• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Goodbye for Now: A Heartfelt Farewell to My Dear Friends

In summary, this conversation is about some members of a group deciding to leave and focus on their businesses instead of participating in the group. Some mention the importance of balancing CS with work and others express their confusion about getting too involved in the group. Some express their respect for those who are leaving and mention potential benefits for those who are staying.
Well said Ann....as usual!:)
I noticed that irony too Becky...
I had noticed some regulars not on here lately, and then noticed the teaser post from DS on the home page of CS. I will miss many of them too, but am hoping to join them over there asap!

chefann said:
It becomes a vicious circle. Directors get fed up with the whining and griping, so they leave. But without their expertise the whining and griping get worse.

Now, please don't take that the wrong way. We all need to vent a little now and then. But there seems to be a lot of people (and more in the past year than back in the "CS old days") who don't want to be held accountable for their own success or lack thereof. They post a complaint about their business not being as good as they would like, and then get all defensive when someone suggests that they actually WORK their biz instead of just griping about it. That doesn't help anyone.

Just think about the power this place would have if we focused on positive suggestions and celebrating successes. Instead, half of the threads on a given day (this week being off the norm since there is still a lot of conference discussion happening) are full of negativity.

And I'm not saying that we need to stop our joking around completely. That's what the Lounge is for, after all. And it's easy enough for someone to skip the Lounge when they're feeling productive and want to focus on business topics. But it's disheartening when one opens a topic room and half the thread titles include "I can't", "Nobody wants to", or other complaining words.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/thsoapbox.gif I'll get off my soapbox now.

Ann - I agree with you 100%. My whole "I'll miss you guys" is that many times I feel like a lot of us become "moms" for the new people to help them along in those issues and stand up to keep CS mainly productive. With many "leaving"...and I know it's not all, it's people "refocusing" after NC or knowing they get "sucked in" and removing their obstacles to soar in their business. But without the depth of all the directors here too this place has the potential to turn so I hope the rest of us can keep it on track. Besides, if I have a success, I like my friends to celebrate and I also like to hear "kudos" from those who have made it further than me.

I have fully encouraged and continue to encourage people to make Directorship and get their butts over there. :D

I also think it is sometimes good to share disappointments and gripes in the proper manner on here. It's how we learn to handle things. Case in point - look at my customer issue this week with another DS person. She has always been brash and borderline rude and pushy so I handled her the best I could, sent her to the 800# and that has turned around into having her soften, almost totally melt down, and LOOK for service and also express what she is struggling with in life. I wouldn't have expected that out of her. That is a good example of how a little effort can go a long way (granted we do have some definite bless and release people out there though!)

Finally, yes, I enjoy a little joking. That is MY way to release stress. If I am not joking and am serious. Watch out! I'm either very upset at you or very stressed. ...and believe me the grey hairs are multiplying. Yes, CS is an outlet for me. Luckily, I have no one in life judging how much time I spend here and there because they know very well I CHOOSE my activities based on what I need and want in life and what is best for my family. My ED is very supportive of my level and ready for when I want to change and is VERY complimentary of my education and experience (I am thankful for that). :D My family needs me to have this little corner of the world and have some virtual friends here with similar interests. They need me to be with PC at the level I'm at and when life changes, my direction will too like many on DCS.

My point just is "don't forget us" and please share the depth with us. Even if it's dropping over and leaving information. I have a supportive upline and could PROBABLY get all the technical information on my own but I choose to share and try to get a little back because not everyone has it. I guess it's my way to be the hospitality for others.

...and no I'm not worried about you posting about us...go have your chats "behind" us...I was having fun with that - my dry sense of humor - sorry. I can handle it! I don't have 2 chins or big hips, but I can wear my big girl panties well. :D

ChefBeckyD said:
The only irony I see is that many have said "I'll only go to CS to check for files I need".

Soooo, that means they want to use our expertise....and take...but don't want to give anymore.

And I'm not trying to be snotty - but that is what's being said.

