• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling Asparagus: Quick Tips for Perfectly Cooked Spears

:)This is delicious! My 3 yr old LOVES asparagus made like this!I don't think you'd have to do it too long. Of course, I like my asparagus still a little crisp-tender, not mushy.Me too, me too. I love, love. love asparagus!This is my mom's famous recipeI've never tasted this recipe but my cousins RAVE about it. Between the butter and the velveeta, how could it miss. :)
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Quick! The coals have been lit - and I am planning on asparagus in the grill basket - how long should I grill it?

It will depend on the thickness of the asparagus. I do it in the oven at 400 for 12-20 minutes depending on how big it is.

Let us know how it turns out, that may be my new favorite thing.

In the oven, I put our garlic canola oil and salt and pepper on it. How are you doing yours?

wadesgirl said:
Let us know how it turns out, that may be my new favorite thing.

In the oven, I put our garlic canola oil and salt and pepper on it. How are you doing yours?
That's exactly what I am using on it!:D :chef:

I don't think you'd have to do it too long. Of course, I like my asparagus still a little crisp-tender, not mushy.

2-4 minutes on each side. Just to get a few grill marks on them. I always marinate them in Italian dressing then sprinkle Kosher salt on them after they get off the grill.

Sugar grilled asparagus, thanks to Rory Schepisi (the runner up contestant on last season's Next Food Network star).

I throw the asparagus in a large ziploc baggie with some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, little salt and a few spoonfuls of white sugar. Rub it all around and then place on the grill.

Oh, my, you all are making me hungry... And I do have some asparagus in the fridge... Wish I had a grill basket, though! :)

The asparagus turned out great! Loved it......:love:

I tossed it with a bit of garlic oil, added some fresh ground sea salt and pepper, and grilled it for about 3 minutes per side. YUM!

But Joy, that sugar grilled asparagus sounds wonderful - now I'm going to have to buy more to try it that way!:chef:

Mmmm... I honestly had never tried asparagus until about a year ago. Growing up it was always green beans or corn. I never thought I would like it and it looked weird! Well, one day it was on sale and I asked DH if he liked it. He said yes so I bought it and now I'm in LOVE! I'll buy it when ever it's on sale and even bought it in bulk at Costco and used both of my herb keepers to store it in. I almost forgot about the 2nd herb keeper 2 weeks later and the asparagus was perfect. Now I'll have to have DH make it on the grill next time!

Becky~

Glad it came out so well!

Just now when I was reading your question, I wanted to give you my answer:
Till it's done! LOL

KellyTheChef said:
Becky~

Glad it came out so well!

Just now when I was reading your question, I wanted to give you my answer:
Till it's done! LOL

:p :D :p thanks for the advice Kelly!

Here is my favorite way of making Asparagus (the recipe comes from Cooking Light magazine):

Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Browned Butter

INGREDIENTS

* 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed
* canola oil
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 tablespoon soy sauce
* 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Arrange the asparagus on a baking sheet. Toss with Canola oil, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Roast asparagus 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until tender.
4. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until just beginning to brown. Remove from heat, and stir in soy sauce and balsamic vinegar. Pour over the roasted asparagus to serve.

This is delicious! My 3 yr old LOVES asparagus made like this!

chefann said:
I don't think you'd have to do it too long. Of course, I like my asparagus still a little crisp-tender, not mushy.
Me too, me too. I love, love. love asparagus!

This is my mom's famous recipe

Scalloped Asparagus

2 cups asparagus cut up
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup shredded Velveeta cheese
1 tsp. salt
dash pepper
1-1/4 cup fine cracker crumbs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter or margarine

Mix all ingredients together, except butter, and pour into buttered pan.
Melt butter and pour over top.
Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 30 minutes.

I've never tasted this recipe but my cousins RAVE about it. Between the butter and the velveeta, how could it miss.

Related to Grilling Asparagus: Quick Tips for Perfectly Cooked Spears

1. How do I prepare asparagus for the grill?

To prepare asparagus for the grill, start by trimming off the tough ends of the stalks. You can do this by holding the asparagus spear and bending it until it breaks naturally. Then, wash the asparagus and pat it dry. Finally, coat the asparagus with a drizzle of olive oil and your choice of seasonings.

2. How long should I grill asparagus?

Asparagus typically takes about 8-10 minutes to grill, depending on the thickness of the spears. Turn the asparagus occasionally to ensure even cooking. You can also check for doneness by piercing a spear with a fork - it should be tender but still have a slight crunch.

3. Do I need to preheat the grill for asparagus?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat your grill before adding the asparagus. This helps to ensure that the asparagus cooks evenly and prevents it from sticking to the grill.

4. Can I use a grill basket for asparagus?

Yes, using a grill basket is a great way to prevent the asparagus from falling through the grill grates. Just make sure to coat the basket with oil or cooking spray before adding the asparagus to prevent sticking.

5. What are some other ways to season asparagus on the grill?

There are endless options for seasoning asparagus on the grill. Some popular options include garlic and lemon, parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs, or a simple balsamic glaze. You can also try using different herbs and spices to add flavor, such as rosemary, thyme, or cayenne pepper.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
iteachncook
Replies
Views
carlajanes