• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Okay so I Ran Into Some Dear Ladies Today That I Haven't Seen in a

In summary,the ladies were asking how the Mommyhood was going and I said good, but I needed an outlet for some me time and started to sell Pampered Chef. I think the comment discouraging me was that someone else who knows the same person as the consultant I am selling to told them that the consultant was a great person.
BlessedWifeMommy
Okay so I ran into some dear ladies today that I haven't seen in a year or so. They asked how I was doing and how being a Mom was going. I said good, but I needed an outlet for some me time and started to sell Pampered Chef.

Why is it that when ever I'm in this situation their response is "Oh I know so and so who does Pampered Chef too, do you know her?"

1) No I don't know her!
and
2) your comment is discouraging to me!!!

I'm sorry but no matter how many bookings I have, it is discoraging to me to have someone say, oh so & so is a great consultant, LIKE I AM NOT!

Thanks for reading.

Re: Discouragedthey didn't say you weren't, don't take it personally

Re: DiscouragedStick with it & keep telling people you've started a biz with PC. My Dir. didn't live that far from me when I started and I was always hearing people say---oh yea I know xxx.

Funny thing is now that I've done PC for almost 3 years, it's my recruits saying everyone knows you. It's come full circle and it feels so good.

When people tell me they know a consultant, I say great. I don't want to take you from that consultant but if you aren't being taken care of & need service please let me know. You never know when that other consultant will move out of town (such as my director did) or stop selling.

Re: DiscouragedMy response is, "Great! Satisfied customers are our best advertising."

Re: DiscouragedTake it with a smile! I looked and looked for a PC rep for 8 years and no one ever knew of anybody. Now that I'm selling PC people are always asking if I know so and so. I always say " No I don't, but I'm glad you have a great consultant to work with." Leaving the door open so that if they aren't happy with their consultant or haven't talked to them for a while maybe I can be of service. Without stepping on toes of course lol

Re: DiscouragedI would not take it personally at all! I usually smile and say I don't know that person, then ask "Isn't PC great?" or something like that. If someone tells me that they already have a PC lady I ask if they are happy with her and if so (usually the case) I act all happy that they are satisfied with the company.

Re: Discouraged
BlessedWifeMommy said:
Okay so I ran into some dear ladies today that I haven't seen in a year or so. They asked how I was doing and how being a Mom was going. I said good, but I needed an outlet for some me time and started to sell Pampered Chef. Why is it that when ever I'm in this situation their response is "Oh I know so and so who does Pampered Chef too, do you know her?" 1) No I don't know her!
and
2) your comment is discouraging to me!!!I'm sorry but no matter how many bookings I have, it is discoraging to me to have someone say, oh so & so is a great consultant, LIKE I AM NOT!Thanks for reading.
See I took her comment to mean that she figures all consultants might know each other and what a small world it is. Like when people hear my last name and ask if I know so-and-so, since it's the same last name as a friend that they used to know way out where ever they lived a long time ago. :rolleyes:
Another way to think of it, is that isn't it so great that there could be several consultants in an area and still have never heard of each other! Just goes to show that there's plenty of business around! :)

Re: DiscouragedAny time you get a response like that, look at it as a perfect opportunity to recruit!!!! Say something like "No, I don't - but that is one of the great things - everyone seems to know someone who does Pampered Chef - and yet we don't overlap - the opportunities are just amazing and so is the extra money!"Or say "Really? No I don't know her - has she told you about all the new amazing summer stuff they have? Omigod, I LOVE it...." lol - who knows, the next thing you know your old friend is booking a party with YOU! ;)Don't let other people have the control over you to bring you down like that - you're worth more than that :) I agree with babywings, tho - I think she simply was making conversation - not placing any type of judgement.

Re: DiscouragedI agree...no reason to be discouraged with people simply knowing another consultant. I too find it funny that they assume we all know each other, especially when they aren't even from my town. It only annoys me when they like to go into detail on the awesome shows they've had with them and we are standing at my booth. Hello...I'm looking for people that want to do that with me. Definitely mention some of the new stuff b/c people say that they KNOW a consultant, but they aren't THEIR consultant. I just had a show with someone that "has" a consultant. I'm not sure what they deal is there b/c she contacted me. I knew she had a consultant, but she receives my e-newsletter. You never know if someone with leave PC or not be available when someone really wants a show.

Re: DiscouragedExactly! Actually, there is a consultant who lives just down the block from me - and also has a sign on her car....I don't know her, but I am doing a show next month for someone who lives across the street from her!! If that isn't an example of how the right kind of networking works, I don't know what is...hehehe.....I'm bound to get some questions from those guests about knowing her (which I don't). I look at is as the perfect way to start a dialogue...and book more shows MYSELF! :)

Re: DiscouragedThanks for all the encouragement and kind words. I've tried not to think about it much, but it popped into my mind this morning (then I got on here and found this again). I was thinking this morning.

I think the comment stemed from the fact that this person doesn't see PC as a business. It could only be a hobby in her eyes. I think a lot of people see PCthat way.

I was wondering if I had told her I just opened a flower shop if she would have said "wow, do you know about Cactus Flower shop on Main?"

I guess I need to learn words like "business" to use in my conversations with people.

Thanks again for letting me rant, and being so kind! :love:

1. What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that offers high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, and pantry items. We also provide recipes and cooking tips to help make meal prep and entertaining easier and more enjoyable.

2. How can Pampered Chef products help me in the kitchen?

Our products are designed to make cooking and baking more efficient and enjoyable. From our versatile kitchen tools to our high-quality cookware, our products are designed to save you time and effort in the kitchen.

3. Do I have to host a party to purchase Pampered Chef products?

No, you do not have to host a party to purchase our products. You can shop directly from our website or through one of our independent consultants.

4. Are Pampered Chef products only for experienced cooks?

No, our products are designed for all levels of cooking experience. Whether you're a seasoned chef or just starting out, our products can help make your time in the kitchen easier and more enjoyable.

5. Can I return or exchange a Pampered Chef product?

Yes, we have a satisfaction guarantee on all of our products. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return or exchange it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • chefcharity
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
pcgogetter