• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cool Veggie Pizza: Show Outline & Tips for Hosting

In summary, someone suggested adding a few drops of red food coloring to the cream cheese mixture to make it pink, to add tools to the recipe (crincle cutters, veg peeler, egg slicer, food chopper), to include many different veggies in the recipe (julienned, chopped, grated), and to use different seasonings in the cream cheese (dill mix, Italian, Greek Rub).
RossDeb2
Gold Member
Does anyone have a show outline for the cool veggie pizza? My hostess for tomorrow evening has asked me to make it. She just loves it. t looks simple. I've never made it. Can anyone help me? Any tips? Any recipe adjustments?

I love doing this demo. There isn't anything special that you need to know though - I find it a great recipe that is straight-forward. :)

I was given a tip to add a few drops of red food coloring to the cream cheese mixture to make it pink for May (thanks Nancy ;) ).

mmmm...great idea. For the veggies, do I make them fancy with the mandoline and the crinkle cutter or are they just straight forward cuts? Is it garnished with anything? lemon zest? parsley? Can it be served right after or does it need to go in the refrigerator for a bit?

Use as many tools as you can. Crincle cut something. Use the V-shaped cutter on a bell pepper before cutting it up. Julienne something with the peeler. Chop something with the chopper. And certainly you could garnish it with some zest or an herb (another tool to use!).

When I tried it, it had not been refrigeraged, though the crust had been baked before hand and had already cooled

The beauty of this recipe is that you can change it up to use more tools (if you have them), and to include many different veggies.Julienne Peeler: carrots, zucchini, yellow squash (cut strips into 1-2" pieces)
Veg Peeler: peel carrots (duh), or use to make curls of veggies or cheese
Crinkle Cutter
Ultimate Mandoline: radishes, carrots, cucumber, cheese (grating blade), squash, zucchini, onion
Egg Slicer Plus: mushrooms
Food Chopper: onion (red onion is pretty on the pizza), celery, broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers
various knives, like the tomato knife, forged cutlery, etc.
Rotary Grater: cheese, carrots (those will turn your grater orange)You can change up the flavor by using different seasonings in the cream cheese, too: Dill Mix, Italian, Greek Rub (really good with cucumbers, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts), or even dry ranch dressing mix.

chefann said:
The beauty of this recipe is that you can change it up to use more tools (if you have them), and to include many different veggies.

Julienne Peeler: carrots, zucchini, yellow squash (cut strips into 1-2" pieces)
Veg Peeler: peel carrots (duh), or use to make curls of veggies or cheese
Crinkle Cutter
Ultimate Mandoline: radishes, carrots, cucumber, cheese (grating blade), squash, zucchini, onion
Egg Slicer Plus: mushrooms
Food Chopper: onion (red onion is pretty on the pizza), celery, broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers
various knives, like the tomato knife, forged cutlery, etc.
Rotary Grater: cheese, carrots (those will turn your grater orange)

You can change up the flavor by using different seasonings in the cream cheese, too: Dill Mix, Italian, Greek Rub (really good with cucumbers, roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts), or even dry ranch dressing mix.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Cool Veggie Pizza?

To make Cool Veggie Pizza, you will need the following ingredients:

• 1 package of refrigerated crescent roll dough
  • 1 package of cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup of ranch dressing
  • 1/4 cup of mayonnaise
  • 1/2 cup of finely chopped assorted vegetables (such as bell peppers, carrots, broccoli, etc.)
  • 1/4 cup of shredded cheese
  • Optional toppings: sliced olives, diced tomatoes, etc.

2. How do I prepare the crescent roll dough for the Cool Veggie Pizza?

Preheat your oven to 375°F. Unroll the crescent roll dough onto a baking sheet and press it into a 13x9 inch rectangle. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until the crust turns golden brown. Let it cool completely before adding the toppings.

3. Can I make Cool Veggie Pizza ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Cool Veggie Pizza a few hours in advance. After baking the crust, let it cool completely and store it in an airtight container. Prepare the cream cheese mixture and chop the vegetables, but do not assemble the pizza until right before serving.

4. Can I use different vegetables for the Cool Veggie Pizza?

Absolutely! You can use any vegetables that you like or have on hand. Just make sure to finely chop them so they are easy to eat on the pizza.

5. How many servings does the Cool Veggie Pizza recipe make?

This recipe makes 12 servings, but you can easily adjust the quantities to make more or less depending on your needs. It's a great option for a party or potluck, as it can easily be doubled or tripled to feed a larger crowd.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ckeeling
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sk8rgrrl99
  • bridgetbakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
CookingwithMary
  • chefsteph07