I think you will notice that many of us have said we will still remain on this board to offer advice, suggestions and to lend a listening ear...we just need to focus on what got us to Director and stay there. I don't think you can't rightly say that anyone is trying to take anyone's "expertise" and not also give their own...that isn't what was being said. And an FYI-Director Chef Success has a "Files" area as well, it just isn't as full as CS because the board has only been open for a year...many of the files are one that now Directors have made.
I challenge ALL of you to come join DCS ASAP! You will then see for yourself why some of us need a place that is focused more on business than what is for dinner.

Because of past drama and that I seem to rub some the wrong way no matter how many times I explain what I really meant, I have seriously considered leaving this site several times but have kept my membership because even though many of you don't understand that what I try to say is always meant in a kind helpful way you are family. I have been here almost since the site started and would miss it/you all too much.

I am determined to work my business more so I too am curtailing my time here. I am trying to come on here just once a day but like the idea of before 9/after 9 so I might be changing that pledge to myself.

I can see how some might see the comments about files as a "using us" but I am sure that isn't what any of us are doing. I think it's an excuse to some to stay a member here but we all will still post when we catch a need from someone. The majority of those who are members here (and on DCS) never post and do come just for the files (or to scan the posts from afar) but those, especially directors, who do post now will still help when we are on.

Although I think that many of the files are GREAT, I personally am using very few files anymore. I have moved to just using what PC provides. They are way more professional than anything I can do and they say it all. The only things I have used in the last year are the DYLAB, the next 3 month specials and the going, going gone.

We all need to be working our businesses and many of the directors on DCS are pledging to focus more on our businesses and realize that we need to limit our time over here. Some had their subscriptions expire while at conference and chose to take that as a sign to not renew. They love you still but have decided that they need to go on.

janetupnorth said:
Ann - I agree with you 100%. My whole "I'll miss you guys" is that many times I feel like a lot of us become "moms" for the new people to help them along in those issues and stand up to keep CS mainly productive. With many "leaving"...and I know it's not all, it's people "refocusing" after NC or knowing they get "sucked in" and removing their obstacles to soar in their business. But without the depth of all the directors here too this place has the potential to turn so I hope the rest of us can keep it on track. Besides, if I have a success, I like my friends to celebrate and I also like to hear "kudos" from those who have made it further than me.

I have fully encouraged and continue to encourage people to make Directorship and get their butts over there. :D

I also think it is sometimes good to share disappointments and gripes in the proper manner on here. It's how we learn to handle things. Case in point - look at my customer issue this week with another DS person. She has always been brash and borderline rude and pushy so I handled her the best I could, sent her to the 800# and that has turned around into having her soften, almost totally melt down, and LOOK for service and also express what she is struggling with in life. I wouldn't have expected that out of her. That is a good example of how a little effort can go a long way (granted we do have some definite bless and release people out there though!)

Finally, yes, I enjoy a little joking. That is MY way to release stress. If I am not joking and am serious. Watch out! I'm either very upset at you or very stressed. ...and believe me the grey hairs are multiplying. Yes, CS is an outlet for me. Luckily, I have no one in life judging how much time I spend here and there because they know very well I CHOOSE my activities based on what I need and want in life and what is best for my family. My ED is very supportive of my level and ready for when I want to change and is VERY complimentary of my education and experience (I am thankful for that). :D My family needs me to have this little corner of the world and have some virtual friends here with similar interests. They need me to be with PC at the level I'm at and when life changes, my direction will too like many on DCS.

My point just is "don't forget us" and please share the depth with us. Even if it's dropping over and leaving information. I have a supportive upline and could PROBABLY get all the technical information on my own but I choose to share and try to get a little back because not everyone has it. I guess it's my way to be the hospitality for others.

...and no I'm not worried about you posting about us...go have your chats "behind" us...I was having fun with that - my dry sense of humor - sorry. I can handle it! I don't have 2 chins or big hips, but I can wear my big girl panties well. :D

Just have to say I totally agree!

chefmeg said:
I think you will notice that many of us have said we will still remain on this board to offer advice, suggestions and to lend a listening ear...we just need to focus on what got us to Director and stay there. I don't think you can't rightly say that anyone is trying to take anyone's "expertise" and not also give their own...that isn't what was being said. And an FYI-Director Chef Success has a "Files" area as well, it just isn't as full as CS because the board has only been open for a year...many of the files are one that now Directors have made.
I challenge ALL of you to come join DCS ASAP! You will then see for yourself why some of us need a place that is focused more on business than what is for dinner.

Wasn't directed at you Meg.

There are some who have said they won't post - only get files. That's all. They are specifically saying they won't remain active on this board.

I've been a director since Jan '06. I've tried DCS occasionally, but it seemed too negative. I check CS regularly and DCS maybe once a month...maybe.

BethCooks4U said:
Because of past drama and that I seem to rub some the wrong way no matter how many times I explain what I really meant, I have seriously considered leaving this site several times but have kept my membership because even though many of you don't understand that what I try to say is always meant in a kind helpful way you are family. I have been here almost since the site started and would miss it/you all too much.

I am determined to work my business more so I too am curtailing my time here. I am trying to come on here just once a day but like the idea of before 9/after 9 so I might be changing that pledge to myself.

I can see how some might see the comments about files as a "using us" but I am sure that isn't what any of us are doing. I think it's an excuse to some to stay a member here but we all will still post when we catch a need from someone. The majority of those who are members here (and on DCS) never post and do come just for the files (or to scan the posts from afar) but those, especially directors, who do post now will still help when we are on.

Although I think that many of the files are GREAT, I personally am using very few files anymore. I have moved to just using what PC provides. They are way more professional than anything I can do and they say it all. The only things I have used in the last year are the DYLAB, the next 3 month specials and the going, going gone.

We all need to be working our businesses and many of the directors on DCS are pledging to focus more on our businesses and realize that we need to limit our time over here. Some had their subscriptions expire while at conference and chose to take that as a sign to not renew. They love you still but have decided that they need to go on.

Beth...please don't leave:cry:
I always find your imput very helpful although sometimes it steps on my toes! And I wouldn't get my toes stepped on if I put on my dancin' shoes and do what I know I need to be doing. We need people like you on here!

DS is more serious. For me, I see some venting on issues on resolving conflicts with upline and looking for solutions on how to best coach consultants.

That is the key, however. To vent is one thing and especially if it has been lableled a vent. To me venting means "I need support" not looking for solutions. Others look to complain without really knowing that they are doing it. That is what leads to negativity. Then when others try to offer a solution, their seems to be bad feelings. We all want feedback, but as humans, we resist feedback as if it is an insult instead of a tool to try and fix the problem.

Personally, I stay as far away from cat fights as I can
catfight.gif
As soon as I sence there is one coming...I am out of that thread.

I will keep up with threads about Paige and I will continue to use this site as a tool. I am not good at flyers or other things but I feel I can contribute in other ways by relating similar experiences and possibly offer what has and hasn't worked with me.

The humerous threads are a must at times.

ChefBeckyD said:
The only irony I see is that many have said "I'll only go to CS to check for files I need".

Soooo, that means they want to use our expertise....and take...but don't want to give anymore.

And I'm not trying to be snotty - but that is what's being said.

Still posting flyers, still sharing expertise, still part of the community...just on here a little less. (I just can't afford to spend hours reading thru all the non-business stuff anymore.) I still care.

legacypc46 said:
Still posting flyers, still sharing expertise, still part of the community...just on here a little less. (I just can't afford to spend hours reading thru all the non-business stuff anymore.) I still care.
I know - and I really appreciate it! I have learned so much from you - and I love that you not only post ideas - you also post plans for implementing them! I love that you have achieved such great success while still being "one of us". You are someone I am using as a business model for how to build my business and treat my downline and other consultants!

thank you for the kind words becky.

Kris, you are definately an inspiration!

Well, I have read through this entire thread and I "think" I am now caught up. I did not see the thing about some Directors moving to DCS, so, it took me a minute to understand what was going on while I was getting over the shock that i though Janet was leaving:D. I am very glad to understand that is not true, ha! And I guess I need to go figure out what Directors said they were going away for a while unless someone wants to tell me.

I say if they want to go then go, it's not like anyone is holding them hostage over here. Personally, half the time I do not know who is a Director and who is not a Director unless I happen to see it on a signature line. I just look for great information from everyone on here no matter their status with PC. And I am sure I have gotten tons of stuff from all kinds of Consultants. I I have no desire to promote in PC and do not actively recruit.

As far as some being upset that some are upset that they are using the site but will not post or read a thread b/c they cannot bare to look through all of the "non-business stuff," I do not see how it is that hard to not read, post, comment, look or do anything in a thread that you do not personally want to do. After all, you have to click on it with your mouse to get to read it and you get a teaser when you hold the mouse over it, so, it's not like you do not half way know what the thread is about before you click. There are plenty of times I come on here and just read what I want or read nothing b/c I do not see anything I want to open at the time.

And as far as it seeming to ruffle feathers and Directors getting a little aggravated about people not liking their comments, I say this: Did you honestly think when you post things like that people on here are not going to commment on it? After all, isn't that one of the reasons I am understanding why your taking a step back from CS? B/c of the way things can be sometimes?

I am sure I have ruffled feathers but I think some of this is posting just like the reason you're saying you're taking a step back and kind of making a moot point of it at the moment.

THIS IS NOT INTENDED FOR ANYONE SPECIFICALLY, THIS IS INTENDED FOR THE OVERALL TONE I AM "HEARING" WHEN READING SEVERAL THINGS.

legacypc46 said:
I'm staying, but going back to using CS as it was intended: a community to help each other with their business. I love DCS because there is less 'chat', no drama, and less posting just to say 'me too'....though we do thank each other like crazy. ;)

So...my self-imposed rules to keep my CS time in check:
Read anything new on Paige.
If a new thread is business related, I'll scroll over it.
If a thread will help my business, I'll read it.
If I think what I have to say will help someone's business, I'll post.
Prayer requests will be answered with prayer (not a post saying I'm praying).
If I really have something to say on a non-PC post, I'll PM or email directly.
Kudos, encouragement, and applause is always available to give. :sing:
Occassionally I'll wander to the lounge...primarily to catch a smile and to touch base with my friend and favorite kitchen guy.:love:

I am dedicated to my business and I love CS, but OT-posts take time away from my business, my family, and the other things I love.:chef:

(By the way Ann, great post! You are CS).

Well said, Kris. :thumbup:

pampchefrhondab said:
Yeah, I noticed the partial post from the Director CS last night. It started "I'm done w/CS!We will miss all of you that decide not to come back!
Please understand that that post was not started out of anger or exasperation. Several directors were away on vacation and at conference for a few weeks. During that time, their CS subscriptions expired and instead of having a chance to decide whether or not they would continue here and say goodbye if need be, they just decided to let their subscriptions lapse and are therefore totally locked out of CS.So it wasn't written with spite or in a bad frame of mind, rather they are "done" because they are no longer allowed in! That's all. Please don't read it any differently.

Ann F said:
I've been a director since Jan '06. I've tried DCS occasionally, but it seemed too negative. I check CS regularly and DCS maybe once a month...maybe.

Ann, I'm sorry you had that experience. You must have caught us on a few off days. By and large, the atmosphere on DCS is one of help and encouragement. Of course we all get ticked off sometimes, but the focus really is on business building.

DebbieJ said:
Please understand that that post was not started out of anger or exasperation. Several directors were away on vacation and at conference for a few weeks. During that time, their CS subscriptions expired and instead of having a chance to decide whether or not they would continue here and say goodbye if need be, they just decided to let their subscriptions lapse and are therefore totally locked out of CS.

