• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DH's Grand Morning Out: Star Wars Fan Meets John Williams at DSO Rehearsal

In summary, tickets for "DH's Grand Morning Out" cannot be purchased through Pampered Chef. The event is suitable for all ages, although children under 3 are not allowed in the rehearsal hall. There will not be a meet and greet with John Williams, but there will be an autograph signing event. Outside food and beverages are not allowed, but there will be a concession stand available. There is no specific dress code, but comfortable and appropriate attire is recommended.
chefann
Gold Member
As some of you may know, DH is a HUGE Star Wars fan. He also likes movie scores, especially John Williams, Howard Shore, Jerry Goldsmith, etc.

DH read on a website a couple of months ago that John Williams was going to be conducting the Detroit Symphony Orchestra (DSO) in a concert of his work. So DH asked one of the members of our car club, who also happens to play in the DSO, if he could get DH tickets. The concert was sold out (probably within a couple of weeks of the season going on sale last summer), but there was an open rehearsal.

The rehearsal was this morning. DH was *cough*sick*cough* - he thinks it was 24 minute flu. ;) But he dressed up in a shirt and Star Wars tie, and went to the rehearsal. He got to hear most of the planned concert (wouldn't you know, they skipped the Star Wars main theme). The best part? DH got to shake Williams' hand and get:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/JWsiggy.jpg

Cool - I'm sure that made his day!

Did he wear new suit?
Hello_Darth.jpg

Oh, that is SO cool!

No, KG, he didn't wear his costume. He didn't want to seem like a freak. So he just wore his Darth Vader tie. He did say that there were a lot of people there. And he was actually glad to go this morning instead of to the concert. Because there's no way he could have gotten an autograph after the concert.

Very cool! :cool:

My sons would be so jealous! They are both huge SW's fans!

the force was definitely with him!

1. Can I purchase tickets for "DH's Grand Morning Out" through Pampered Chef?

No, Pampered Chef does not sell tickets for this event. Tickets can be purchased through the Dallas Symphony Orchestra website or at the box office.

2. Is this event suitable for children?

Yes, this event is suitable for all ages. However, children under the age of 3 are not allowed in the rehearsal hall.

3. Will there be a meet and greet with John Williams at the event?

Unfortunately, there will not be a meet and greet with John Williams at the event. However, there will be an opportunity to meet him at the official autograph signing event.

4. Can I bring outside food or beverages to the event?

No, outside food and beverages are not allowed in the rehearsal hall. However, there will be a concession stand with snacks and drinks available for purchase.

5. Is there a dress code for the event?

There is no specific dress code for the event, but we recommend dressing comfortably and appropriately for a morning out at the symphony.

Back