• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco

In summary, to make Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco, you will need penne pasta, boneless chicken breast, cherry tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, and optional grilled vegetables. You can use a grill pan instead of an outdoor grill and make the dish vegetarian by omitting the chicken and adding grilled vegetables. You can make this dish ahead of time and make it healthier by using whole wheat pasta, reducing oil and cheese, and grilling the chicken.
sunset424
I have a host that wants to do this for her party this Friday but doesn't want to use the wine...any suggestions on what I could use in place of the wine.

THANKS!

You can just sub more chicken broth...but mine was a little too watery. So, the second time I made it, I didn't add any add'l chicken broth to make up for it, and it was fine.

Actually, I think the cans were 14 oz and I might have just used the two cans (28-oz total) and that's it.

Yes, chicken broth always works for white wine....beef broth for red wine.

The cook's tips at the bottom of the recipe say you can add more chicken broth in place of the wine.

I don't use wine either, and have always just substituted w/ chicken broth with great results. :)

1. What ingredients do I need to make Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco?

To make Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco, you will need:
- 1 pound of penne pasta
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated parmesan cheese for topping (optional)
- Grilled vegetables (optional)

2. Can I use a grill pan instead of an outdoor grill?

Yes, you can use a grill pan instead of an outdoor grill to cook the chicken for this dish. Simply heat the grill pan over medium-high heat and cook the chicken for 6-7 minutes on each side, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.

3. How do I make this dish vegetarian?

To make this dish vegetarian, you can omit the chicken and add grilled vegetables such as zucchini, bell peppers, and onions. You can also substitute the chicken broth with vegetable broth for added flavor.

4. Can I make this dish ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this dish ahead of time by cooking the pasta and chicken, and preparing the sauce separately. Store them in separate airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. When ready to serve, reheat the pasta and chicken in a pan and add the sauce.

5. How can I make this dish healthier?

To make this dish healthier, you can use whole wheat or gluten-free pasta, reduce the amount of oil used, and add more vegetables such as spinach or broccoli. You can also use low-sodium chicken broth and reduce the amount of cheese used for topping. You can also choose to grill the chicken instead of pan-frying it to reduce the amount of added oil.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Debbie.A.NOC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Fluffy215
  • erinhoward