So it wasn't written with spite or in a bad frame of mind, rather they are "done" because they are no longer allowed in! That's all. Please don't read it any differently.

...and MY post wasn't written initially in spite or with a bad frame of mind either. I can't PM those guys at all if they aren't here so I was saying "Bye, I'll miss you" figuring SOMEONE would pass that on to them...and also saying that if you don't know what I meant, it wasn't originally intended for you.

I was just hoping those I communicate with aren't leaving me... :D ...because I miss their well-thought-out ideas.

On the rest, life and people and businesses all have their seasons. Ecclesiates points out this quite well, there is a time for everything under the sun. If it is not their time to be here and they can't handle the things that are here and not on DCS like a little more open comedy and socialization and can't avoid those things that may be stumbling blocks, we have to wish them all the best in expanding their businesses! If someone is here and too distracted in that stuff, they will have a hard time providing valuable input some days so best for them to get what they need. Kudos to them for knowing where to draw their lines.

I definitely see and understand Becky's point though and I think it was just worded poorly by that person who stated that they were just coming here to get stuff like files. That means you're purposely taking from a community without giving. But, I can't knock that person too much, if you only realized how many LURKERS are here taking, taking, taking...

So back to my original point...bye to those moving on, we'll miss you here.
To those bridging the gap - please share the good stuff and please share some of the successes and trials of those moving on with us so we can still cheer for them when needed and encourage them when down.

rennea said:
Hey Rhonda if we have you what more do we need!!!!!!:):)

Rawwwww cheering from the CS crowd!!:D

I was just kidding, but you are too sweet and made my day:)!

I am too nosey to be a lurker and too much of a socializer to not bridge any gaps.

Becky, I was a little offended (and over it in no time, not even a 2nd thought, OK?!?!) at your comment, but truly do understand where anyone could see others as taking and not giving....I too did not mean to upset anyone! I am sorry if it came out like that.

Ann Frame...GIRL! You have got to get over to DCS more, especially now, as there is a bunch on fire and they are motivating to the rest of us that aren't~an amazing group of ladies, I must say (sorry, no guys that I know of YET!)

Have read most of the comments.First of all, I have to directly address the days when I was a newbie, posted an IDEA seeking honest feedback, and was very offended by some blunt replies. Although I ALMOST walked away from this site, in awe of how they could personally attack someone who was so new, I thought better of that decision (and the idea I posted about in the first place.) To all those people, I just want to say that I have since come to appreciate your wisdom and your straightforward way of putting things.Now to all the people who say, "Become a director and join us," I just have to say, "Baby steps." I honestly cannot fathom being a director with all I have on my plate ... and doing a good job of it. If I do not have the time to mentor, coach and encourage the people on my team while continuing to do a good job with my business AND the job that pays the bills and provides the insurance, I have no business serving in that role.To all who are stepping back, I do understand needing to budget your time better, and do not begrudge you that one bit.And to all who are continuing to stay and share their wisdom, THANK YOU!

very well said Di...I especially love that WHEN you do become a Director, your values are already in place to be a good one. You want to mentor and help others~that is what gets you there, BUT you have to continue to nurture and grow a team in order to stay there. That's where my focus is now.....growing!

I've always said that I've seen good directors and bad directors ... and if I cannot be a good one, why be one at all???

DebbieJ said:
Ann, I'm sorry you had that experience. You must have caught us on a few off days. By and large, the atmosphere on DCS is one of help and encouragement. Of course we all get ticked off sometimes, but the focus really is on business building.

Oh, sort of like it is over here on CS! :) LOL

Becoming a director is certainly a personal decision. Just like making the choice to have a goal in sales or any other aspect of this business.

I see David Meehan bursting sales records and he is at the level of Director. I sat next to Scottie Brister at Career Club. She was at the same sales level as I am but she is an upper level director.

