• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Skybus Airlines Update: Refunds and Alternate Flight Options

In summary, SKYBUS airlines just went under and if you have a reservation through them, you need to start applying for refunds.
pampered_chef_swva
This is just to let anyone and everyone who has not heard - SKYBUS airlines just went under...and if you have a reservation thru them - you need to start applying for refunds...

My director called me today to let me know what was going on ... As of now...Southwest Airlines is picking up some of the flights - BUT only those departing between April 5th and June 5th - and JETBLUE has stated that they will redeem the SkyBus tickets...HOWEVER...you have to fly standby and they are charging 50.00 each way to get you to your designation - the catch is - you have to have your skybus ticket when boarding the plane.

Still checking on other information from other airlines ....

I called my credit card company when the news broke yesterday and they have already credited my account. We booked a flight on another airline and the cost was only $10 more than the Skybus tickets were!

which airline if you don't mind me asking...?

pampered_chef_swva said:
which airline if you don't mind me asking...?
We got them on AirTran.

yeah we had already tried airtran before...was quite a bit more than the skybus - our skybus tickets were only $162.00 after ALL TAXES, baggage fees, etc... airtran is like 230.00 a piece

pampered_chef_swva said:
yeah we had already tried airtran before...was quite a bit more than the skybus - our skybus tickets were only $162.00 after ALL TAXES, baggage fees, etc... airtran is like 230.00 a piece
ouch. Ours were $94.50 with Skybus and $101 with AirTran - including all taxes, etc.

where are you flying out of - I guess it also depends on when - we searched July 13 - 17 - from charlotte to Midway - and your ticket is roundtrip?

pampered_chef_swva said:
where are you flying out of - I guess it also depends on when - we searched July 13 - 17 - from charlotte to Midway - and your ticket is roundtrip?
The ticket is one way - sorry I should have thought of that and specified - so that would make it more in line with what you are quoting and not as good a deal as I was thinking - lol. The airport is Raleigh.

Sorry. I have been sick so my head isn't working quite right. lol:rolleyes:

My mother just called Southwest and they are letting her fly standby. No extra costs. Just have to keep checking on the flight. Currently its not very full so she'll get on. But its still 2 1/2 weeks away-meryl

We contacted our credit card company to file a dispute and get a refund. Then we booked a ticket with USA3000 and it was actually $4 cheaper than our Skybus fare!!!

Good luck everyone!!!!

Related to Skybus Airlines Update: Refunds and Alternate Flight Options

1. What is Skybus?

Skybus is a budget airline that offers low-cost flight options to various destinations in the United States.

2. How do I book a flight with Skybus?

You can book a flight with Skybus through their official website or by calling their customer service hotline. You can also book through third-party travel websites.

3. What are the baggage restrictions for Skybus?

Skybus allows one free personal item and charges for additional carry-on and checked baggage. The weight limit for checked baggage is 50 pounds and for carry-on is 35 pounds.

4. Can I make changes to my Skybus reservation?

Yes, you can make changes to your Skybus reservation, but it may incur a fee. Changes can be made through their website or by calling their customer service hotline.

5. Does Skybus offer any amenities during the flight?

Skybus does not offer any complimentary amenities during the flight. However, you can purchase snacks and beverages on board for an additional fee.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jean DeVries
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
Replies
Views
Cathy Boucher