• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift Basket Silent Auction Donation

It was kind of disappointing.In summary, the participants in the conversation discussed the idea of offering a PC gift basket for a silent auction item. The organizer suggested that the basket should be worth at least $50 and the person asking the question was unsure of what to put in it. Some suggestions were given, including a mix of smaller and larger items, as well as adding a gift certificate redeemable through the person offering the basket. The conversation also discussed the effectiveness of using such donations for gaining new customers. Some individuals suggested including business cards and catalogues in the basket to attract potential customers. Another idea was to include a gift certificate to encourage the winner to contact the person offering the basket. The benefits of making the basket tax-deductible
n8vtxn
I want to offer a PC gift basket as a silent auction item for a group I am involved in. The organizer wants it to be at least worth $50 and I am hoping to some people will pick up a business card as well as putting my contact info in the basket for the winner. My question is: what should I put in it? I don't know if I should do lots of little things or fewer bigger items. I'm at a total loss.

Any suggestions?

what i would put in it...i would put a small batter bowl, quikut paring knife, citrus peeler, large micro cooker, twixit clip pack, mini serving spatula, large serving spatula, can strainer, and jar opener. I would put in it maybe a small basket and add some colorful tissue paper. This set includes smaller items along with some bigger items. Using both sizes of the items it will make the basket appear fuller. hope that helped.....

Leesa--I'm not sure I would make all $50 product prizes. I would maybe do half in product and the rest in a $25 gift certificate that is redeemable only through you and expires at the end of this season. That way you kinda spread out the expense and the winner then becomes a customer, which you could parlay into a party.

i don't usually put in that muchusually a small batter bowl, season's best, and a larger item (med. bar pan or mini baker something in that price range, which of course I ordered at a discount).
I always include a gift certificate redeemable only through me (either $20 value or for a specific product, a double I already have in my cupboard), that way, if they are interested in PC in any way, they will contact you to redeem it. (depending on the organizer, they might pass the contact info on to you, but usually they forget) Always put an expiry date on it within a month, put some urgency on it. I include a large cataglogue & info on any specials/hosting/business info in the pkg.

I also send 10-15 catalogues (mini's) and lots of business cards for other bidders & browsers. It is a great idea and you really open your business to new customers that way.

Good luck.

Esther

What is the history?If it is a door prize, I will do a basket of stuff, usually around the $20 range. When it is an auction, I like to do something more flashy. What I use for these kinds of donations depends on what I have on hand. When my kids went to that school, I donated a LOT. This year, it was much less. How involved will you be in putting this thing together? This year, I was there helping them set up the auction tables. I donated the Entertaining Set with Striped Platter...I also noted every person who said "THAT IS SO COOL!!!" I made jokes about it to each of them...and they are EXPECTING my call. I have found that I have gotten very VERY little actual business from these types of things. I can't tell you that I've EVER had anyone say "I got your business card at the Mac auction." Yes, it certainly makes me look good...but I don't want to look like a sucker! I always try to find out WHO won/purchased my item so I can follow up with them. If someone feels close enough to me to ask me for that donation,then they should feel comfortable giving me the info!

Silent Auction gift basketI do this every year, in fact we just had our auction. The gift basket should be of related items, a theme. I like to do the pizza basket, round stone, pizza cutter, stoneware cookbook, italian seasonings, pizza sauce, etc or pie basket with pie stone, server, pie gate, batter bowl, cookbook, crust shield, pastry blender, etc. or a coffee lover's set, simple additions coffee mugs, carafe, and PC coffee. Always place a business card, catalogue, and a gift certificate (redeemable only through you.) The winner will call you with an order because you gave them your info and a catalogue that they already looked through. And they must like the product if they bought it in the first place! Rember, it is tax-deductible for the value. Best of luck! :D

I really like the idea of doing $20-25 in products and a $25 gift certificate, that way they have to redeem it thru you. I did a basket for a silent auction once and put my card and a coupon for a free kitchen show and no one ever called.

1. How do I request a gift basket donation for a silent auction?

To request a gift basket donation for a silent auction, please fill out our online donation request form on our website. We require a minimum of four weeks notice for all donation requests. Please note that while we make every effort to fulfill all requests, we may not be able to accommodate every request due to a high volume of inquiries.

2. What types of gift baskets does Pampered Chef offer for silent auction donations?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of gift baskets that are perfect for silent auction donations. Our gift baskets include a selection of our most popular kitchen tools, cookware, and kitchen gadgets. We also offer themed gift baskets, such as a baking basket or a grilling basket, for those who are looking for a more specific item.

3. Can I customize the gift basket for my organization's event?

Yes, we understand that every event is unique, and we are happy to work with you to create a custom gift basket that fits the theme or needs of your organization's event. Please include any specific requests or requirements in your donation request form, and we will do our best to accommodate them.

4. How will the gift basket be delivered for the silent auction?

We will ship the gift basket directly to your organization's address. Please note that we only ship within the United States and cannot ship to P.O. boxes. The gift basket will arrive in a decorative box, making it ready to display at your event's silent auction.

5. Can I request a gift basket donation for multiple events or organizations?

Yes, you can request a gift basket donation for multiple events or organizations. However, we ask that you submit a separate donation request form for each event or organization to help us keep track of all requests and ensure timely delivery of the gift basket. We also recommend submitting your donation request at least four weeks in advance for each event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sklay723
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies