• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting Creative: Exploring New Ways to Book Shows

In summary, WW is a paid service that can be expensive to use. It is also possible to generate little to no business from it if you do not follow up with people.
AJ-1
Has anyone ever done this? Maybe put in a flyer or mini catalogue? Is the cost high to do something like this?

Just curious. I'm in a slump with no shows on my radar. I've done everything....the huge list of things to do to get shows and not one is booked :( So now I'm trying to get creative.

Thanks!

I have read some threads on here of people doing it before. We do not have a Welcome Wagon in my town. I used to do it for my Massage Therapy business and offered a free half hour massage. For PC - I think I remember people offering a small gift certificate, business card, and current catalogue.

You DO pay per person that WW visits - at that time it was $2.50 per visit - so they would usually visit about 10 per month. I got business out of it - but that was completely different than PC.

You also have a sign a contract for a certain period of time.

I've done the welcome wagon trade show, they want you to donate catalougs and a small gift to each person that comes, also a door prise gift, and you have to pay for your table, and at the end of the show, they email you a list of all the guests with their contact info, this also cost you an aditional 2.50 per name. It gets quite costly and I have not gotten very good results from the contact list, people tend to not leave correct contact info if they know that the venders are going to be calling them.

I know the feeling with having nothing on the radar, I am there as well. I know welcome wagon is quite costly. I have thought of doing fundraiser's and Farmer's market stuff for contacts and bookings, these I find are the hardest...good luck

AJ-1 - I wouldn't suggest WW because you are signed into a contract (I think it is 9 months or so) - so you have to put out quite a bit of money with potentially NO return.

I agree with Stafani, and plus, most people with welcome wagon that are using their service do not know that many people and are scared to ' make a commitment ' for a party

OH YES - GOOD POINT, TIG! That would be a MAJOR concern for most people that are NEW to town/city.

I've done WW in the past - would not do it again. In Canada it is $2.50/ visit, whether the hostess goes through the package or just drops it off... So she might not do a great "commercial" for you, you never know. You MUST follow up with everyone or you won't get any business from it - I had regular open houses and invited all my welcome wagon people to them... Some months there are 15 visits, others ther eare 60 - that is a lot of money out the door, depending how eager the hostess is...

1. How can I get creative in booking shows?

There are many ways to get creative when booking shows for your Pampered Chef business. Some ideas include hosting a themed party, collaborating with other local businesses, offering exclusive discounts or freebies for guests who book a show, and utilizing social media to reach a wider audience.

2. What if I'm not good at coming up with creative ideas?

Don't worry, creativity is not a natural talent for everyone. You can always reach out to your Pampered Chef team or search online for inspiration. You can also ask your customers for suggestions or feedback on what types of shows they would be interested in attending.

3. How can I make sure my creative ideas are successful?

The key to a successful creative show idea is to make sure it aligns with your target audience. Think about what your customers would enjoy and what would entice them to attend. You can also test out your ideas with a small group of friends or family before implementing them with larger groups.

4. How often should I try new creative ways to book shows?

It's important to always be open to new ideas and constantly try new things to keep your business fresh and exciting. You don't have to completely overhaul your booking strategy, but incorporating new ideas every few months can help keep your customers engaged and interested.

5. Can I still use traditional methods of booking shows?

Of course! Traditional methods, such as hosting in-home parties or reaching out to friends and family, can still be effective in booking shows. It's all about finding a balance between traditional and creative methods to reach a wider audience and keep your business thriving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • stefani2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
stefani2
  • chefgirlrd