• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Giving Back the Community Through Cooking Shows

In summary, Julie is providing free cooking classes to women at a local women's shelter. She met a director of the shelter at the fair this summer and offered to teach cooking demos. She is using donated kitchen supplies and only needs the fresh vegetables for her demos. Tomorrow night, she will teach a triple recipe to serve 25 women.
lockhartkitchen
I haven't had money to donate to needed organizations, but I found a way to give back to those in need by providing free cooking classes to women at a local women's shelter. I met a director of a shelter at the fair this summer. She was interested in a fall fundraising cooking show. As we were talking, there was a need for demoing how to cook. I offered to share my knowledge of cooking delicious, and quick meals. It was like "Top Chef" I looked in the cupboards. We only have to work with what has been donated. They had top ramen! Ah hah! Asian Pork Noodle Skillet. They had pork and chicken in the freezer. They would just need the fresh vegetables.

Tomorrow night I don't know how many women will be in the kitchen with me, as we prepare a triple recipe to serve 25! I'm very excited. I've never done a show, knowing I would not get paid with money. I'm practicing my new life story I've written, and still sharing the business opportunity. I'm using spring catalogs, they can keep to add some recipes to their collection. I'll let you know how it goes. We will be choosing the fundraising cooking show date soon, where the board of directors and case workers will be attending. I'm definitely showing off my knives, as this is what they could earn for the shelter.

Way to go Julie! I wish you lots of luck & success. Let us know how it goes for you! :D

Thank you for sharing (in more ways than one). This is a really wonderful idea.

I went tonight, and the person I booked it with forgot to write it on the master schedule so someone had already started a pot of spaghetti. She apologized, and I confimred my Oct. 20 date to teach, and she put it on the master schedule. I did get the fundraising show on my calendar for Nov. Then I see tonight it's "earning products month". Yippee.

Dear friend,I am so inspired by your selfless act of giving back to those in need through your cooking classes at the local women's shelter. It takes a big heart and a generous spirit to offer your time and skills to help others, and I commend you for that.It's amazing how a simple conversation at a fair led to this wonderful opportunity to make a difference in the lives of these women. Your Asian Pork Noodle Skillet dish sounds delicious and I'm sure it will be a hit with the shelter residents. It's also great to hear that you are incorporating our spring catalogs into your classes, providing them with not only tasty recipes but also the opportunity to learn more about our products.I have no doubt that your fundraising cooking show will be a success and I'm excited to hear how it goes. It's not about the money, but the impact you are making in the lives of these women and the shelter as a whole. Keep up the amazing work and know that you are making a difference.Wishing you all the best,

1. What is the purpose of "Giving Back the Community Through Cooking Shows"?

The purpose of "Giving Back the Community Through Cooking Shows" is to use the platform of cooking shows to promote community involvement and give back to those in need. The focus is on using cooking as a means to bring people together and make a positive impact in the community.

2. How do cooking shows give back to the community?

Cooking shows give back to the community by using their platform to raise awareness and funds for charitable organizations, hosting events and workshops to teach cooking skills to those in need, and partnering with local businesses and organizations to provide meals for those facing food insecurity.

3. Who can participate in "Giving Back the Community Through Cooking Shows"?

Anyone can participate in "Giving Back the Community Through Cooking Shows" by attending events or workshops, supporting the cooking show's charitable initiatives, or even volunteering to help with cooking or event planning. The goal is to involve the entire community in making a difference.

4. How can I get involved in "Giving Back the Community Through Cooking Shows"?

There are various ways to get involved in "Giving Back the Community Through Cooking Shows", such as attending events, donating to charitable initiatives, volunteering to help with cooking or event planning, or simply spreading the word about the cause. You can also reach out to the cooking show directly to inquire about specific ways to get involved.

5. What impact does "Giving Back the Community Through Cooking Shows" have on the community?

"Giving Back the Community Through Cooking Shows" has a positive impact on the community by bringing people together, promoting community involvement and charitable giving, and providing meals and cooking skills to those in need. It also raises awareness about important social issues and encourages others to get involved in making a difference.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• virgomama
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • JanisF
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • sfdavis918