• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Breast Cancer 3-Day Team Fundraiser ??

In summary, the speaker's team of three people is participating in a breast cancer 3-day walk and planning a PC fundraiser in March. They have decided to do the fundraiser as a cooking show, but are unsure if the money will only be able to go into one person's account. They discuss the possibility of splitting the commission earned between the three of them. The speaker also mentions that the checks for the fundraiser will be made out to the organization, and that they can submit three separate fundraiser orders to ensure each member of the team receives a check. They also share their personal experience with a previous fundraiser they did for a local festival. Finally, one of the speakers shares their personal experience with the 3-day walk and offers to give away extra
thecougchef
my team (3 people) is doing the breast cancer 3 day & we are doing a PC fundraiser in march.

-i know it would make more sense to do it in may but we are doing a masquerade ball on june 6th & we want our donors to not feel bombarded 2 months in a row. but i will have HWC info out at our march fundraiser in case people want to book HWC fundraisers in may!-

anyway .. my question is - if i do this as a 'cooking show fundraiser' and we get the 15% commission, would the money only be able to go into one of our accounts? each of us has to earn $2300 in order to participate in the walk.

would it be better for me to just do it as a regular cooking show & then split up the commission that i earn between the 3 of us?

i want to make sure we will each be able to earn money off of it, not just one person. anyone have a solution??

Yes, if you submit it as one fundraiser, it only goes to one of you. Since it is something for YOU, it may make sense to do a cooking show. That's what I would do. Then you could even raffle off the host benefits (stuff you pick out)!

I would think that they check would be made out to one of you.... then you could divide among the other 2. I am walking too. What is the date of your event? Mine is August 14, 15,16.

Have you started training yet?

PCMelissa said:
I would think that they check would be made out to one of you.... then you could divide among the other 2. I am walking too. What is the date of your event? Mine is August 14, 15,16.

Have you started training yet?

can you have them make a check out to a specific person?? i thought the check had to be made out to an organization. i know when i did a fundraiser last year for our local festival, the check was made out to "the daffodil festival and meghan swanlund." i never heard anything from the festival so im assuming they had no problem depositing it..

our event in seattle is sept 11, 12, 13. ive been walking my dogs at night for a mile. i just got my packet in the mail the other day & it was suggesting 3 miles per day! if i do that - i have to not take my pups with me. after one mile with them, im ready to go insane!

I believe that it would be made out the the fundraiser name (that checks are to be made payable to). You then send them in, but I don't BELIEVE the checks can be split. Seems like I read that? It should NOT be able to be cashed by you as an individual since we could all just do fundraisers for individuals if we wanted. I could be wrong.

The checks are made out to the organization. If you've got a group, you can submit 3 separate FRs, so that each of you get a check. Put each walker's friends and family on their FR, and then split up the rest of the orders to make the shows even (or close, at least). The only drawback to doing this is that you'll need $1800 or more for each walker to reach $600 in sales to get the higher percentage.

I did the 3-Day walk back in 2002 when it was still Avon. We put together a cookbook as a fundraiser, but never ended up selling most of them (if I remember right there were 250 total). I have two boxes in my basement, just taking up space. They're titled "The Pink Divas' Cookbook" and contain around 200 recipes with dedications from those who submitted the recipes. We were selling them for about $6.25 each.

I'd be willing to send them just for the price of shipping if anyone's interested in taking them off my hands. PM me if you are, and I'll find out how much shipping would be.

Congrats on doing the 3-Day Walk. I walked in October in Washington DC. It was an amazing experience. I was thinking of doing it again this year, but I don't know if I could raise the money this time. Maybe I'll be on the crew.

Lisa Meehan

chefann said:
The checks are made out to the organization. If you've got a group, you can submit 3 separate FRs, so that each of you get a check. Put each walker's friends and family on their FR, and then split up the rest of the orders to make the shows even (or close, at least). The only drawback to doing this is that you'll need $1800 or more for each walker to reach $600 in sales to get the higher percentage.

hmmm. looks like ive got some numbers to crunch & ill need my other two "hosts" to get LOTS of outside orders...

What is the "Breast Cancer 3-Day Team Fundraiser"?

The Breast Cancer 3-Day Team Fundraiser is an annual event organized by Pampered Chef to raise money for breast cancer research and support programs. It involves a 3-day, 60-mile walk where participants can join as individuals or teams and collect donations from friends, family, and the community.

How do I sign up for the "Breast Cancer 3-Day Team Fundraiser"?

You can sign up for the fundraiser by visiting the official website and filling out the registration form. You can join as an individual or create a team with friends or coworkers. There is a registration fee, and each participant is required to meet a minimum fundraising goal.

Can I participate if I am unable to walk the entire 60 miles?

Yes, you can still participate in the fundraiser even if you are unable to walk the entire 60 miles. There are options for one-day or two-day participation, and you can also volunteer to help with the event. You can also reach out to the event organizers for alternative ways to get involved.

Where does the money raised from the fundraiser go?

All the money raised from the Breast Cancer 3-Day Team Fundraiser goes to support breast cancer research and support programs. This includes funding for innovative research, providing access to mammograms for those in need, and supporting women and men facing a breast cancer diagnosis.

Are there any incentives for top fundraisers?

Yes, there are incentives for top fundraisers, such as exclusive Pampered Chef products, event merchandise, and recognition on the official website. Additionally, the top individual and team fundraisers will be invited to a special celebration event after the fundraiser.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • elijahstrust
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
elijahstrust
  • cnarf77
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies