• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Score Cheap Mega Bus Tickets for Your Summer Conference!

In summary, Megabus opened up a new route to the middle of July that will go to Chicago. Tickets can be found for $10.50. Amtrak can also be used, but it will cost more.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Getting set for Conference this summer!! Mega Bus opened up the route to the middle of July! Got four tickets for $12.50! Just need to get my team members to go with me now!

Got my tickets yesterday as well for $10.50!!!! As did my director and 2 other consultants from our team!!

I just checked out the Mega Bus website and I can find a starting point, but I don't see Chicago as a destination...

We have done Mega Bus the past two years and last year was a trip from #$%* on the way home (bus very late and no A/C). We are going to try the train this year. It is smart you got your tickets now because as the time nears the price increases.

I just checked American, SW & Amtrak. American is $411 from Austin; SW is $448 & Amtrak from Temple is a mere $244 - but includes 2 full days of travel. So looks like SW is out - unless they have a really great fare sale. It might be cheaper to drive! (sigh)

babywings76 said:
I just checked out the Mega Bus website and I can find a starting point, but I don't see Chicago as a destination...

Some trips only have certain final destinations. Ours will only go to Iowa City and Chicago. The route from where you are probably doesn't have a route to Chicago.

Okay, so Megabus doesn't work for any of my available beginning points. But I looked up Amtrak and I can get tickets for $106 from Lancaster to Chicago. I'd leave the afternoon of the 6th and arrive in Chicago at 8:45 am. Logistically, does that mesh with the agenda of Conference? So do you sleep on these trains somewhere or just sit on a seat the whole time?

Unless you're a Director, getting there July 7 at 8:45 a.m. is good. You could do a sleeping car, but why waste the money. I did Amtrak in 2000 and it's a little over 24 hours from Austin and I just booked a Coach seat. It was on the upper level so I could really enjoy the passing scenery and it was VERY comfortable for sleeping. The seats recline and have a foot rest and there were not many people on my car, so I had 2 seats to myself. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip. It was my first train ride and I loved the dining car, but there was also a snack car where you could get coffee and snacks. I would definitely recommend the train if time is not an issue. Great fun.

There are some girls from my cluster who were talking about driving. I so wish that I could go. I can't get off of work. I called off sick for Spring Launch..but can't do that many days.

Pat, I think I was on that Mega Bus with you last year! It was my first time using it. While I agree the return trip was horrible, I couldn't justify the $250 for Southwest from Cleveland vs. the $10.50 for the bus!!!

I just got my tickets for 2.50 ! yeah, love Mega Bus

Pshah! Cost me $300 via SW airlines...but wait! I had a free ticket! I would claw my way there if I had to!

Hey Prior Mega Bus users~~ I am planning on using the mega bus for a family vacation. Buying 4 Single tickets are way cheaper than buying 4 tickets. Is there assigned seating on the bus? Why would that be?

I know there isn't assigned seating but I do n't know why they would charge more for buying them together.

We took the MegaBus last year...Oh My Gosh!! I don not want to ever do that again!!!!!!!! We left late evening from Memphis, traveled all night...the bus was full, not comfortable at all. The trip home was a repeat...except the AC went out and the bathroom had serious problems...air fare is not going to be cheap, but I am willing to pay to not ride that bus...never thought of a train...don't even know where to catch a train at around here.

What is the process for purchasing Mega Bus tickets?

To purchase Mega Bus tickets, you can either visit their website or use their mobile app. Simply select your desired departure and arrival locations, choose your travel date and time, and complete the payment process. You will then receive a confirmation email with your ticket information.

How far in advance should I purchase my Mega Bus tickets?

It is recommended to purchase your Mega Bus tickets at least 2 weeks in advance to secure the best prices and availability. However, tickets can also be purchased up until the day of travel, depending on availability.

Can I change or cancel my Mega Bus ticket?

Yes, Mega Bus offers the option to change or cancel your ticket up to 24 hours before your scheduled departure time. Changes and cancellations can be made through their website or mobile app, and fees may apply.

What amenities are included on Mega Bus?

Mega Bus offers free Wi-Fi, power outlets, and restrooms on their buses. Some buses may also have reclining seats and extra legroom for added comfort.

What is the policy on bringing luggage on Mega Bus?

Each passenger is allowed to bring one piece of luggage and one carry-on bag on Mega Bus. Additional luggage may be allowed for an extra fee. All luggage must be properly tagged and stored in the designated luggage area on the bus.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Kathytnt
  • TammyJo
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
pkd09
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda