• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aDifferent Way to Do Fundraisers

In summary, at conference a couple of years ago I met someone who said she does fundraisers as a regular cooking show. All the orders are paid in full. She chooses one person to get the "free" product (although that person has paid for their order). By doing it this way the amount that is owed on the show is less than the money collected. She then pays back the difference as the group's earnings-which gets the group around 25% (She makes their cut 25% even if she has to pay a small amount).
mspibb
Gold Member
At conference a couple of years ago I met someone who said she does fundraisers as a regular cooking show. All the orders are paid in full. She chooses one person to get the "free" product (although that person has paid for their order). By doing it this way the amount that is owed on the show is less than the money collected. She then pays back the difference as the group's earnings-which gets the group around 25% (She makes their cut 25% even if she has to pay a small amount)
I really couldn't wrap my head around this but I just took my $1600 fundraiser and created a test cooking show. I entered all the orders into the cooking show. The free product value was $265 for the show. I still had one large order that I put in as the free product value and then took a couple of small items off another order to make the free product come out even. When I took the difference between the total money collected on the fundraiser and subtracted what I would have owed on the cooking show it was $6 from being 25%!
anybody done a fundraiser this way?

You need to be careful doing a show this way because then those products that you put in for the FPV will not be under that persons name for warranty.

I guess the safest thing to do would be choose spices or consumables that don't have a warrenty. AND the order has to be shipped to the consultant for sorting-way too hard to explain to someone else.

What happens if they decide they don't want the item and request a refund? That's what I would worry about.

I've entered the fundraiser as a regular show and got the free stuff for myself. Gave the school a check directly from me and kept the free items to use at fairs for cash/carry.

flemings99 said:
What happens if they decide they don't want the item and request a refund? That's what I would worry about.

I've entered the fundraiser as a regular show and got the free stuff for myself. Gave the school a check directly from me and kept the free items to use at fairs for cash/carry.

This is EXACTLY how I did my last fundraiser. It was for an individual wanting to raise money for his band trip.

I am doing a fundraiser next month and we are doing a cooking show. The host and I will then look at how much free product she is getting and then we are going to create baskets to sell $1 tickets on. Her group will then get all the money that is made on the baskets. We will do theme baskets like.....a basket for someone that likes pizza and put a pizza stone, pizza cutter, pizza dough mix, etc. in the basket. I think I will make some kind of note to put in the basket to contact me if anything happens to a product and the warranty needs to be used. This is my first fundraiser and I am hoping to do well with it. I think the host will be pleased with the total she gets on the $1 tickets too.

Stephanie, will you be sure to post the results of your Fund Raiser, or PM me, with that information. I have done a fund raiser, in anticipation of a Raffle, and we are wondering how much to charge for the tickets? We did it last July when the FPV was 1.5 times usual, and I purchased and donated the Stainless Bowl Set for them which was the Hostess bonus, for $550 plus in products sold. That brought the value of the FREE products plus my donation up to $220.

We are splitting them into 3 Catagories and will put them into baskets for their protection while on display. I'm thinking we might want to raffle one off per day of the event, they are to benefit. If we do it on one day, we will not have repeat customers for the raffle tickets. Just wondering out loud, how to get the most for the group, and at least the full value of the products. [email protected]

So-- you don't "lose any commission" b/c it goes in as a Cooking Show? (F/R pays at only 15% to the consultant)

Scott, that is correct. The group would only have gotten 15% in CASH, so on that $550, it would only amounted to $82.50. I'm normally at 20% commission, so it would have dropped me by $27.50. I felt like a big spender, by donating the Stainless Bowl Set with a value of $79.50, that only cost me $29.80. That in itself should encourage raffle ticket buyers to part with $1 or $2, we hope. The second set is for the Grill Master, and the third set is for the Camper Cook and includes: Quick Stir; Classic Batter bowl; Stainless Whisk; Measure-All cup; Season's Best and a couple of other small items. The value of each set is in the range of $75 + or - .

Last edited:
I would like to know how the fundraiser went. I have several of these that people are wanting to do, but as doing as a funraiser they really don't get much out of it. So I was thinking of doing it as a regular show and raffling off the free product that would be gotten.

Thank you for any info!

bumping.....hey stephanie.....how did that fundraiser go?

ShelbyMichalek said:
This is EXACTLY how I did my last fundraiser. It was for an individual wanting to raise money for his band trip.

That is what I did at our marching band fundraiser last year. Had an open house in my home and invited all of the band parents. I kept the free product and donated my commission check. I may try this years using the free product value towards sales if it works out. I just can't decide between Sept or Oct (hmm, cookware or knives???), because I would take advantage of the 60% off of course!!

I am currently trying to do a fundraiser as a cooking show for August for our NICU reunion party. I proposed using the FPV towards the orders. I told the fundraiser organizer that those orders would be in her name, and she would have to be responsible to take care of warranty issues. I told her to try for at least 1315 in sales, so they will have $315 in free items. I even said if sales reached that much, I would donate a deep covered baker to give to the person with the highest sales total (after all my husband works there). It will only ending up costing me around 50 dollars, because I will add it onto the host's order and use the 30% discount towards it!!

I have a TON of s/s catalogs, so I plan on giving them a lot of catalogs and order forms. I ordered 100, and only opened one pack in addition to the starter pack I got in the changeover box.

I will let you know how it goes!!

I'm confused on one thing. If you do the fundraiser as a show, what if everyone pays with a credit card? How would you do it?

That is what I worried about - unfortunately you couldn't do the fundraiser if that was the case.

I'm doing a few clubs at my daughters high school this fall and I'm having them make checks payable to the club - then having the club make one check to me. Parents trust the fundraiser more that way.

The warranty products will have to come back to me if anyone needs it. With the cost of catalogs and printing supplies - the 15-20% just would not be worth the time of doing them.

The biggest benefit would be the future hostings and addl free product you'll get. Make sure to have the participants promote that! I give them $5 for each booking within 6 months of the end date. I'll let you know how all 3 clubs go.

:chef:

For the NICU fundraiser, I am having everyone pay by cash or check, that way the only credit card orders will be the online ones. I proposed it to them like this, by doing the fundraiser this way and in August (during extra free product month), if they reach 1315 in sales, that is 315 dollars towards their NICU Reunion party. (1000 dollars in sales earns 315 in free products, to calculate how much free product, it has to be subtracted from the total sales).

Plus, the chairperson can take advantage of the 50% off items earned and the 60% off host special. I also told them that I would donate the deep covered baker if sales reached that much, and I would include a copy of Dotty's magic pot book, in a three ring binder and page protectors.

I put a disclaimer on an introduction to that book, giving Dotty full credit for compiling the recipes, and everyone here for contributing recipes. Something about "Many of the recipes were compiled from a Pampered Chef consultant forum. While some were devised by The Pampered Chef Test Kitchens, many were devised by Independent Consultants in their home kitchens. Cooking times may vary, please test for doneness prior to serving. Feel free to change up the recipes to fit your family's taste."

They give tons of stuff to the parents, have drawings, the news usually shows up, and they have it catered.

What is "aDifferent Way to Do Fundraisers"?

"aDifferent Way to Do Fundraisers" is a program offered by Pampered Chef that allows organizations to raise money by selling high-quality kitchen tools and products. It is a unique and fun way to raise funds while also promoting healthy cooking and meal preparation.

How does "aDifferent Way to Do Fundraisers" work?

Organizations can sign up for the program online and receive a unique code to share with their supporters. Supporters can then shop online using the code, and a portion of the sales will go towards the organization's fundraiser. Pampered Chef takes care of all the ordering and shipping, making it a hassle-free fundraising option.

What types of organizations can participate in "aDifferent Way to Do Fundraisers"?

Any type of organization can participate, including schools, sports teams, churches, and non-profit organizations. It is a great fundraising option for both large and small groups.

What products are available for fundraising through "aDifferent Way to Do Fundraisers"?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of kitchen tools and products for fundraising, including cookware, bakeware, kitchen gadgets, and pantry items. There is something for everyone, from beginner cooks to experienced chefs.

How much money can be raised through "aDifferent Way to Do Fundraisers"?

The amount of money that can be raised through this program varies depending on the number of supporters and their purchases. However, organizations can typically earn 15-25% of the sales towards their fundraiser. The more supporters shop, the more money the organization can raise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pmprdprettyinsnj
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
LBotzler
  • Shawnna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies