• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling Shows and Canning Shows

In summary, Wendy does a lot of grilling shows with different recipes and techniques. She promotes Chillzanne products and the US&G onion, tomato, and salad grilling set. She has never canned jellies before, but thinks it would be a fun show to do.
HJPChef
I did a search for grilling shows, but there wasn't a lot of information listed. I was wondering since we're approaching the warmer months (at least where I live) if anyone has had any successes or failures from last year. I am new and have only had a couple of shows. I'd like to incorporate men and women as well as different cooking techniques to keep things interesting. I have never grilled before and that's why I am starting now (before the season truly begins). So, anyone out there have great things to share? (Recipes, do's and don't, crafts to make the cooking show fun?)

Also, I have always thought about making my own jellies and jams and since the cookware is our big promotion, does anyone have any ideas on this. Again, I've never done this before, but I think it would be cool. Is there anyone out there who's tried this as a show? If so . . . post and let me know some recipes and things you've learned.

Thanks so much,

HS
[email protected]

Last edited:
showsThese are both great ideas! I would love some info on them as well!! I am going to do a promotion in June - 10% off grilling tools and accessories in honor of Father's Day. It would be great to do a show with a grilling theme.

Grilling shows are great!I have done a few grilling shows and they are wonderful! These are usual couple shows. What I do is have the men take care of the grilling (usually hamburgers and such). I then demo the US&G for onion, tomatoes. And I demo usually a salad recipe such as the strawberry spinach salad. I really promote the Chillzanne products and of course the grilling products at these shows!

I haven't done as many as I would like because our weather does not let us! We sometimes get snow into May and even June! So I usually save these for July and August.

I make jam & jelly a couple of times a year and I cannot *imagine* trying to demo anything while doing it. After canning jam for Christmas, I do always tell people now that the silicone glove is wonderful because you can just reach into the boiling water bath and pull out the jars.

canningHi, Wendy! I'm curious . . . I've NEVER canned jellies before (so I'm asking a silly question) why can't you demo anything during canning? I wanted to learn how to make my own jams and I was thinking I could promote the tongs, the mits, the cookware, the stones (because I could make biscuits to go with the jellies), the tools (for cutting the fruit), etc. Like I said, I've never done this before and you have. Do you have to spend a lot of time over the pot stirring? The reason I say all this is because I am hooked on just a couple of cooking shows (usually because my baby is napping during the same time everyday) and one of them had canning on them just recently. Could you do some of the prep work before-hand and then just do the final procedure for the guests? Let me know your thoughts (anyone) . . . could this work?

I just canned peaches for the first time last summer and it was an all day process. I think the only way this would work is if you had a group of ladies who wanted to spend the day canning, and from what I understand jellie takes even longer than just canning fruit. I personally would not want to try this at a show, or even spend that kind of time at a hosts house unless it was a good friend of mine.

Well, for one thing, the prep can be really messy. Also a lot of recipes call for larger measurements than what our measuring cups hold (like 7 cups of sugar) which of course is no big deal; I don't know of anything that would measure that quantity precisely, but scooping out sugar for 5 minutes doesn't make it look like Pampered Chef tools make your life easier. Canning also requires precision. The recipes say "Exactly X cups sugar," and "as soon as it starts to boil" and "full rolling boil for exactly one minute" and "cook exactly one minute." I just couldn't talk coherently through watching for a boil, setting timers, etc. So then you'd be filling 3-12 jars, screwing on the lids (oops, I forgot, you have to sterlize the lids & rings first) and processing them in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes or so. Now granted, I really do love making my own, but it tears up the kitchen and takes a bit of time. Overall, I just don't think the jam making process would be great for sales because it appeals to a relatively small group of cooks...demos work best when the audience is thinking, "Oh, YEAH, I could totally do that!" and then they're buying everything you showed.

Here's a thought I just had--if you wanted, you could offer a "cooking class" in your home and send everybody home with a pint of jam. You'd want to do it when fresh fruit was available, of course, but you could use the time between now and then to find 4 or 5 people who want to do it. Or you could make jam on your own, find a host for a Saturday brunch (PC has some great brunch recipes) and serve your jam with the biscuits, and maybe give another pint to the host as their thank you.

ThanksThanks for your input. I truly appreciate it and am glad I asked! Hey, if we have good or bad ideas, it's good to share and see what everyone thinks. I have found a tremendous amount of information on this forum and I'm glad it's here! Thanks again for all of your replies! :)

HS

1. How do I host a successful Grilling Show or Canning Show?

The key to hosting a successful Grilling Show or Canning Show is to invite plenty of guests and make sure they are aware of the event's theme. Encourage them to bring friends and family and provide them with a shopping list beforehand so they can purchase the necessary ingredients. It's also important to have a well-stocked kitchen with all the necessary tools and equipment for grilling or canning.

2. What products do I need for a Grilling Show or Canning Show?

For a Grilling Show, you will need a grill or grill pan, meat and vegetables, marinades and seasonings, and other grilling tools such as tongs and skewers. For a Canning Show, you will need canning jars, lids, and bands, a large pot for boiling, and a canning tool set. You can also use a variety of Pampered Chef products such as the Quick Cooker or Food Chopper to make the process easier.

3. Can I customize the menu for my Grilling Show or Canning Show?

Yes, you can definitely customize the menu for your show. Pampered Chef offers a variety of grilling and canning recipes that you can choose from, but you are also welcome to use your own recipes. Just make sure to have all the necessary ingredients and tools on hand.

4. What are the benefits of hosting a Grilling Show or Canning Show?

Hosting a Grilling Show or Canning Show not only allows you to showcase Pampered Chef products and recipes, but it also gives you the opportunity to earn free and discounted products. As a host, you will receive a percentage of the sales in free products and have the chance to purchase exclusive host-only items at a discounted price.

5. Can I host a Grilling Show or Canning Show online?

Yes, you can host a Grilling Show or Canning Show online through Pampered Chef's virtual party platform. This allows you to invite guests from all over and still earn the same host benefits. Simply set a date and time, invite your guests, and have them place their orders online. You can then redeem your host rewards online as well.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kelly8