• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilling Tips: Perfect Your BBQ Game

In summary, to prevent meat from sticking to the grill, clean and oil the grates and brush oil onto the meat before cooking. To get classic grill marks, clean and oil the grates, place the meat at a 45-degree angle and rotate after a few minutes. To determine when the meat is done, use a meat thermometer and refer to a temperature guide. For marinating, use an airtight container or plastic bag and let it sit for at least 30 minutes. To prevent vegetables from falling through the grates, use a grill basket or skewers, cut into larger pieces, brush with oil, or use aluminum foil on the grill.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
Grilling Tips:

* Always preheat the gas grill for a good 10 minutes or with charcoal
allow 20 to 30 minutes for it to turn to a light gray ash.

* Keep the grill vents open. This lets oxygen in which fuels the
flame.

* Keep your grill clean. Scrub grill grates with a wire brush or
spatula before and after cooking. Oil the grill grates so food
doesn't stick.

* Season the food with dry rubs before cooking.

* Turn items only once (halfway through cooking time) and test with
an instant-read thermometer.

* Keep grill cover closed for even cooking. Resist the urge to peek.

Thanks. I'll share that with my DH.

You know the Caasual Cooking Cookbook also has a section about tips for grilling & instructions. It has a neat hand trick for telling if the heat is Med-Hig or Med-Low ect.

1. How do I prevent my meat from sticking to the grill?

To prevent meat from sticking to the grill, make sure to clean and oil the grates before cooking. You can also brush oil directly onto the meat before placing it on the grill. Additionally, avoid moving the meat too early, as it will naturally release from the grill once it has cooked for a few minutes.

2. What is the best way to get those classic grill marks on my meat?

The key to getting those perfect grill marks is to make sure your grill grates are clean and well-oiled. Place your meat on the grill at a 45-degree angle and let it cook for a few minutes before rotating it 90 degrees. This will create those classic crosshatch grill marks.

3. How can I tell when my meat is done cooking on the grill?

The best way to tell if your meat is done cooking is to use a meat thermometer. Different types of meat will have different internal temperature requirements to be fully cooked. For example, chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165°F, while steak should reach around 145°F for medium-rare. Refer to a temperature guide for specific meat recommendations.

4. What is the best way to marinate meat for grilling?

The best way to marinate meat is to use an airtight container or plastic bag. Make sure the meat is completely covered in the marinade and let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to a few hours before grilling. You can also use a meat tenderizer to help the marinade penetrate deeper into the meat.

5. How do I prevent my vegetables from falling through the grill grates?

To prevent vegetables from falling through the grill grates, you can use a grill basket or skewers. Make sure to cut the vegetables into larger pieces and use skewers for smaller ones. You can also brush the vegetables with oil to help prevent sticking. Another option is to use a sheet of aluminum foil on the grill to cook the vegetables on.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
dkitten13
  • ChefPaulaB