• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Fundraisers: Low Commission Rates & What to Do

You can actually offer the group extra $ by submitting the show as a FR, but using the sale SW prices. Email me if you want me to send them to you. There are 2 forms (one for letter-size paper, one for legal) and a "how-to" sheet.Thank you for sending that information over!
dollfangs
Silver Member
How does anyone get fundraisers? I got a lead on a fundraiser and she was really excited until she found out the percentage. Even if I throw in 10% of my comission, that is still only 25% and she can get 50% with HI candles or with candy. I lost the fundraiser because of our low percentages. There probably would have been about 30 kids so this could have been big. What can I say when people are put off by the percentage?

Hi Melissa - I'm on the same boat as you - trying to get a fund raiser going, but chairperson is not really happy about the low percentage. I heard someone say that they actually give 20-25% of total sale right off the top, and submit the FR as a show - then keep all of the free product instead of getting commision (b/c you'd be giving it up to the group doing the FR).
I'm trying to work something out...should be interesting to see what else gets posted about this....

What you have to realize about our fundraisers is that 1. our products stay around - chocolates or wrapping paper get used up.
2. we do not have a fundraiser catalog which means they can get anything and it is the same price they would pay at a show
3. a "low" percentage shows that we don't inflate the value of our products
4. our products can add up to cost more than other fundraisers - how many people would spend $400 on wrapping paper or chocolate? I had a fundraiser guest get $400 worth of Simple Addidions!You have to market it differently and not be ashamed! There are some great flyers and training on fundraisers in the files section here.

I agree. Talk up the fact that we don't inflate the price and our products appeal to a broader range of people...everyone cooks, or eats! But not everyone wraps presents are can eat candy....(not good examples, but you get the idea.)
Does anyone have any facts on companies that inflate their prices for fundraising and what percentage is inflated?

Great advice Kate - I'm gonna have to try one... Maybe February ($$$)

There's another thread someplace here that mentions that Tupperware has a separate fundraiser catalog. Sure, the groups get 40%, but all the prices in the FR catty are marked up by that amount. (And IMO, that's too high to ask anyone to pay.)

Ann is right - we have one of those Tupperware catalogs at preschool (I teach mornings)...the prices are inflated 40%. I am doing a stoneware fundraiser in Feb - promoting the sale and of course they can buy anything in the catalog, but the stoneware was a big sellling point on getting the fundraiser.

I've got a form (it's at home, naturally) that's a "cookie style" order form with just stoneware on it. It has prices based on the regular prices, plus tax and a buck or two for shipping. Using that form in Feb., you can actually offer the group extra $ by submitting the show as a FR, but using the sale SW prices. Email me if you want me to send them to you. There are 2 forms (one for letter-size paper, one for legal) and a "how-to" sheet.

I totally understand what you are gonig through - I almost didn't sign up with Pampered Chef because of the low percentage. Then when I found out our percentage we are paid is lower too I was also disappointed.

I am looking forward to hitting 15K so I can get that raise.

I would emphasis the uniqueness of a Pampered Chef fundraiser to add it to their fundrasiing program. Many people love the chocolate or candle fundraiser but might want to add something new to the program for more $$$

I can't usually do the submit it as a show because my fundraisers are frequently in other states and then I would have to pay additional shipping

You know I give away almost all my commision on cancer related fundraisers but I have a niche group that I work with too.

It's a shame the PC doesn't realize this is a frustration for so many consultants.

Kathy
sis

chefann said:
There's another thread someplace here that mentions that Tupperware has a separate fundraiser catalog. Sure, the groups get 40%, but all the prices in the FR catty are marked up by that amount. (And IMO, that's too high to ask anyone to pay.)

Amen to that!

chefann said:
I've got a form (it's at home, naturally) that's a "cookie style" order form with just stoneware on it. It has prices based on the regular prices, plus tax and a buck or two for shipping. Using that form in Feb., you can actually offer the group extra $ by submitting the show as a FR, but using the sale SW prices. Email me if you want me to send them to you. There are 2 forms (one for letter-size paper, one for legal) and a "how-to" sheet.
Ann, please email me that info. Thanks [email protected]

Ann, could you please email the info to me? My son wants to do a fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society next month and that would be a great help! Thanks!

[email protected]

Hey everyone- I just emailed PDF versions of the forms to those who sent me email addresses. Here are Word versions. You can add your info to them, or print it on a label and stick it into the appropriate spot.Hope this helps!(Added: I just realized that the directions refer to "September prices." That's because I had initially made these up for September 2006. But since the directions are just for you, I'm not worried. You're smart people.)

Attachments

• Stoneware Fundraiser Instructions-all.doc
    61 KB · Views: 524
  • Stoneware Order Form-all.doc
    466.5 KB · Views: 404
  • Stoneware Order Form-all-let.doc
    464.5 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:
Ann,Have you had anyone complain that they are not getting the sale price on the stones? And, what is the C and FV in the order sheet?

I haven't actually used these. And if it's a fundraiser, the chances are slim that most shoppers would be regular customers who would even know that the stones are on sale.FV is French Vanilla. C is Cranberry.

They are awesome, Ann! Thanks again for all your contributions to this board!

I have done the same fund raiser for a private school here where I live for the last four years (always late Sept or early October) This school must do fund raising to support itself and my chairs are seasoned experts on this subject. They come back to me year after year because they say this is the EASIEST fund raiser they do all year. The sales last year topped $2600. They have never once complained of the percentage. In fact they say that their parents enjoy our fund raiser very much because of the quality, variety and durability of our products. Are you going to contact the wraping paper company or the chocolate bar company six months after receiving the goods and ask for a refund because you aren't happy with the quality? We honor our products guarantees and I think that's huge!

Also, with regards to our commission level, you also need to consider what else you gain from your contact with that organization. Referals, bookings and potential recruits. I have also gained residual business from several of those customers who contact me around the holidays.

You need to sell what makes our company unique and our products the best!
Good Luck, Jaymi

Stoneware Fundraiser FlyerI loved the idea of the stoneware fundraiser, so I created a flyer that i plan on passing around tomorrow. My plan (if i get any takers) is to do it as a show, and write one check from me instead of one from HO & one from me. That is how I calculated the 40%. Feel free to use it if you like, just add your contact info at the bottom! fundraiser2 is the back.

Attachments

• Fundraiser.doc
    117 KB · Views: 385
  • Fundraiser2.doc
    38.5 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:
chefann said:
Hey everyone-

I just emailed PDF versions of the forms to those who sent me email addresses. Here are Word versions. You can add your info to them, or print it on a label and stick it into the appropriate spot.

Hope this helps!

(Added: I just realized that the directions refer to "September prices." That's because I had initially made these up for September 2006. But since the directions are just for you, I'm not worried. You're smart people.)

Ann,
Thanks so much for these!! Question for you/anyone...Even though the customer name is the order-taker's name, we can write out guest receipts for each ordering guest?? (I am thinking of warranty purposes)... TIA!

Sorry, I keep thinking of more questions, and I've never done a fundraiser before..Would it be stepping on toes of other consultants if I was to ask all of my family members (some out of state) if they could pass on my Feb fundraiser opportunity to a local charity, church or their kid's schools?? I am sure there are local consultants, but I was just thinking that I could maybe branch out a bit this way. As long as the fundraiser host can get the order delivered to her so that I don't have to make a trip out of state to deliver! Also, the $3 for each booking, does that include catty or cooking shows? and what if someone cancels after the organization gets the $3?

Jennifer,If I actually had something scheduled with these forms, I was planning to write out receipts for the customers. The write-in kind, since entering the orders in PP by order-taker will make printed receipts too confusing.I don't think you'd be stepping on any toes. If the consultants in those areas didn't already ask, then it's their own fault. You snooze, you lose!The organization gets $3 for any booking. Just check the "Booking" box in PP, just like a regular show. And it's included by HO in the check. They have no way of knowing if it cancels.

I am need of a fundraiser order form, that has the participant's name and underneath that the purchaser's name and information so the correct person get's credit for it. If anyone has something like that I really, really would appreciate it.

BNORCROSS said:
I am need of a fundraiser order form, that has the participant's name and underneath that the purchaser's name and information so the correct person get's credit for it. If anyone has something like that I really, really would appreciate it.

Here's what I used last May as an example. You can modify it anyway you want.

Good luck with your fundraiser!

Attachments

• St Paul's FLP B& W Order Form.doc
    205 KB · Views: 318
chefann said:
Jennifer,

If I actually had something scheduled with these forms, I was planning to write out receipts for the customers. The write-in kind, since entering the orders in PP by order-taker will make printed receipts too confusing.

I don't think you'd be stepping on any toes. If the consultants in those areas didn't already ask, then it's their own fault. You snooze, you lose!

The organization gets $3 for any booking. Just check the "Booking" box in PP, just like a regular show. And it's included by HO in the check. They have no way of knowing if it cancels.

Even though the order would be under the order-taker's name when you submit the show, you would write the customer's name on the write-in receipt? I am just thinking for warranty issues in the future, HO wouldn't have their name on file for the order and the receipts wouldn't match?

I can't wait to offer fundraisers to all of my family far away, thanks for the support! :) :)

jenniferknapp said:
Even though the order would be under the order-taker's name when you submit the show, you would write the customer's name on the write-in receipt? I am just thinking for warranty issues in the future, HO wouldn't have their name on file for the order and the receipts wouldn't match?

Well, I guess you could put the order-taker's name and say that the person who actually ended up with it (the order-placer) got it as a gift.

I guess that I've been lucky in that very few of the people who have ordered stoneware from me have needed to use the warranty. So I forget about the name-matching issue.

That sounds good to me!! I just worry about being legit :) Thanks again for all of your answers.

Have you seen the raffle idea on here? It's under Fundraiser raffles. The organization actually gets 60-65% of the money! They get 50% of the money and then the other 50% goes to shopping sprees. Plus depending on how much that is, plus outside orders and a show-they can get another 10-15%. I think it's much better and everyone loves a free shopping spree. I am getting ready to do one and we are doing $50 shopping sprees at the show based on how many raffle tickets we sell. Everyone seems excited so hopefully it goes well...

JackieZ said:
Have you seen the raffle idea on here? It's under Fundraiser raffles. The organization actually gets 60-65% of the money! They get 50% of the money and then the other 50% goes to shopping sprees. Plus depending on how much that is, plus outside orders and a show-they can get another 10-15%. I think it's much better and everyone loves a free shopping spree. I am getting ready to do one and we are doing $50 shopping sprees at the show based on how many raffle tickets we sell. Everyone seems excited so hopefully it goes well...

Let us know Jackie how it goes. It sounds like a great idea!

Lots of great suggestions.

Jennifer, by all means contact your friends and family. No territories in PC so it is up to us to do the asking.

I think February is an excellent month to do a fundraiser with stoneware but I'm not sure I would like the idea of not giving the discounted price as one of the things I tell everyone about our fundraisers is that they pay the same price as they normally would. I know I would feel cheated as a customer if I found out that I could have received a better deal on my stoneware elsewhere. That is one of the things I point out to people is that if someone really wants to pay a marked up price they can make an additional contribution and take the tax deduction as well.

Don't forget to let people know about the website option as well. This way family across the country can make a purchase and support the organization as well.

I have two groups considering fundraisers for February...yea, double points! Now I just have to clench the deal.

cmdtrgd said:
Ann,

And, what is the C and FV in the order sheet?

C=Cranberry
FV=French Vanilla

MicheleC said:
Lots of great suggestions.Jennifer, by all means contact your friends and family. No territories in PC so it is up to us to do the asking.I think February is an excellent month to do a fundraiser with stoneware but I'm not sure I would like the idea of not giving the discounted price as one of the things I tell everyone about our fundraisers is that they pay the same price as they normally would. I know I would feel cheated as a customer if I found out that I could have received a better deal on my stoneware elsewhere. That is one of the things I point out to people is that if someone really wants to pay a marked up price they can make an additional contribution and take the tax deduction as well.Don't forget to let people know about the website option as well. This way family across the country can make a purchase and support the organization as well.I have two groups considering fundraisers for February...yea, double points! Now I just have to clench the deal.
I am not sure of the idea of "cheating" the customers...but maybe if we have a little note that states that the stoneware is 20% off in february, but in support of the fundraiser for ____, we ask that you pay regular catalog price, and that extra 20% will go to the ____.Not sure if I still like that or not, I haven't decided yet...so I haven't contacted any of my family yet.:confused: I guess it could be an option if a school/org/charity crinches at the normal %.... then you could offer it and leave the decision to them, but still be up front with the customer

There are pros and cons to that. I don't know how it would fly here.

yeah.... I am thinking that I don't feel 100% comfortable with it, especially since I have been dragging my heals...so I don't think I will offer that!

pamperedharriet said:
There are pros and cons to that. I don't know how it would fly here.

PS: I think my cousin is living in Manchester...he went to St. Michael's College and now works at Dealer.Com ...any idea if that is near you? :)

Submit fundraisers by fax...

To avoid the name issue, you can fax in your show. That way, HO has no idea of the names of the purchasers , they just know what products were purchased at that show... So for a warranty issue, HO will only verify that that product was indeed purchased at that show. HTH

CrazyChef said:
To avoid the name issue, you can fax in your show. That way, HO has no idea of the names of the purchasers , they just know what products were purchased at that show... So for a warranty issue, HO will only verify that that product was indeed purchased at that show. HTH

That does help! I never thought of that!! But also, then HO wouldn't be able to sort it out by the order-taker's name either...but then again, that is why the host gets the host special of the month! hmm....

jenniferknapp said:
PS: I think my cousin is living in Manchester...he went to St. Michael's College and now works at Dealer.Com ...any idea if that is near you? :)

I know St Michael's is in Vermont and they have a Manchester. I don't know where dealer.com is. So, do you think he is in NH or VT?

FUNDRAISERS are for the group - not the host, not the consultant. Think of them as a community service, and you're on the right track. Don't fuss about the 'low percentage' - I did a 3K fundraiser 2 years ago where group got $460 in check from PC and another check from me, and I am closing a 2.5K fundraiser held Saturday, in the next day or so.

Get the FR to gain new business and get your name out there. One of my customers was my former Weight Watchers lecturer! She placed an over $200 order!

Don't be down on the company - instead, think of the products, show the products, be the consultant to bring great products to the public. I guarantee if you change your attitude about this, you will bring yourself more business!

CrazyChef said:

That is a great idea!! I didn't even know that we had the option of faxing in a show! What is the fax number? Do you call and verify that the show is received?

pamperedharriet said:
I know St Michael's is in Vermont and they have a Manchester. I don't know where dealer.com is. So, do you think he is in NH or VT?

Oops, I think he is in Manchester VT...haha:p

jenniferknapp said:
Oops, I think he is in Manchester VT...haha:p

No problem, Jennifer.

Honestly... in the fall my kids brought home their fundraiser catalog.... I looked at it and threw it away! It was filled with junk and I refused to try to get my friends to buy any of it. Usually I can find at least 1 thing that looks cute and I'd be willing to spend my money on.... but NO! Not a thing that was worth the over-inflated price.....

I am taking the Pampered Chef fundraising information to our next PAC meeting. I will set it up as cookbooks and spices, but make a note on the fliers that they can purchase from the whole product line. I know the other parents are as frustrated with the fundraisers as I am, so hopefully they'll be open to the new idea!!!

Good luck Celeste. I hope they take you up on it!

I just offered one fundraiser, and I am trying it without pulling the Feb. thing, or giving any of my commission...we'll see how it goes!

jenniferknapp said:
I just offered one fundraiser, and I am trying it without pulling the Feb. thing, or giving any of my commission...we'll see how it goes!

The fundraiser I just got was our standard with no kick ins from me and I am using the stoneware sale to promote sales. I just dropped off the packets today. They are going to sell for about 2 weeks - keep your fingers crossed for me! I will for you too!

jrstephens said:
The fundraiser I just got was our standard with no kick ins from me and I am using the stoneware sale to promote sales. I just dropped off the packets today. They are going to sell for about 2 weeks - keep your fingers crossed for me! I will for you too!

That's awesome, Jennifer! Good luck with it.:)

pamperedharriet said:

No, no...I offered it to a group for the first time! I haven't gotten it YET!;) But I am keeping my fingers crossed..

jenniferknapp said:

I'll be praying for you!:)

pamperedharriet said:

Thanks !!!

jenniferknapp said:
No, no...I offered it to a group for the first time! I haven't gotten it YET!;) But I am keeping my fingers crossed..

I guess I'll have to specify which Jennifer when I post!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedalaska
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pamperedalaska
  • pcladyofms
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • lmradlein