• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is beer the secret ingredient in your favorite cooking recipes?

In summary, Beer Butted Chicken is a great way to enjoy a whole chicken over indirect heat. The rub if choice, makes a HUGE difference in taste.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
I love to cook with beer. Sometimes, I even put it in the food. How about you?

There's just nuthin' like grilled bratwurst that's been boiled in beer.

In fact, I think it's the law around here that you must serve brats at a tailgate party. Get some charcoal going on the grill.

While it's getting up to temp, grab a six pack of beer. Pour two cans of beer into a Dutch oven (I usually use my 4 qt. Exec casserole for five brats) add a sliced onion and bring to a rolling boil. Add brats, make sure there's enough liquid to cover the brats. (I usually just use a couple of cans of beer and dilute it with water - the flavor is the thing - and I just drink the rest of it.) Return to boiling, then reduce heat. Simmer the brats while the charcoal comes up to temp.

After about 15 minutes, remove the brats and place the grill, turning until they're browned.

They're ready to serve at that point, but if your guests aren't ready, just heat the beer on low and keep the brats in the beer at low temp.

Of course, if you've polished off the rest of the six pack in the mean time, you won't really care if you have any guests or not.

(Oh, stop it. It's just a parody thread, but at least it's a tasty one!)

How much goes into the chili and how much goes into the chef?It's a critical ratio.

I married one of the few marines on the planet who doesn't like beer. I once tried a Martha Stewart recipe for Beer Braised Pork Butt. Big mistake. My house smelled like a brewery for 2 days. The meat was inedible. (I like beer, but till found it inedible.)

raebates said:
(I like beer, but till found it inedible.)

That's where you went wrong. You're supposed to drink beer.

Point taken.

This is pretty good. Though, it really isn't "cooking".

Beer Cheese Dip

Ingredients:
1 package (3-ounce size) cream cheese -- softened
1 package (8-ounce size) sharp Cheddar cheese -- shredded
1 clove garlic -- minced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/4 cup beer

Directions:
Beat cheeses at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add garlic and next 3 ingredients; beat well.
Gradually add beer, beating until blended. Chill 1 hour. Serve with crusty bread or crackers.

bumping b/c I hope there are more ideas.. My family are big 'beer' cookers..

We love Beer Butted Chicken..

whole chicken
can of beer or pop
poultry rub

Directions:
Rub outside of a whole chicken with a prepared rub of your choice. Set chicken on the can of beer (hence Beer Butted Chicken) and place over indirect heat on the grill. Be careful...it tips easily. On the side with heat, place a metal breadpan full of water. Make sure the chicken is on the side without heat or it will burn. Put the lid down and let it cook for about an hour or until a meat thermometer registers around 185 degrees. Take it off the grill and enjoy!

The rub if choice, makes a HUGE difference in taste. So try different rubs to get completely different meals. We LOVE our Smoky BBQ rub!!

kam said:
This is pretty good. Though, it really isn't "cooking".

Beer Cheese Dip

Ingredients:
1 package (3-ounce size) cream cheese -- softened
1 package (8-ounce size) sharp Cheddar cheese -- shredded
1 clove garlic -- minced
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
1/4 cup beer

Directions:
Beat cheeses at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add garlic and next 3 ingredients; beat well.
Gradually add beer, beating until blended. Chill 1 hour. Serve with crusty bread or crackers.

This makes a great Fondue as well :)

Tonight I'm trying beer butted chicken w/ Bud Light Lime & our Jamaican Jerk Seasoning. My mouth is watering, so I am hoping for a good outcome!!
&& of course beer bread!

This isn't really "cooking" either or fancy but I always rinse out my sauce jars with beer and then dump it in the pot. It does add a lot - when I don't do it the sauce isn't as yummy!

Kinda gives new meaning to getting sauced.

I love that line! I'll have to use that...! :)

1. What is the best type of beer to use in cooking recipes?

The best type of beer to use in cooking recipes is one that complements the flavors of the dish. For savory dishes, a dark and malty beer like a stout or porter works well. For lighter dishes, a pale ale or wheat beer can add a subtle hoppy flavor. Ultimately, it depends on personal preference and the specific recipe.

2. Can I substitute beer with non-alcoholic options in cooking recipes?

Yes, you can substitute beer with non-alcoholic options in cooking recipes. You can use non-alcoholic beer, chicken or vegetable broth, or apple cider as substitutes. Keep in mind that the flavor may be slightly different, so adjust the amount according to your taste.

3. Are there any specific cooking techniques for using beer in recipes?

Yes, there are a few techniques for using beer in recipes. One is to reduce the beer in a saucepan before adding it to the dish to intensify the flavors. Another is to marinate meat in beer before cooking to tenderize and add flavor. You can also use beer in a slow cooker for a more subtle flavor.

4. Can I use any type of beer for cooking recipes?

While you can use any type of beer for cooking recipes, some may work better than others depending on the dish. For example, a Belgian-style beer may not be the best choice for a hearty beef stew. It's best to stick to the recommended types of beer in the recipe or do some research on which beers pair well with the ingredients in the dish.

5. Can I use expired beer in cooking recipes?

Typically, it's not recommended to use expired beer in cooking recipes. The flavors and quality may be compromised, which can affect the overall taste of the dish. It's best to use fresh, good-quality beer for the best results in your cooking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • scottcooks
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies