• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Expert Tips for Your First Fundraiser - Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk

address. Products will ship to you, but the check will go to the organization in CA.Hosts of FR don't get host benefits, except for the host special. You won't get credit for your fundraising efforts on the show if you spend over $600.
elizabethfox
Gold Member
This is my first fundraiser, and I need some help getting it all figured out.

My friend in Conneticut is walking in the Breast Cancer 3 Day in Boston, in August I think. She wanted to do a fundraiser to raise money for her walk. We have been chatting about it on and off for the past few months, and she decided to do it in May when the HWC items are availiable for sale.

I just set the show up in P3 and it asked for the organizations name. She told me to put Breast Cancer 3 Day. So my first question is when the fundraiser check is written, will it be written in the chairpersons name "Jenn N." or the organization's name " Breast Cancer 3 Day"?

Second question...she also said there is some kind of donation form that needs to be filled out. I am going to have her send it to me so I can see what it is all about, but I wondered if anyone else has encountered this and if so what you put on the donation form.

Also all of the items will be shipped to the chairperson to distribute to the customers just like at a cooking show unless they choose to have it direct shipped right??

Ok all my questions for now....probably will have more later! :D

I have a Fundraiser Show in May for someone who is doing the Breast Cancer 3 Day in Dallas. The check will be made out to "Susan G Komen Foundation" - which is who the form is from.

Just to clarify, that is different than the American Cancer Society. So, it has to be a regular Fundraiser Show (not a HWC Fundraiser). But the HWC products will still help encourage the sales!

Yes, the products will ship to her to distribute. Unless she has out-of-towners who want direct shipping...which I would encourage so she can get the most out of her Fundraiser!

One last little tip - I am encouraging my host to try to have each of her friends bring an outside. It's an easy way to boost sales, which will help get her the larger percentage (and hopefully also help you to sell more HWC products)!

HTH :D

I've had several people do fundraisers for walks. The check would need to be made out to the organization doing the walk, so the "Susan G Komen Foundation" or "The Avon Foundation" - whichever the walk is for. A check will actually be cut from PC to that organization and it will be sent to the fundraiser organizer to submit. I never had to deal with any forms. She'll just treat it as any check that comes in as a donation.

Just FYI and to clarify further, if it's during May, don't mark that it's a Help Whip Cancer fundraiser. Your fundraiser will generate a 10% donation of total sales if it's under $600 in sales and 15% if it's over $600 in sales. The other donation amounts that you may have seen are only for HWC fundraisers. I just wanted to clarify because I know some people are confused by that. Also, hosts of FR don't get host benefits, except for the host special. That's the only thing they get as a host benefit. Also, any bookings from a fundraiser generate at $3 donation to the organization, but the host does not get the booking bonus in the future month. Hope that all makes sense! :D

Ok ...yeah I just put it in as a regular fundraiser.

AND I will find out who the donation form is from so I know what organization to list.

Thanks!

I am in the middle of my first fundraiser for Autism Speaks, and i am confused too. I am using Pampered Partner . . . when setting the show up in the computer, on the Organization page, do i put the main address for the organization (in CA) and put my info on an order page and check the chairperson box? And the products will ship to me, but the check will go directly to the organization in CA? How do i make sure HO notates on the check that this fundraising money if for me, as a walker in the event?
Sorry so many questions, i just don't wont the products to be shipped to CA, not do i not want to receive credit for my fundraising efforts ~ especially since i spent so much $$ on the open house event this past weekend.

Hi, Greta!In P3 you can indicate on the Organization page on line one of the Address,
"as from Greta Inoklahoma #X738" whatever your ID number with them is, then on Line 2 for Address put the rest of the Organization's California address.HO will print that info as the first address line on the check.

Thanks Scott, that's exactly what i needed to know!

I think I've got my answers from reading below, but if someone can verify, I'd really be grateful:
1. Host for Fundraiser show only guests host special. Not the host benefits (free product, etc.)
2. Shows booked do not count for the host when the show is held.
3. Once I submit the show, the products go to the host and PC takes care of distributing the check to the organization (ACS). It's my first. :)

You're almost correct, Beth.
A FR host can get the monthly host bonus. That's the only host benefit they get, but they can get the guest special for the month also.
Because they get $3 for each booking, there is no booking benefit.
And, yes, HO takes care of the check (for HWC shows. Checks for non-HWC FRs go to the host, in the name of the organization).

I have another question.. fundraisers 101 here...
Does it state anywhere how much the chek will be for ahead of time?? I know I can figure out the percent, but it doesnt say it on the thankyou letter. Any ideas?? THanks!
Nicole

1. What is the "Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk" fundraiser?

The Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk is a three-day fundraising event organized by the Susan G. Komen Foundation to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research, education, and support programs.

2. How can I participate in the Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk?

You can participate in the Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk by registering as a walker on the Susan G. Komen website and committing to raise a minimum amount of funds. You can also join an existing team or create your own team for the event.

3. What are some tips for a successful fundraiser for the Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk?

Some tips for a successful fundraiser include setting a fundraising goal, creating a compelling story to share with potential donors, utilizing social media to reach a larger audience, and offering incentives or rewards for donations.

4. How can Pampered Chef help with my fundraiser for the Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of high-quality kitchen products that can be used as incentives for donors or sold at a profit to raise funds for the Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk. We also provide fundraising resources and support to help make your event a success.

5. Are there any specific Pampered Chef products that are recommended for fundraising for the Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk?

Yes, some of our most popular products for fundraising include our limited edition pink products, which are specifically designed to support breast cancer research and awareness. Our stoneware and cookware sets are also great options for fundraising as they are high quality and in-demand kitchen items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
elizabethfox
  • elijahstrust
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
elijahstrust