1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Rant Okay so I ran into some dear ladies today that I haven't seen in a

1. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Okay so I ran into some dear ladies today that I haven't seen in a year or so. They asked how I was doing and how being a Mom was going. I said good, but I needed an outlet for some me time and started to sell Pampered Chef.

Why is it that when ever I'm in this situation their response is "Oh I know so and so who does Pampered Chef too, do you know her?"

1) No I don't know her!
    and
    2) your comment is discouraging to me!!!

I'm sorry but no matter how many bookings I have, it is discoraging to me to have someone say, oh so & so is a great consultant, LIKE I AM NOT!

Thanks for reading.

2. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

Re: Discouraged

they didn't say you weren't, don't take it personally

Apr 14, 2009
  3. flemings99

flemings99 Veteran Member Gold Member

Stick with it & keep telling people you've started a biz with PC. My Dir. didn't live that far from me when I started and I was always hearing people say---oh yea I know xxx.

Funny thing is now that I've done PC for almost 3 years, it's my recruits saying everyone knows you. It's come full circle and it feels so good.

When people tell me they know a consultant, I say great. I don't want to take you from that consultant but if you aren't being taken care of & need service please let me know. You never know when that other consultant will move out of town (such as my director did) or stop selling.

Apr 14, 2009
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

My response is, "Great! Satisfied customers are our best advertising."

Apr 14, 2009
  5. Aunticooks

Aunticooks Member Gold Member

Take it with a smile! I looked and looked for a PC rep for 8 years and no one ever knew of anybody. Now that I'm selling PC people are always asking if I know so and so. I always say " No I don't, but I'm glad you have a great consultant to work with." Leaving the door open so that if they aren't happy with their consultant or haven't talked to them for a while maybe I can be of service. Without stepping on toes of course lol

Apr 15, 2009
  6. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

I would not take it personally at all! I usually smile and say I don't know that person, then ask "Isn't PC great?" or something like that. If someone tells me that they already have a PC lady I ask if they are happy with her and if so (usually the case) I act all happy that they are satisfied with the company.

Apr 15, 2009
  7. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

See I took her comment to mean that she figures all consultants might know each other and what a small world it is. Like when people hear my last name and ask if I know so-and-so, since it's the same last name as a friend that they used to know way out where ever they lived a long time ago. :rolleyes:
    Another way to think of it, is that isn't it so great that there could be several consultants in an area and still have never heard of each other! Just goes to show that there's plenty of business around! :)

Apr 15, 2009
  8. Re: Discouraged

Any time you get a response like that, look at it as a perfect opportunity to recruit!!!! Say something like "No, I don't - but that is one of the great things - everyone seems to know someone who does Pampered Chef - and yet we don't overlap - the opportunities are just amazing and so is the extra money!"

Or say "Really? No I don't know her - has she told you about all the new amazing summer stuff they have? Omigod, I LOVE it...." lol - who knows, the next thing you know your old friend is booking a party with YOU! ;)

Don't let other people have the control over you to bring you down like that - you're worth more than that :) I agree with babywings, tho - I think she simply was making conversation - not placing any type of judgement.

Apr 15, 2009
  9. Jules711

Jules711 Veteran Member Silver Member

I agree...no reason to be discouraged with people simply knowing another consultant. I too find it funny that they assume we all know each other, especially when they aren't even from my town. It only annoys me when they like to go into detail on the awesome shows they've had with them and we are standing at my booth. Hello...I'm looking for people that want to do that with me.

Definitely mention some of the new stuff b/c people say that they KNOW a consultant, but they aren't THEIR consultant. I just had a show with someone that "has" a consultant. I'm not sure what they deal is there b/c she contacted me. I knew she had a consultant, but she receives my e-newsletter. You never know if someone with leave PC or not be available when someone really wants a show.

Apr 16, 2009
  10. Re: Discouraged

Exactly! Actually, there is a consultant who lives just down the block from me - and also has a sign on her car....I don't know her, but I am doing a show next month for someone who lives across the street from her!! If that isn't an example of how the right kind of networking works, I don't know what is...hehehe.....

I'm bound to get some questions from those guests about knowing her (which I don't). I look at is as the perfect way to start a dialogue...and book more shows MYSELF! :)

Apr 16, 2009
  11. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Thanks for all the encouragement and kind words. I've tried not to think about it much, but it popped into my mind this morning (then I got on here and found this again). I was thinking this morning.

I think the comment stemed from the fact that this person doesn't see PC as a business. It could only be a hobby in her eyes. I think a lot of people see PCthat way.

I was wondering if I had told her I just opened a flower shop if she would have said "wow, do you know about Cactus Flower shop on Main?"

I guess I need to learn words like "business" to use in my conversations with people.

Thanks again for letting me rant, and being so kind! :love:

Have something to add?