• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco

In summary, this recipe was delicious and easy to make. Some people found it to be runny, but others thought it was perfect. Let's post our results & reviews...hehe
Brenda K.
Gold Member
Hi everyone, I am making this at my show on Tuesday so I tried it tonight, except I used more broth because I didn't have wine. It was DELICIOUS! My only problem it was runny. Has anyone else made it, should I decrease the amount of broth? What do you think? I am a recipe follower and can not think how to revamp the recipe. THANK YOU! Brenda

This was SO YUMMY!!!! Mine turned out just fine and I did use the cooking wine from the grocery store (not like wine from the liquor stores...here in NY state, they do not sell wine in the grocery stores).

You might want to cook it a little longer and if the penne is done, possibly leave the lid off to evaporate the liquid.

I made it last week and didn't use fresh basil, but instead used our rosemary seasoning..I used the exact amount of broth and wine it called for, but I used a 1 lb box of the pasta (which measures out to be about 4 cups of pasta instead of 3..which helped absorb the extra liquid...it was perfect..I made it twice since (once was friday nite at my show...they loved it) It was perfect....
karlene

LOVE THIS. I read the reviews and had to go home and try it last night. My 1 year old could not shove enough in her mouth and even Husband raved. I used exact amounts of broth and wine. and sub. the basil in a jar for freash (i did not have time to go get it and live 45 min from town) I also used a full box of pasta. turned out amazing

We made this at our cluster meeting last night. Delish!!!! Myself, I am going to add black olives and artichokes to mine when I make it at home this weekend. Maybe some capers, too.

YUM, it sounds like the one from last season with the boiling the pasta in broth recipe!?!

We had this at our cluster meeting also and it was delicious. I'm going to make this tonight and see how it goes. A lot of people have said that it is runny. My director said that once you add in the chicken and the other ingredients it soaks in pretty well. She also had the host get a loaf of french bread and used the bread knife to cut and dip in the remaining juices.

I made this for dinner tonight and it is to die for :) And so darned easy :) I used whole grain pasta. I did find it runny and probably will use about half cup less broth next time. It did "soak" up after a while but to eat hot it was runny. Not real bad but a little. My husband, who has got to be the pickiest eater, loved it too :) He is more of a meat and potato person so for him to really like this is a definite plus :) Really easy and short for parties also :)

You guys are an inspiration- I'm trying it tomorrow night!

I was worried mine would be runny too. It turned out ok and I noticed it was after I added the Parmesan Cheese. The only thing I did differently was to use the microplane to grate the cheese since my Rotary Grater was dirty. This gave the cheese a lot of surface area; maybe it helped to soak up the broth. The consistency of the liquid was almost like a gravy.
For what its worth, give it a try!

I tried this last week and I too used the full box of pasta. I love a cream sauce so I also added about a quarter cup of heavy cream and it was absolutely to die for. My family devoured it and said it tasted like something you would order in a nice restaurant! I am making it at a show this Saturday too and I know it will be great!

I am making this today! I can't wait...lol

BettieC said:
I am making this today! I can't wait...lol

Me too! My husband is anxious when it comes to me making a new recipe. He read this one and said, "You must make it and soon! My mouth is watering!"

DessertDivaFL said:
Me too! My husband is anxious when it comes to me making a new recipe. He read this one and said, "You must make it and soon! My mouth is watering!"

Let's post our results & reviews...hehe

Anyone know how many WW points a serving of this would count for? I have a host who wants a WW friendly meal. If you're on WW would you eat this? Thanks for any help.

I made this the other night and it was not runny at all. I used Barilla Penne Pasta instead fo the mezze penne. It was delicious!

This sounds delish and easy. I need to get some tomatoes and then I can make it. I have the worlds pickiest husband, hopefully he'll like it.

Ann, that is an unbelievable amount of work. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.
It gives me a quick at a glance directory of all of our recipes. I have been wishing that
PC would come out with a cross reference directory of which cookbook all our various recipes are. This is as close as I could ever hope.

I didn't do the whole thing. I got the beginnings of it a few years back from someone, and I just update it. I also split it into the 2 documents, since it's way too unwieldy with everything in one document.

chefann said:
I didn't do the whole thing. I got the beginnings of it a few years back from someone, and I just update it. I also split it into the 2 documents, since it's way too unwieldy with everything in one document.

You are too modest, Ann!

I made this a week or so ago. I thought it was really good, but my husband wasn't impressed. He is very, very picky though.

Valerie
Consultant

QUESTION- Actually need opinion

I have made this as per the recipe and loved it...

Now I wanna see if I can tweek it for my demo

I was thinking to use bonless skinless chicken thighs, seaons them up and cook them in the baker. When done remove & use the gravy separator to get some broth, and use canned for the rest.

Then chop chicken w/ salad choppers

What are your thoughts or has anyone done this

nancy

I said yesterday that I was going to make this for dinner. Well...I didn't realize I didn't have enough chicken broth so I didn't make it. Bummer!

nancycookspc said:
QUESTION- Actually need opinion

I have made this as per the recipe and loved it...

Now I wanna see if I can tweek it for my demo

I was thinking to use bonless skinless chicken thighs, seaons them up and cook them in the baker. When done remove & use the gravy separator to get some broth, and use canned for the rest.

Then chop chicken w/ salad choppers

What are your thoughts or has anyone done this

nancy

Nancy - I think that sounds like a great idea! If you have broth from the chicken, that's even better, and more cost effective, than using canned broth!

I think I may try it this way too - thanks for the idea.:thumbup:

I did make it, and it was awesome!!

I used 32 oz of broth and no wine
and a whole box of pasta.

YUMMY!!!!

Next time I will add black olives and more garlic

I've wondered if anyone has tried this using a can of diced tomatoes in place of the grape tomatoes?

Grape tomatoes are pricey here during the winter, and I'm thinking canned would work just as well - has anyone else tried this?

My BF is a chef and he said yes you can or even whole canned tomatoes and squash them with the M&C like we did with the grape tomatoes.....you can even use roma tomatoes. We were talking about this last night

ok-
So here is my summary-

I will use chicken thighs cooked in baker & use the gravy separator

I will also use canned whole plum tomatoes drained and squashed w/ mix chop in place of grape ones. Then you can use the can opner in the demo along w/ the can strainer :)

Using both will certainly bring down the cost of the recipe by a few bucks :)

thanks for the idea of canned tomatoe idea

Wow these are great tips. I made this last night for dinner before even seeing this thread. I just happened to grab my SB from CO kit and thought hey that looks good and I might even like it(i'm extremely picky). I thought it was great though a little runny but it definitely does get less as it sits. I had it for lunch at work today. My husband didn't have any last night but did bring some for lunch today so I'll see what he thought later. I like the idea of making chicken in baker especially since I don't have grill pan and just used my formen grill instead. I love the idea of canned tomatoes wish i'd seen that before I went grocery shoping as I wouldn't have had to purchase tomates as I almost always seem to have canned!!!:)

What is the recipe for Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco?

The recipe for Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco is as follows:

• 8 oz uncooked penne pasta
  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 tsp dried basil
  • 1 tsp dried thyme
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Can I make Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco without wine?

Yes, you can substitute chicken broth for the white wine in this recipe.

How do I prevent the dish from becoming too runny?

If you find the dish to be too runny, you can decrease the amount of broth used. Start with 1/8 cup and add more as needed to reach your desired consistency.

What can I serve with Grilled Chicken Penne Al Fresco?

This dish pairs well with a side salad or garlic bread. You can also add some grilled vegetables, such as zucchini or bell peppers, to the dish for added flavor and nutrition.

Can I use fresh herbs instead of dried?

Yes, you can use fresh herbs in this recipe instead of dried. Keep in mind that the flavor may be slightly different, so you may need to adjust the amounts used to your taste.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Loveh20mi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Amyskitchen2
  • Debbie.A.NOC