• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guide to Successful Fundraisers: Tips and Tricks for Maximum Profit

She said she had not thought about that, but weren't really doing booths. I told her that since it was a fundraiser we could just turn my booth into a fundraiser for the Sancutary and explained quickly about how it worked and she said "I like it!" So I have a fundraiser type deal on 9/09/06!!!!!! and even more great news - the sancutary is in a town 15 miles from here but the fundraiser is in Shreveport, which is 30 miles from here and exactly where I WANT MY BUSINESS TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of prayers my way please!:)
cmackey
I would like to start doing fundraisers but am gunshy because I don't know how to do them. I know the organization gets up to 15% on $600 or more. Do you do a really big cooking demonstration, do you send catalogs home with kids (that could be alot of catalogs!) or how? My director says to schedule them first and then she will tell me how to do them!:eek: I want to know what is going on so that I can sell these fundraisers. I mean 15% is already low enough!

Cheryl Mackey
Cooking Pampered Style in LA

FundraisersTrue it is hard to sell PC fundrasiers to organizations looking to make a good amount of profit, the 15% that is offered is not much, but...

I try to sell the products! I mean that is what really matters right. The way I see it is someone can spend $5, $10, $15 or more on a tin of popcorn, gift wrap, discount coupon cards, or even food (donuts, pizza) and then have nothing to show for it afterwards. I mean sure they would have donated to a good cause, but frankly I would like something to show for it after a few days, months, years. Our products have great guarantees, many invaluable uses, and they make perfect gifts for anyone.

Especially around Christmas time Gift certificates to PC are hot! There are also fundraisers where you control what is being sold and offered. You can choose to send kids home with catalogs, and order forms plus a sheet informing those who order about the guest special for the month, plus the $3 credit for booking future shows! That would be lots of catalogs but for a big crowd of kids, I would personally add some incentives to get the kids motivated. $25 Movie card, $25 Toys R Us card, etc depending on age and sales. Could be more, could be less for first in sales, and you could choose a second or third also.
It's all up to you. That's the beauty of our businesses. We can do what is better for us. And we can choose what we want to do with our fundraisers. Cookbooks only, Products $50 and under, Products $40 and under, etc...
Good luck and keep us posted! I am personally going after some schools and cheerleading groups this school season. As for the cooking demo, no you don't really have to do anything different than you usually do. You could even just demo some of the products and have some PC recipes already prepared.

Debbie :D

Well, I found out that this Cat Sancutary is doing a fundraiser at the beginning of September (resuces older cats that cannot perform in circuses, etc) and called the chairperson about setting up a booth. She said she had not thought about that, but weren't really doing booths. I told her that since it was a fundraiser we could just turn my booth into a fundraiser for the Sancutary and explained quickly about how it worked and she said "I like it!" So I have a fundraiser type deal on 9/09/06!!!!!! And even more great news - the sancutary is in a town 15 miles from here but the fundraiser is in Shreveport, which is 30 miles from here and exactly where I WANT MY BUSINESS TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of prayers my way please!:)

I had information on doing a fund-raiser where you sold gift certificates only! It makes a lot of since especially around Christmas time. The organization sells gift certificates for $5, $10, $15 or $20, each person who buys receives their certificate in a PC folder with a catalog enclosed (all from home office). The only downfall I could see is that they had to use the certificates for shopping online, but people do that all the time! The consultant receives commision off the sales of the GC and the organization gets their 15%.

That's a great idea...but I thought gcs had to be at least $20?

I am in the same postion I have had a couple of people mention that they would be interested in doing fundraisers but I am not sure how to approach them.. One is a real estate agent, The other is a pre-school teach at my daughters daycare, and the other one is someone that is a HS student at one of my last parties... what are some suggestions that you can give me.... Thanks!!

Cat Sanctuary fundraiser
cmackey said:
Well, I found out that this Cat Sancutary is doing a fundraiser at the beginning of September (resuces older cats that cannot perform in circuses, etc) and called the chairperson about setting up a booth. She said she had not thought about that, but weren't really doing booths. I told her that since it was a fundraiser we could just turn my booth into a fundraiser for the Sancutary and explained quickly about how it worked and she said "I like it!" So I have a fundraiser type deal on 9/09/06!!!!!! And even more great news - the sancutary is in a town 15 miles from here but the fundraiser is in Shreveport, which is 30 miles from here and exactly where I WANT MY BUSINESS TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lots of prayers my way please!:)
That is wonderful! Hope it goes real well for you and them!!!!It could mean repeat business for you all the way around!!!! Keep us posted on how it goes next weekend!

PC Gift Certificates
clucero said:
I had information on doing a fund-raiser where you sold gift certificates only! It makes a lot of since especially around Christmas time. The organization sells gift certificates for $5, $10, $15 or $20, each person who buys receives their certificate in a PC folder with a catalog enclosed (all from home office). The only downfall I could see is that they had to use the certificates for shopping online, but people do that all the time! The consultant receives commision off the sales of the GC and the organization gets their 15%.

Our gift certificates from PC start at $20 and increase in increments of $5. Those get set from HO with a catalog and have to be redeemed only through PC. At that point you would get commission from the sale of the gift certificates as usual and the fundraiser would get their check based on the sale of the gift certificates.

If you sell your own Gift Certificates you can make them any denomination you want and then you would have to pay out of your pocket the amount that should be returned to the fundraiser at the time the fundraiser closes and they get there products and check from PC. You wouldn't get any commission until the person who bought the gift certificate redeems it back to you personally.

Well, the fundraiser was kinda of a disappointment. I only did about 250 on the day. I had two people order. I ended up with a migraine that I was able to work through. But, I got two leads. Not a lot, but more than I had before. Hopefully something will come of it. The entire show ended up about 453.00 and the lady is very thankful for the amount she will get for the Sanctuary. I also got two bookings this week that I added to the show!

Cheryl Mackey
Making your life less stressful in the kitchen

People need to be educated. My church has an annual craft and art fair, and I've had a booth there for three or four years now. People are beginning to expect to see me there, and some people come to the fair specifically for my TPC booth. Everyone benefits.

If this is an annual event - keep going back.

Fundraiser questionsHas anybody out there done a fundraiser for a swim team? I was wondering how to go about getting a great fundraiser started. Any and all tips welcome!

Does anyone have...A "formal proposal" time list/sheet for a board of directors or chairperson? I have some privatly funded companies that would like more info about our fundraising? :confused:
thanks

Fundraising IdeasHi All- just reading through some of the Fundraising emails. I'm doing my first two fundraisers next week. One is at a Catholic School for a "Home Party Night". They invited about 7 vendors-we each pay $25.00 for a booth and table. Then they invite parents, friends, family, staff and public to come and shop to earn money for the school. My director gave me some great ideas such as putting up a flier and giving a hand out which explains how they can give my website info to other friends/family to shop as a part of the fundraiser. Hopefully- you get additional outside orders that build up the total sales. Also I'll be putting up a big flier about booking a show to add $3.00 to the schools earnings. My second show is a fundraiser for a church. I'll be doing a no cook demo using the Antipasto Pizza from Season's Best. I'll bake the crust at home and then do a quick demo to make the topping. Same deal here about getting outside orders and I wrote the chairperson a letter detailing everything for her and how she can help raise more money. I've attached the letter and the flier I'll be using. I'll let you know how it goes :)

Attachments

• Fundraiser details letter.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 531
  • Fundraising Explanation Letter.doc
    29 KB · Views: 403
I had a fundraiser last year with a past host. Her daughter was in 5th grade, and the school she attends has a trip for 5th graders each year. They hold some fundraisers to help with the cost of the trip for the kids in the class who couldn't otherwise afford to go.

I put together some information for each child to take home: a catalog, a couple of outside order forms, the monthly special and an introductory letter. I also offered a special prize to each student who collected $150 or more in orders (I put together treat bags with microwave popcorn, gum, Goldfish crackers, and a My Safe Cutter). Yes, it was a lot of catalogs (more than 50), but there was no way I was going to get orders without having literature out. I also set up the fundraiser online so people could place orders there (especially out of town family).

Paula, the mom in charge, used the parental contact list to send email invitations (through my PWS) to all the parents, and we also passed out postcard invitations at school. We booked the clubhouse at Paula's complex, so that people who wanted to could come see the products. I did a real cooking show for those who showed up. Unfortunately, there was little attendance at the live show. I think it would have been higher if it had been held at the school.

But it ended up being about $1200 in sales, which was $180 for the class trip. I only had to put together 3 of the goodie bags, which ended up costing me less than $20 total. And remember, anything you purchase as an incentive is deductable as a business/promotional expense.

A good way to talk up the fundraiser (especially when people start complaining that it's only 15%) is that the total sales are usually higher, so the group makes the same amount. Someone will buy 1 $2 candy bar and the group gets $1. But that same person may purchase a $29 Food Chopper, which is far more practical, and the group will get $4.35.

Wow! This is great info...Now I just have to find a picture I WANT to show all of you for my Avatar. :p

Can any of you please give me feedback on my sheet attached?

I love the cover letter sheet that Susan posted ~ thanks!

Does anyone have a prize sheet that I can use or taylor to my needs?

I don't know what I would do w/o this site!

SMOOCHES to all of you!:)

Attachments

• cover sheet.doc
    31.5 KB · Views: 373
Looks good to me Keri. Let us know how it works out.

tlennhoff said:
Looks good to me Keri. Let us know how it works out.

Thanks... Have to go get it now... :eek:

Related to Guide to Successful Fundraisers: Tips and Tricks for Maximum Profit

1. How do I get started with a fundraiser through Pampered Chef?

To get started with a fundraiser through Pampered Chef, you can either contact a local Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to locate a consultant near you. They will be able to guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have.

2. How much money can be raised through a Pampered Chef fundraiser?

The amount of money that can be raised through a Pampered Chef fundraiser varies, as it is dependent on factors such as the number of participants, the products sold, and the length of the fundraiser. On average, our fundraisers raise between $500-$1000.

3. Are there any upfront costs or fees associated with hosting a fundraiser through Pampered Chef?

No, there are no upfront costs or fees associated with hosting a fundraiser through Pampered Chef. We provide all the necessary materials and support to make your fundraiser a success at no cost to you.

4. Can we customize our fundraiser with specific Pampered Chef products?

Yes, you can customize your fundraiser with specific Pampered Chef products. Our consultants will work with you to create a product list that aligns with your fundraising goals and preferences.

5. How long does a Pampered Chef fundraiser typically last?

Our fundraisers usually last between 2-4 weeks, but the length can be adjusted to fit your needs. Our consultants will work with you to determine the best timeline for your fundraiser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
3girls
  • MissyPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
keyssizzler
  • raebates