• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Doing Spinach Carbonara Pizza at a Show

In summary, the recipe is easy to follow, and can be done as an interactive demo. The author recommends using less alfredo sauce, and wearing gloves if desired.
babywings76
Gold Member
I've made this recipe at home several times, and love it. Now I'm doing it at a show this Saturday and am trying to figure out how I want to do it for a show. Has anyone done this yet? Anyone have a show outline for it? On a previous thread someone shared a tip about mixing the sauce, spinach and cheese all together and I thought that sounded like it might help me (cause I usually have a hard time separating the spinach out nicely without having to resort to using my fingers...can't do that at a show) But I'm wondering about how to do this recipe as an interactive one and would love some pointers. Anyone? TIA :)

babywings76 said:
I've made this recipe at home several times, and love it. Now I'm doing it at a show this Saturday and am trying to figure out how I want to do it for a show. Has anyone done this yet? Anyone have a show outline for it? On a previous thread someone shared a tip about mixing the sauce, spinach and cheese all together and I thought that sounded like it might help me (cause I usually have a hard time separating the spinach out nicely without having to resort to using my fingers...can't do that at a show) But I'm wondering about how to do this recipe as an interactive one and would love some pointers. Anyone? TIA :)

Where did you find the recipe? I just read it in the pc wire but couldn't find the recipe.

K_Jurich said:
Where did you find the recipe? I just read it in the pc wire but couldn't find the recipe.

If you click on the word pizza that's highlighted in blue in the newswire it will take you to the sign in page and after you put your number in it goes to the recipe page with that recipe and others on it.

babywings76 said:

You could do that or just wear gloves.

The recipe is in the new Season's Best. It is awesome! I made it for a lunch hour show, but I had it made ahead of time so that they could eat while I did a mini-demo, so I can't really help with show outline, but I know they all loved it! I wouldn't really worry about using fingers to separate the spinach... we are trying to show them that anyone can do this, so most people use their fingers for some things, just either wear gloves or make a point of washing your hands in front of everyone before you do it. I would recommend that you use just a little less (definitely not extra) of the alfredo sauce. When I made it the first time I divided the jar over 2 pizzas and it was just right. The next time I made for home and ended up with a little extra and it was too much. In this case less is more. Good luck!

I actually did this one at my last show and it was a huge hit with everyone!! I second the using less alfredo sauce, I only used 1 cup and that was plenty imo. I did the demo and others were right next to me watching me demo and others were in the livingroom socializing and would come in from time to time to check out my cooking skills. Next time tho I think I will mix the spinach in with the bacon, pepper and alfredo sauce mixture. It is harder to seperate otherwise. Good luck and happy eating - that pizza is da bomb!!

This is my favorite demo right now. I keep the recipe almost exactly the way it is. My only change is to buy the bag of regular spinach (as opposed to baby spinach) because it is cheaper and also gives me the chance to show off the salad chopper to cut the spinach!

The other tip is to use the CHEF'S TONGS to remove the spinach from the bowl onto the pizza. It works like a charm and is a great $20 tool to show off!

Good luck!

bridgetbakes said:
This is my favorite demo right now. I keep the recipe almost exactly the way it is. My only change is to buy the bag of regular spinach (as opposed to baby spinach) because it is cheaper and also gives me the chance to show off the salad chopper to cut the spinach!

The other tip is to use the CHEF'S TONGS to remove the spinach from the bowl onto the pizza. It works like a charm and is a great $20 tool to show off!

Good luck!

Hmm, I wonder if maybe I squeeze the spinach too much to get rid of the water, because it's in such a mass of a clump, that even when I use the Chef's tongs, I have a hard time separating it. I'm going to practice making it again, just wondering if I can only practice one more time, if I should do it as is in the recipe or combine it all together.

The first time I made this I had to make 2 for a show (premade to take with me) and the first one just squeezed the spinach a little and "dabbed the excess" blah blah and then put it on... the second batch, I realized that there was a whole lot of excess juice involved and really squeezed, then I was concerned that I didn't get enough out on the first one and that it would be soggy. So when I arrived at the host's house I told her what I had done and that we should start off with the good one and only use the other if we have to, just in case. Well the ladies devoured all but a couple pieces and they were both awesome. Couldn't even tell the difference. The moral of this very long story is... you don't have to squeeze it so much that it is difficult to get apart. Also, if you mix it all together at the beginning it messes up the cheese order, which I have tasted it both ways and you don't miss the extra cheese step, but for a demo, I don't know. Sorry, I seem to be babbling here, I'll stop!:eek:

1. Can I use frozen spinach for the Spinach Carbonara Pizza?

Yes, you can use frozen spinach for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw and drain the spinach before using it on the pizza.

2. What type of cheese is best to use for the Spinach Carbonara Pizza?

A blend of shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese works well for this pizza. You can also use any other type of cheese that melts well and complements the other flavors.

3. Can I use pre-made pizza dough for this recipe?

Yes, you can use pre-made pizza dough to save time. Just make sure to follow the instructions for baking the dough before adding the toppings.

4. How do I make the carbonara sauce for the pizza?

The carbonara sauce is made with eggs, cream, parmesan cheese, and cooked bacon. You can find a detailed recipe for the sauce in the product guide or on the Pampered Chef website.

5. Can I add other toppings to the Spinach Carbonara Pizza?

Absolutely! Feel free to add any additional toppings that you and your guests enjoy. Some suggestions could be sliced mushrooms, diced onions, or diced bell peppers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• shorelinecef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
leslieprichett
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
kspry