) works best for me. Then I use the $$$ to buy products (extra mini-muffin pans, tart shapers and an extra EAD for them to use when here).... I did this twice (sent home flyers with dates I was willing to book these after school classes). I like that I get the money that I can use to buy products and get commission too. :)

Good luck! I would love to see any flyers made for these. :)

Home school group
bbauman07 said:
Debbie,
How did you find these kidos?

There are so many home school groups in my city. I actually belong to this one and go to field trips with these moms every month and park days on Fridays. I plan to post on other home school group websites. So far the idea is very successful! I have had many moms contacting me. I am looking forward to it.

Debbie

I love this idea. My daughter is starting in a preschool co-op this fall and I would love to have the parents and kids over for a "cooking day". I doubt I would get many orders, but I really just need to get my name out there.

The party I had last week was a mother-daughter party. It turned out ok..not many showed because of prior committments but the 2 girls that were there loved it! They were actually telling their moms what they wanted!

Debbie,

That is an excellent idea! I am a homeschooling mom of 8 -- we all love to cook here! And, I think I will check around at some local homeschool groups to see if there is an interest in a fall class!

Thanks for the great idea!

Beth in PA

Chef Beth- you are a mom of eight or you homeschool 8 kids all together, Either one is a feat!!

gilliandanielle -- I am the blessed mom of 8 awesome children AND I homeschool all of them! We have 4 children born to us and 4 children we adopted from Russia and Haiti -- they are all gifts from God!

Beth in PA

Homeschooling 8 kids and owning your own business!?? People like you make me smile when I think I can't handle my two kids!

Oh, it's a blast! Our kids LOVE to help with my Pampered Chef business -- I have made a point to take one child with me to every show -- the guests really seem to enjoy my son or daughter being there as my "assistant" -- of course, they wear the red kid's apron! I had one show where I brought our 9 yr. old son -- he made the 3-2-1 cake in the microwave before the show and then explained to the guests how he made it. He was too cute! One guest booked a show and actually requested that I bring Micah with me to her show!!!

Beth in PA
Blessed Mom of 8

I have a Micah too!Beth,
My son's name is Micah! He was supposed to be Jacob - until we found out that was the #1 name for boys for 2 years in a row. He just turned 2, but already loves to "hewp Mommy" pack my kit for shows (takes a little longer...)and loves to stir and taste test in the kitchen. I am looking forward to the day when he can come and help out at shows!

Debbie,

I am really interested in doing this -- do you have any flyers you've put together that you could share?

What are you charging for the class and what does that price include? I'd be interested in hearing more details!

Thanks,

Beth in PA

I would like to know what kind of kid friendly recipes you are offering!

What is the age range for Pampered Chef Kid's Cooking Class?

The age range for Pampered Chef Kid's Cooking Class is typically between 6-12 years old. However, some classes may have a slightly wider age range depending on the specific recipes and activities planned.

How long is a typical Pampered Chef Kid's Cooking Class?

A typical Pampered Chef Kid's Cooking Class usually lasts between 1-2 hours. This includes time for demonstrations, hands-on cooking activities, and clean-up.

Do I need to have any prior cooking experience to attend a Pampered Chef Kid's Cooking Class?

No prior cooking experience is required to attend a Pampered Chef Kid's Cooking Class. Our classes are designed to be fun and educational for children of all skill levels.

What types of recipes will be taught in a Pampered Chef Kid's Cooking Class?

The recipes taught in a Pampered Chef Kid's Cooking Class vary, but they are always kid-friendly and easy to follow. Some examples of recipes include mini pizzas, fruit kabobs, and homemade granola bars.

Are parents/guardians allowed to attend a Pampered Chef Kid's Cooking Class with their child?

Yes, parents/guardians are welcome to attend a Pampered Chef Kid's Cooking Class with their child. However, we do ask that they do not actively participate in the cooking activities, as our classes are designed for children to learn and have fun on their own.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• newmexgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
jillbean
  • newmexgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
newmexgirl
  • jeninthekitchen5