Whether you make it across stage or not is a personal choice. No choice is any better than the other. That is what makes this company work so well and it works for all of us.

I have read this thread the whole way through and have followed it and been wondering to myself when is this thread going to come to a head and blow....

I guess myself is this that it is to the head of breaking point. People we are talking about 2 websites that one is for all consultants at all levels and another at directors and above and then there is a company who we all are selling for between these two sites.

I have told a dear friend today it doesn't matter how much you talk here or how much talk over there but honestly if you are going to loose something your going you might think you have the power to change in some things you do but in other things they aren't in our hands they are in GODS...

I keep hearing through this thread how people are tired of reading/posting about threads that aren't pampered chef related or very important to the growth of your business... What what has this thread come to??? Has anyone of you made some growth in your business from this???? I didn't think so.

Yes we are sad to see some of our directors go over to the other side i guess you could calll it when the time is right someday we all might be there or not. But I know when I have reached that time I am not leaving here I enjoy my friends I have made here and enjoy the wonderful files have put their time into doing. I guess when I think of pampered chef yes it is a job yes it is a career for me but if you can't have fun and have your goals too then why do it.

You are in charge of your goals and I realise we all need some discipline in our life time... But with it comes growth... Time management is another thing we need... But just because you are trying to get all of those at once doesn't mean you have to be a snob and don't wanna have to deal with people who don't stay on topic and people who come and ask the same question over and over.

Yes I will admit I get like feeling there are days I answer the same question over and over but you know what I do it. I stay here and help when I can cause you know you might of not recruited them but you are helping them grow and over time that is bigger growth for you in the long run.

Okay I am off my soapbox now and if you are mad cause of my post oh well. We all got our big girl panties on or for the men on here they got their big boy briefs on so deal with it.

I'm going to close this thread now because it has gone from me wishing those who have left well through those who are there and encouraging the rest to stay for those who aren't there yet to the verge of a pot boiling over. I'm going to close it before that happens and leave some thoughts on love...1 Corinthians 13LoveIf I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. f I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

<h2>1. What is "Goodbye for Now: A Heartfelt Farewell to My Dear Friends"? </h2><p>"Goodbye for Now: A Heartfelt Farewell to My Dear Friends" is a book written by a former Pampered Chef consultant, expressing her gratitude and saying goodbye to her friends and colleagues in the company.</p><h2>2. Where can I purchase a copy of the book?</h2><p>The book is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website, as well as major online retailers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble.</p><h2>3. Is the book only for Pampered Chef consultants?</h2><p>No, the book is meant for anyone who has been a part of the Pampered Chef community or has an interest in the company. It can also be a meaningful read for those who have experienced saying goodbye to friends and loved ones.</p><h2>4. Can I read an excerpt from the book before purchasing it?</h2><p>Yes, an excerpt of the book is available on the Pampered Chef website for you to read before making a purchase decision.</p><h2>5. Will there be a sequel to "Goodbye for Now"?</h2><p>At this time, there are no plans for a sequel. However, the author may choose to write another book in the future.</p>

1. What is "Goodbye for Now: A Heartfelt Farewell to My Dear Friends"?

"Goodbye for Now: A Heartfelt Farewell to My Dear Friends" is a book written by a former Pampered Chef consultant, expressing her gratitude and saying goodbye to her friends and colleagues in the company.

2. Where can I purchase a copy of the book?

The book is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website, as well as major online retailers such as Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

3. Is the book only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, the book is meant for anyone who has been a part of the Pampered Chef community or has an interest in the company. It can also be a meaningful read for those who have experienced saying goodbye to friends and loved ones.

4. Can I read an excerpt from the book before purchasing it?

Yes, an excerpt of the book is available on the Pampered Chef website for you to read before making a purchase decision.

5. Will there be a sequel to "Goodbye for Now"?

At this time, there are no plans for a sequel. However, the author may choose to write another book in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
rennea
  • Ann F
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies