• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco

In summary, Susan said she wanted this recipe, and didn't tell the baker in advance which one. The baker decided to do a show without practicing first. The baker asked for tips. The baker said that if the baker were to... practice a little bit before the show.
ChefPaulaB
Okay, I have a host that has avoided me up til just now, her show is tomorrow, my problem is, I had given her a choice of 3 of the new recipes, assuming that she would let me know ahead of time which she wanted so that I could practice... NOT! She just emailed me to say she wants this one, and wants to know if I'll bring the wine because she doesn't know how expensive it'll be. I had pretty much decided that I wasn't even doing a show tomorrow night because I couldn't reach her, now I have to do an untried recipe, and I can't practice tonight or tomorrow because of previous committments. Is this something that you would try at a show without practicing first? And can anyone give me any tips or helpful hints. I haven't even had a kitchen show since November... I was planning on practicing a lot! I am a little freaked out right now! Please help!

I haven't made this recipe but I can relate to feeling nervous after a gap in shows. Close your eyes and go through the motions of the show & recipe in your mind. This helps me not to forget important tools/steps. Remember we are pampered, not perfect and Good Luck!

it is a very nice recipe...here are my tips:

Use about 75% of the liquid
After the first 10 mins in the DCB, take the lid off, stir, and leave the lid off for the rest of the time.

Otherwise, it's way too liquidy and the parm cheese will get lost.

Good luck!

I tried the recipe as is and it was great.... extra few minutes to make sure all the liquid was absobed but it was just great.. Use extra permasan when serving.... No need to practice!!!

I love this recipe!! It is very show worthy, and easy, so don't panic!! Susan mentioned reducing the liquid, I use the correct liquid, but I add the entire box of pasta. The recipe calls for three cups and the box holds about 3.5ish cups. The extra pasta absorbs the extra liquid and you have extra food!! Good luck!

thank you all for the posts! I feel a little better! I'll try to read through the recipe a few times... augggh!

I'd tell everyone it's your first time doing it! Let them help you by at least reading through the steps for you as you do them, or by actually making it interactive and helping with it.

When they see how easy it comes together - even when it's the first time - it will make the DCB look even better, and it will also make your job look easy!

How are you guys making the chicken if you have done this at a show? Do you use the grill pan? I thought about making it in the DCB and then taking it out to cool for a bit, while doing the rest of the recipe, since the chicken is added at the end anyway. I have only made this at home twice, but both times I've made the whole thing in the DCB.

I haven't done it for a show, so I'm not 100% sure on the timing, but the first time I made this I cooked the chicken in the grill pan. I made sure the chicken breasts were filleted so they didn't take forever to cook. I would just get them started on the grill pan and then I went ahead and worked on the recipe, checking back on the chicken every now and then. Everything turned out perfect! The second time I made it, I seasoned the chicken with our Italian Seasoning and that was really good! I like to have the block of parm sitting with the microplane adj. grater so that people can put some on top of their own servings according to their tastes.As far as liquid goes, I used chicken broth as a sub. for the wine. The 3 times I have made this, I followed the recipe exactly and didn't fell that it was runny. There was a little liquid, but it didn't seem odd. By the time I tossed in the cut up chicken and sprinkled parmesan on top and stirred it around, it just seemed perfect. I don't like to eat dry pasta, so I like it having the little liquid to keep it nice. (and I mean it was just a little liquid) HTH! :)

I made this last night and mine had quite a bit of liquid. You can add less liquid or more pasta. It also soaks up a little more liquid as it sits.If I were to do this at a show, I would use the Grill Pan for the chicken while the pasta is cooking (takes 16-18 mins).Other than that, this is not a very hard recipe at all!

DebbieJ said:
I made this last night and mine had quite a bit of liquid. You can add less liquid or more pasta. It also soaks up a little more liquid as it sits.

If I were to do this at a show, I would use the Grill Pan for the chicken while the pasta is cooking (takes 16-18 mins).

Other than that, this is not a very hard recipe at all!

We made it at a cluster meeting (the other group made it) and I noticed that they grilled the chicken in the grill pan while the pasta was cooking.

If you have the time and the grill pan, definitely grill the chicken at the show. If not, just have the host buy a rotisserie chicken.

I don't have the grill pan, I told her to have the chicken already cooked and I would chop it... but I kind of like the idea of the Rotisserie Chicken... will have to mention that to her... I didn't read through the recipe so I thought the chicken had to go in at the beginning, but since it doesn't, that changes things, but I still don't have the grill pan.... I have the Executive cookware 7 pc set and the 12" skillet....

I would have her have cooked chicken (rotisserie or other) ready. I feel that my shows go better when the demo is as short as possible. This is a great recipe, hope you enjoy it!

I've done new recipes at shows before. I just did the Mexican Chicken Lasagna last Sunday:)! I always tell the guests, "This is my first time making this recipe." "Pampered Chef tools make it so easy to make a recipe anyone can do it." I also say, "This host picked this recipe and I didn't have time to try it out."

I did have an advantage of watching the video of the Lasagna before the show though.

You will do great! It is a really good reason to have someone read the recipe to you as well. Good Luck and let us know your tips after you make it since I'm making this at a show in 2 weeks:)!

Would you serve this right from the DCB or would you put it in a serving bowl, Dots or SA Square?

I have made this recipe quite a few times because my husband loves it and just took some to my bank to "pamper" LOL But I don't have the grill pan so I use Perdue Short Cuts when they are on sale it's an awesome buy LOL And it's 2 cups per big package so it works out perfect LOL They have several different flavors, I use the Italian Style Grilled Chicken.

ChefPaulaB said:
Would you serve this right from the DCB or would you put it in a serving bowl, Dots or SA Square?

I think either way would be fine. But I would just keep it in the DCB. The baker is glazed and I think it looks nice, plus it'll keep the food warm, and then one less dish to wash!

babywings76 said:
I think either way would be fine. But I would just keep it in the DCB. The baker is glazed and I think it looks nice, plus it'll keep the food warm, and then one less dish to wash!

Oh so true! Thank you! That's kind of what I was thinking, to show that it goes right to the table...

I serve it right from the Baker.

I serve it right from the baker. I don't add any chicken for the shows. Just the pasta and its delicious and simple! Just add plenty of fresh grated cheese with the microplane grater and basil when it comes out of the microwave...

When I've made this for a show and at home I cook the chicken in the DCB in the microwave. I season it with Italian Seasoning and put a little garlic infused canola oil in it. I cook an extra chicken breast and slice it to pass around so people can see how good the chicken comes out. A lot of guests are amazed at how good it is and that it came from the microwave too.
I don't have the grill pan but I like the idea of doing the whole recipe in the DCB because it's quick, easy and less cleanup in the end! Oh and I agree about putting the whole box of pasta in so it isn't so liquidy too!

emo812 said:
When I've made this for a show and at home I cook the chicken in the DCB in the microwave. I season it with Italian Seasoning and put a little garlic infused canola oil in it. I cook an extra chicken breast and slice it to pass around so people can see how good the chicken comes out. A lot of guests are amazed at how good it is and that it came from the microwave too.
I don't have the grill pan but I like the idea of doing the whole recipe in the DCB because it's quick, easy and less cleanup in the end! Oh and I agree about putting the whole box of pasta in so it isn't so liquidy too!

Thank you for this post!

I love this recipe but every time I make it I feel like it is missing something...I felt like it just needed that little extra.....something....but I could never figure it out. I added extra garlic, cheese, tried a different wine, different types of pasta (because I always use whole wheat), etc.

I think that cooking the breasts like that will add just that little punch of flavor but not take away from the dish itself.

Thanks, again!

Sometimes I like to season the chicken with Adobo seasoning when I make it at home. I've never done it at a show because I thought that it was a no-no to use non Pampered Chef seasonings.

I also do the chicken in the DCB because I don't think that a lot of people have the grill pan and it seems like it would take more work to make the recipe. Doing the chicken in the DCB is just as healthy as grilling it!

This is my FAV show recipe right now! I have done it for the whole month of March and April and have sold LOTS of DCB's! If they don't buy it at the show they are booking to get it...i use the short cuts chicken too, just quicker and serve from the baker...i tell you can cook & serve all in the same dish and it makes clean up a breeze! What a great weeknight dinner for the family!

Done this recipe alot and everyone loves it. I also serve it from the baker.

I've done this several times as well. I either serve it from the baker or sometimes transfer to the large dots bowl. Trying to sell more Dots items and get them working towards getting the set 1/2 off and the dcb1/2 off.

how long do you cook the chicken in the DCB? Do you cut the chicken before hand so it takes less time to cook and are you using chicken tenders, filets, or whole boneless chicken breasts? I think the whole boneless chicken breasts are really thick and whenever I use them at home I always end up cutting them in half length wise before cooking.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco?

To make Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco, you will need:

• 1 pound penne pasta
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 1 red pepper, diced
  • 1 yellow pepper, diced
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
  • Salt and pepper to taste

2. Can I use a grill pan instead of an outdoor grill?

Yes, you can use a grill pan to make Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco. Simply heat the grill pan over medium-high heat and grill the chicken for 6-8 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. You can also grill the peppers and tomatoes on the grill pan for added flavor.

3. How do I know when the chicken is fully cooked?

The best way to ensure the chicken is fully cooked is to use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Alternatively, you can cut into the thickest part of the chicken to check if it is white and no longer pink in the middle.

4. Can I substitute the chicken with another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with another protein such as shrimp or tofu. Make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly. You can also make this dish vegetarian by omitting the chicken and adding more vegetables instead.

5. Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco ahead of time. Cook the pasta and chicken separately, then store them in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, simply reheat the chicken and vegetables in a pan and toss with the cooked pasta. You can also make the entire dish ahead of time and reheat it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15-20 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • erinhoward
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
meea
  • babywings76