1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Going to Do Children's Cooking Classes

1. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

I decided in an effort to create regular "bookings" and guarentee my December sales for free spring products to do Children's cooking classes ~ charging for tools, etc. $47 of the $50 charged would be in PC tools (added to my total). Want to see?

The first page is printed on cookie stationery, the second is attached on plain paper.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2007
    Nov 21, 2005
  2. Pampered Zoe

Pampered Zoe Member

Wow!

This is such a great idea! I am totally stealing this!;)

Seriously, what a wonderful way to get a some orders in, introduce some great products, and have fun. Way to go, Susan!

I can't wait to try this out... I recently left my job as a Program Coordinator for a preschool so I could stay home with my kids, this would definitely give me my "fun with kids" fix. :)

Thanks so much for sharing!

Nov 21, 2005
  3. plichte

plichte Member

Confused

I also think this is a great idea. I might be reading this wrong but wanted to be sure to tell you in case you need to make changes.

My costs: $40.50 (inc. shipping) + tax/$2.43 + 3.50/ship + $5 ingredient cost = $51.43

I copied that out of your file. Does the $40.60 (inc. shipping) mean that that cost includes the shipping cost? If so, you may not want to charge shipping again. Maybe that is not what it means at all, but that I how I am interpreting it. Thought you might want to know before you sent them out in case it is a mistake.

Nov 21, 2005
  4. Pampered Zoe

Pampered Zoe Member

I did the math and it does look like it was added twice...

Nov 21, 2005
  5. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

That is a great idea! I just got another idea and invite emailed to me by my cluster (at least I think that's where it came from and not here) going along the same lines, but with Apple Pies. Yummy! I would LOVE to promote this, but I'm afraid I'm running out of time. Anyway, I thought I'd share this with all of you. :)

Nov 21, 2005
  6. Questions for Becky

I think both Susan and Becky have wonderful ideas! I'll probably give them a try soon.

Becky, what recipe would you use for the pie? And which cookbooks would you give away for free?

Thanks!

Nov 21, 2005
  7. its_me_susan

You are WELCOME! Of course I don't mind if you take it and run with it. Maybe you can help come up with future flyers ~ we can work together.

Now the one thing raining on my parade here ~ the school said I needed to run this through the Board of Ed and they didn't seem too keen on it. I already printed out 50, and have the 11/26 deadline... Guess I could just preorder some, and change the dates by hand. But if I can't distribute through school I will need to mail... adding to my cost. but... I just want those spring/summer products!

Nov 21, 2005
  8. its_me_susan

oops, actually now I'm not sure ~ but you are right, hmmm should go back to the $45 I was originally going to charge. Think anyone will notice? See what happens when you do too much when you are already running ragged?

Thanks for the heads up ~ will have to cross out that part too.

Nov 21, 2005
  9. its_me_susan

Thanks! I wanted to charge $45, then forgot I added the shipping and just don't want these classes to cost me extra.

Nov 21, 2005
  10. its_me_susan

Love it! Thanks for sharing. I would LOVE to see more of these types of flyers/ideas for classes!

Nov 21, 2005
  11. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

I've actually never done this....I got the idea from someone in the cluster. So, I don't know what would work the best. The free cookbook I'd assume is a Season's Best. I don't think I'd be giving away $14.75 cookbooks! :)

12. Just found this site, and if I am not careful, I will be up all night reading posts!! Very new to PC, although I signed up a year ago, I was busy running my own 2 brick and mortar business's that PC fell by the wayside. Anyway those 2 shops are being closed down and I am going to spend some serious time with PC and am loving all these ideas. Since I do catering already, hosting a cooking class for the Apple Pie sounds perfect, just curious, (and maybe it was stated and I am just getting tired) where would these classes be held?

Again, love, love, love this site!!!
    Judy :)

Dec 30, 2005
Have something to add?