• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Impt - Cookie Press Tips/Advise for Customer

In summary, the customer is having difficulty using her cookie press and was not successful with the directions that were provided. She was using pre-made cookie dough in the tube shape and it is possible that the dough was not the right consistency. She also found that if the dough is too cold it will not stick/come off. The best recipe for our cookie press is the All Occasion Cookies from the Celebrate cookbook.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
hey ladies..

i just got a call from a lady who got her cookie press.

she says she is having no success at all, and was reading the directions exactly as written...

She has to press really hard, then it won't come off of the cookie press, and in fact if she uses a scraper or something to get it off, she looses completely the design which she was trying to make in the first place..

ANY ADVISE?

Ironically she had gotten this for her daughter at college who loves to bake, and called me this morning to place an order for another.....

And was going to keep this one for herself..but if i can't show her how to use it properly, i may lose the sale on both..

***She did say she was using pre-made cookie dough in the tube shape.

ANY HELP PLEASE---

My guess is that cookie dough isn't the right consistency. I think I've even heard you have to add some flour to it. I've only used the spritz cookie recipe with the cookie press. Certain discs can be touchier than others and not work as well.

Also, if people don't measure the flour correctly, it can throw off the dough. It helps to let customers know to whisk the flour, then spoon it into a measuring cup, and even it off.

Maybe this will help??

I have found that if the dough is too cold it won't stick/come off. Also hard to get it to stick to some cookie sheets (too shiny). I think it is useful to use parchment paper. The dough seems to stick to it and when they're baked they slide right off.

The best recipe for our cookie press is the All Occasion Cookies from the Celebrate cookbook.

The first few cookies may be tricky even with this recipe but I have found they come out more easily as you go along. I think the dough softens.

I am probably one of the few people who will say they love the cookie press but I do- I really, really, love it.

One other tip, she should be sure the dough is reaching her stone when she "clicks" the trigger. Sometimes you need to double click. But, the real trick is to use the All Occasion Cookie Recipe.

Here are some tip sheets I give to my customers who buy the cookie press - HTH!

Attachments

• Cookie Press Tips.doc
    29 KB · Views: 257
  • All-Occasion Cookies.doc
    21 KB · Views: 279
Here is another tip sheet...

Attachments

• COOKIE PRESS tips.doc
    28 KB · Views: 335
I LOVE LOVE LOVE our Cookie Press, too!! Once you get the hang of it, it's awesome!!:thumbup:

Like Becky said, I heard that you can add a couple Tbs of flour to pre-made dough if it's too sticky, and that helps.
I was amazed at my first conference when they showed the right way to measure flour. I used to always just scoop it with my measure cup, but that way gives you way too much!

Another VERY IMPORTANT thing to look for is that the number on the disc is facing the right way. If the disc is in backwards, you'll have a mess.

Make sure you sift the flour BEFORE measuring!!!

Thanks for posting that Cathy, I ordered our cookie press and have yet to use it because it seemed pretty tempramental... but now that I have your tip sheets I am anxious to give a shot!

wow--i think if i ever saw someone use this properly, it would be a WONDERFUL plan to demo this at a oct show ...to prep for the baking holiday season..don't ya'll think/

Thanks for the tips.>I was heading out of town the very moment i got the call from this customer, so aside from a quick phone call w/ some tips from my recruiter, and an email i sent her w/ similar info about tips..I need to follow up w/ her tomorrow

1. How do I properly clean my cookie press?

To clean your cookie press, disassemble the parts and wash them with warm soapy water. Use a small brush or toothpick to remove any dough or debris from the small crevices. Rinse and dry the parts thoroughly before reassembling.

2. Can I use my cookie press for anything other than cookies?

Yes, you can use your cookie press to make other kinds of treats such as cheese straws or churros. Just make sure to adjust the dough consistency and follow the specific instructions for each recipe.

3. How do I prevent my dough from sticking to the cookie press?

To prevent sticking, make sure your dough is at the right consistency. It should be soft and pliable, but not sticky. You can also lightly dust the cookie press with flour or use nonstick cooking spray before pressing the dough.

4. What is the best way to store my cookie press?

The best way to store your cookie press is to disassemble it and store the parts in a dry and cool place. Make sure to properly clean and dry the parts before storing to prevent any mold or bacteria growth.

5. How do I troubleshoot common issues with my cookie press?

If your cookie press is not working properly, check to make sure all the parts are assembled correctly and tightly. If the dough is not coming out smoothly, try adjusting the dough consistency or cleaning any clogs in the press. If you continue to have issues, please contact our customer service for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Deborah Czarnecki
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cheftonia
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jeanlewis13
  • hannahshoping