• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much to Charge for a Kids Cooking Class?

J
jillbean
I am new to all of this!!
I just needed to know how much you would charge for a Kids Cooking Class.
I want to offer a 1 hour class per week for 4 weeks. It would be 15-20 students ages 4-6 and 7-10. The class would include one "main dish" (ex. PB&J cut into fun shapes) and one "dessert" (ex. fruit salad) per class. The last class the students will be making enough for themselves and a parent. Of course their would be some type of juice to go along with the "meal".
At the end of the class each child will recieve the following:

A small tote (13x10 or so)with the PC logo and my web address
The Bar Board that they have worked with every week
The My Safty Cutter that they have worked with every week
A Cookbook with the recipes from the class along with a few others (I will have these printed)
A Ribbon for participation

I have tried to do some number crunching :yuck: and for the materials (food, bar board, knives, disposable aprons, baggies, napkins, plates, forks, hand sanitizer), rent (not sure about this) and all of the extras(bag, ribbon and cookbook) it looks like I will need to charge about $45 per child. Is that too much?:confused:
I didn't add in the cost for help because I am hoping to get volunteers for this! ;)

What do you think?

I charged $40 per child (w/$10 sibling credit). I did a cooking class 1 day a week for 1.5 hours for 4 weeks. The children received the kid's cookbook, bar board & safe cutter. They also received homework since it was for homeschoolers. I did it at my house. I had 8 kids ages 4-14.

stacywhitlow said:
I charged $40 per child (w/$10 sibling credit). I did a cooking class 1 day a week for 1.5 hours for 4 weeks. The children received the kid's cookbook, bar board & safe cutter. They also received homework since it was for homeschoolers. I did it at my house. I had 8 kids ages 4-14.
do you feel this was worth your time and effort? Did you see any longer term benefits as in bookings or recruit leads?

$30 per kid in classI am doing a class starting tomorrow all summer long. Once a week for 12 weeks and it lasts 90 minutes. I am charging $30 a month for four classes (no discounts on siblings) and that pretty much covers the cost of one free take home tool each month, and the food. I am doing this with a homeschool group so I take that into consideration when I am charging parents with one income households and I really enjoy it. And yes in the long run it has brought many loyal customers and hosts for my business. All these parents see me as their consultant if they ever need anything. I have had them order from me for Christmas, have shows, and give me orders from their friends and family. I have 12 kids signed up, well 14 but my two oldest don't count since they are not paying (those moochers :p ) and we are excited! I give them take home worksheets, and a folder filled with kid friendly pages about cooking. I do not have them on my computer, sorry. They were just copies I made from kid's cookbooks about measuring, kitchen lingo, etc... I have all my recipes planned out for the next 12 weeks and the kids are not required to come all three months but some are already signed up for all three months. They use my kitchen in my home and all my cool PC tools. This eventually gets parents to buy these tools for their kids. Hope this helps!
Debbie :D

This sounds like a great idea. I am a first grade teacher by day and hate that I can't do much cooking with them b/c of "safety" issues. I would love to offer something like this.
Debbie~ Could I get a copy of your recipes?
Also, do you have a flyer you send out about this?

Would you share some of your recipes?

chefmeg said:
do you feel this was worth your time and effort? Did you see any longer term benefits as in bookings or recruit leads?

Not really. I only offered it one month. However, one mom has asked if I planned to do them again. She has some others that would like to do them. I plan to this fall when school starts again.

This is a wonderful idea. I would love to get more input on what everyone is going to be doing or has done to do this. Did you hang up flyers for people to see or how did you advertise about this?
I just moved and do not know a lot of people in our area and would love to do something like this to get to know some of the kids and to get to know some of the parents in our area. My youngest will be going to pre-school in the fall and I think that this would be something great to possible do at the pre-school if the teacher would agree to it.

Thank you for the ideas.

What I am wondering is if I should make it a "Mommy and Me" cooking class.

I was wondering how did you go about promoting these ideas??

shawna_sue said:
I was wondering how did you go about promoting these ideas??

Advertise!
I left flyers door to door, at a local kid's resale shop (the owner is really nice), word of mouth, my homeschool group (you can find them in your area and promote it, also it would be great for a class during the day since their schedules are more flexible), bulletin boards at bookstores, toy stores, etc...

Debbie :D

Thank You I have a 6 year old who is getting ready to start Kindergarten and it may be a good way for her to get to know all the new kids.

1. How did you determine the cost for the kids cooking class?

The cost for the kids cooking class was determined by taking into account the cost of materials, rent (if applicable), and any additional expenses such as printing cookbooks or providing giveaways. It is important to carefully calculate these costs to ensure that the price charged covers all expenses and still allows for a reasonable profit.

2. How many students will be in each class?

The class will have a maximum of 20 students, with a minimum of 15 students. This number was chosen to ensure that each child receives individual attention and to maintain a manageable group size.

3. What age range is the class intended for?

The class is designed for children between the ages of 4-10, with a division of 15 students in the 4-6 age group and 15 students in the 7-10 age group. This ensures that activities and recipes are age-appropriate and that children are comfortable learning with their peers.

4. What will be included in each class?

Each class will include one main dish and one dessert, such as PB&J cut into fun shapes and fruit salad. The last class will involve making enough food for the child and a parent. Additionally, each child will receive a small tote with the PC logo and web address, a bar board and My Safety Cutter (used in each class), a cookbook with recipes from the class and others, and a participation ribbon.

5. Is the cost of $45 per child reasonable?

The cost of $45 per child was calculated to cover all expenses including materials, rent, and additional items such as cookbooks and giveaways. It is important to consider the value that the class provides for children and their parents, along with the cost of similar classes in the area. If needed, adjustments can be made to the cost based on feedback and demand.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• noelskitchen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
  • jeninthekitchen5
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PC Angel
Replies