• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling Pizza Indoors: Tips and Tricks from an Experienced Jenn-Air Grill User

In summary, you can use any type of pizza crust for grilling pizza inside, whether it's store-bought or homemade. You don't need a special pan or tool, but using a pizza stone can help create a crispier crust. The cooking time varies, but generally takes about 10-15 minutes in a preheated oven at 450-500 degrees Fahrenheit. You can use any type of toppings, but make sure to thinly slice vegetables and pre-cook meat. It is not recommended to use an outdoor grill to grill pizza inside.
CGutwein
Gold Member
I have a host with a Jenn-aire grill in her kitchen and I was thinking about doing a grill pizza. Has anyone tried this. I am hesitant since it can't be closed like on an outdoor grill, but I thought I would see if someone has done this successfully!

Thanks,

Carrie G.

I doubt this would work since part of the process includes closing the lid and letting the heat circulate around to cook the top of the pizza. Can't do that with a jenn-air

My director meeting talked about making the pizza and having a grill pan and a round stone sitting there. For inside cooking, she would use the stone, but tell folks they can use the grill pan if they were doing it outside. No need to actually DO IT, just tell them how to do it. The pizza prep is almost the same.

Last edited:
Thanks for the ideas, ladies! That's what I was thinking, but wanted to get another opinion.

Carrie

I have done it on my Jenn-Aire grill. All you have to do is have a domed lid large enough to cover it. I have an electric roasting pan and I use that lid.

1. Can I use any type of pizza crust for grilling pizza inside?

Yes, you can use any type of pizza crust for grilling pizza inside, whether it's store-bought or homemade. The key is to make sure the crust is thin and can withstand high heat.

2. Do I need a special pan or tool to grill pizza inside?

No, you don't need a special pan or tool to grill pizza inside. You can use a regular oven-safe baking sheet or a cast iron skillet. However, using a pizza stone can help create a crispier crust.

3. How long does it take to grill pizza inside?

The cooking time for grilling pizza inside varies depending on the thickness of the crust and the toppings used. Generally, it takes about 10-15 minutes in a preheated oven at 450-500 degrees Fahrenheit.

4. Can I use any type of toppings for grilling pizza inside?

Yes, you can use any type of toppings for grilling pizza inside, just like you would for a regular pizza. Just make sure to thinly slice any vegetables and pre-cook any meat before adding them to the pizza.

5. Can I use my outdoor grill to grill pizza inside?

No, it is not recommended to use an outdoor grill to grill pizza inside. The high heat and direct flames can easily burn the pizza crust. Stick to using an oven or stovetop for grilling pizza inside.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erinpcmorgan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mscharf
  • Chef Stacy Edwards
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Stacy Edwards
  • monicag