• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gingerbread Girls & Boys: Adding Hair with a Garlic Press!

In summary, to use a garlic press for adding hair to gingerbread shapes, pack dough tightly into the press and squeeze to create thin strands. Use a press with larger holes for thicker strands and make sure it is clean. To prevent sticking, dust with flour. Gently press the strands into the dough and use a toothpick or knife to secure them. This technique can also be used for other shapes, such as animals or sugar cookies.
raebates
Staff member
Use the Garlic Press to make hair for your gingerbread girls and boys. Just press a bit of dough through and arrange appropriately. It's adorable.BTW, I don't get credit for this idea, just sharing it. I saw it done in a recent magazine.

raebates said:
Use the Garlic Press to make hair for your gingerbread girls and boys. Just press a bit of dough through. It's adorable.

BTW, I don't get credit for this idea, just sharing it. I saw it done in a recent magazine.

Great idea! Should have thought of it, because we use it to make playdough hair all the time!

Thanks Rae!

Excellent idea! Thanks for sharing! :)

ChefBeckyD said:
Great idea! Should have thought of it, because we use it to make playdough hair all the time!

Thanks Rae!

That was my thought, exactly. I turned the page, saw the adorable cookies and thought, "Well, duh!"

Thanks for sharing, Rae! Love knowing other uses for products to help sell more!

Cool tip, thanks for sharing Rae!!

1. How do I use a garlic press to add hair to my gingerbread girls and boys?

To use a garlic press for this technique, start by preparing your gingerbread dough as usual and rolling it out to your desired thickness. Then, take a small amount of dough and place it into the garlic press, making sure it is packed in tightly. Squeeze the garlic press to push the dough through the holes, creating thin strands of dough that resemble hair. Place the strands onto your gingerbread shapes and gently press them into the dough to secure them.

2. Can I use any type of garlic press for this technique?

While any garlic press can technically be used, we recommend using one with larger holes to create thicker strands of dough for a more realistic hair appearance. It is also important to make sure the garlic press is clean and free of any garlic residue before using it for this purpose.

3. Will the dough stick to the garlic press?

To prevent the dough from sticking to the garlic press, make sure to lightly dust the inside of the press with flour before adding the dough. You can also lightly dust the dough itself before placing it into the press.

4. How do I make sure the hair stays in place while baking?

To ensure the hair stays in place while baking, gently press the strands into the dough and make sure they are fully embedded. You can also use a toothpick or small knife to help secure the strands in place if needed.

5. Can I use this technique for other shapes besides gingerbread girls and boys?

Yes, you can use a garlic press to add hair to other shapes as well, such as gingerbread animals or even regular sugar cookies. Just make sure to adjust the size and shape of the dough strands to fit your desired shape.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mike nike
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
Replies