• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are you ready to make strides against breast cancer?

In summary, the walk is to raise money for breast cancer. The more money that is raised, the more benefits that are given to the walkers. The walk is on October 25th and is free to join.
Oklabell
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Who is walking where??? I just signed up for Atlanta. I am doing a fundraiser walk for Alzheimer's on the 11th but I am going to try my best to raise money for this one as well.

BTW-I do a walk a few times a year and if you need help on ideas to raise money other than doing a show let me know. Last year I did the 3-day so I had to raise $2200. A lot to retailers and resturant will do fundraiser days and it is a great way to raise a lot of money with out it costing you anything but time.

Yes, I have a team for the walk in Nashville. We have raised $350 so far!

Yes, I am in Sacramento, CA

No, Relay for Life is big around here and if u mentioned doing something else, people will say they do Relay already.

Just got an email from my director about it...I'm not sure how it works....is there a specific $ amount you need to raise?

No specific amount, but the more you raise, the more likely you are to get special recognition.I'm leading a team for the Detroit walk.

Anyone that has their team set up,
I signed up a team for other consultants in my cluster to join (and anyone else that we get to join) but when I look at the team type it shows "Independent Pampered Chef consultant". The drop down shows a PC Friends&Family Choice above that, and a PC Home office choice too.
What does your team type show as? I'm trying to figure out it I did it all right or not. I don't see my team name when I look under the list of PC teams in the National list. Should we see them there?

Thanks.

My team is Ind. PC Consultant. I think it shows on the list of teams. HO has been sending out hats to consultants who are signed up. I got mine this morning. It's pink and black, and matches the making strides items that Merrill has available.

I am just letting you know of an opportunity I am doing. Macy's and Belk's department stores have a charity event. You get tickets/coupons to sell for the event both are for 20% off your purchase for $5 and you keep the money. It is at no cost to you. The main reason I am doing it is because both stores allow you to come on that day and set-up a table about your charity and sell these coupon directly to the customer in the store. Now I am not doing a Pampered Chef table just focusing on the charity. (but I may have some catalogs under the table)

It also gets you in contact for other charities that need funds. But you can raise about $400 dollars on that day. This is just a idea on raising money not really on PC business. The Macy's one is call "shop for a cause" and it is going to be on Sept. 20th. Belk's has not annouced the date yet but it usually is in Oct. Different stores have different rules but all of them are willing to work with you.

Also some resturants will give you a % of sales for a day. I know I have got Applebee's to do one for me. Shane's Rib Shack and Chick-fil-a will do it as well. Most of them will let you post a flyer or information about the charity and will post your contact information.

Just a little info on raising funds for a great cause!!!

Ok, I was trying to figure out what this thing was all about, and I've been lost.

But I"m in Nashville too ArmyWyf! So apparently we have a walk?

I've been looking for a Fall 5k to run - this sounds better! And I like the Macy's plan -- we have some of those in this area. Will definitely dig!

EDIT: I went to CC and can't find anything about it under Charitable Giving. Am I the only one who finds our website incredibly difficult to navigate? Or am I just dumb?

We do, on October 25th starting at LP Field, In CC go to Promoting Your Business then to About Our Charitable Giving Programs then to Help Whip Cancer, there is a link to the Making Strides walk... Hope this helps! Would be great to see you there!

I have found the info on the walk in CC but still have questions. I know that there is no min. amount to raise. Can our friends and family walk with us or is it just for PC consultants? I read somewhere that it is 5 miles. Do we all walk together? (at the same time)
Sorry I need a little clarification! Thanks in advance!

HERE LISA!

It's only 3.1 miles. I've never done this before b/c I'm big into Relay ... however, this year my clustermate is doing a team. She said we should all have our own teams with the same title so we can all get recognition at conference. Not sure if I'm joining them or not!

Thanks so much Di!
I don't know why I couldn't find this page but it is what I needed. I'm kind of in a funk this week, we had the stomach flu last week and ever since then I've been in the worst mood and I don't think the heat is helping.
Thanks for your help!

Well it's done! I formed my team and sent out a ton of e-mails this morning!

Will anyone else be walking in Akron?

The closest walk to me is in Charlotte and that's about and hour or more from here. I really HATE Charlotte traffic, so I can't do that one. Is there any way to start a walk here? I know we have a ton of consultants in the area that would probably participate. I guess I should call my director and ask her.

I know you probably could. Look on CC for a phone # for ACS.

After the kick off breakfast here in Ann Arbor, I formed the P3 team (perky pampered partners, or whatever we want to call ourselves!!). I know a woman who owns a bar who is going to sell the pink ribbon cards that we got at the kickoff for us at her bar. That should help a bunch.

Plus this am at my BNI group, a woman from the AA Women's City Club asked me if I wanted to do a "pink" table at their Oct Tea and Table event (it's another fund raiser for breast cancer). I can't sell anything, but I can promote PC. So now I just to round enough pink dot stuff to set a table.

Was hoping that HO would give us a sneak peak at what will be available on-line for Oct. I would think past HWC items, but who knows, maybe something new?? And anything I could use on the table would be great.

And I haven't gotten my hat yet. I signed up for that probably close to a week ago. Maybe today???

I have signed up to captain a team for our cluster! I'm so excited. I totally needed some motivation to get my butt excercising.

In my first 90 days I earned $450 PC, level 2 SAT, 5 paychecks, and 12 extra pounds! How come that isn't in the recruiting materials????

Too Funny!

Can we get the pink ribbon cards you are talking about or do we need to make them?

buckeyefan08 said:
Too Funny!

Can we get the pink ribbon cards you are talking about or do we need to make them?

I got the pink ribbon cards at the kickoff breakfast here in Ann Arbor. As corporate sponsors (or whatever PC is) I got a big bag with cards, signs, pins, a tee shirt, the pink ribbon cards, etc. I am sure if you contacted your local AMS, or even go on line, they could help you.

I'm meeting with the Detroit coordinator tomorrow morning, since I missed the kickoff breakfast. She said she has a bag of stuff for me, so I'm hoping those cards will be in there. I've already gotten some response from the business cards I had printed at VistaPrint. Yay!

I signed up my team this evening for the walk at Jacksonville Beach...it takes place October 11th. I've sent out emails to my close friends and family, and will include it when I send out my September newsletter, too, so that customers can be invited to join me as well. Can't wait to get my hat! :) We do Relay here every year, so this will be a new experience for me to try out. Thank goodness it's only a 5K! :)

Oklabell said:
Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Who is walking where??? I just signed up for Atlanta. I am doing a fundraiser walk for Alzheimer's on the 11th but I am going to try my best to raise money for this one as well.

BTW-I do a walk a few times a year and if you need help on ideas to raise money other than doing a show let me know. Last year I did the 3-day so I had to raise $2200. A lot to retailers and resturant will do fundraiser days and it is a great way to raise a lot of money with out it costing you anything but time.

I'm in Alaska and we don't have a walk, I would love some ideas besides the PC Fundraiser... tia!

akggirl said:
I'm in Alaska and we don't have a walk, I would love some ideas besides the PC Fundraiser... tia!

Maybe you could co a virtual walk??????

Turn it into a PC party and fundraiser. Something like "walk over to the fundraiser"??

Another idea, a progressive party fundraiser???

chefann said:
I'm meeting with the Detroit coordinator tomorrow morning, since I missed the kickoff breakfast. She said she has a bag of stuff for me, so I'm hoping those cards will be in there.

I've already gotten some response from the business cards I had printed at VistaPrint. Yay!

I am sure it's the same bag I have. Plus you get a free shirt!!

When is the Detroit walk?? We are Oct 18 here in Ann Arbor. I was talking about it at my BNI meeting this am and the tile guy and the contractor guy were laughing so hard they want to walk with me, just for the fun of it! I told him there were no cocktails on the walk and Joe offered to bring a flask!! You can see the type of crowd I run/walk with!!

If there are any consultants close to Ann Arbor who don't want to head to the Detroit area, I would love to have you. We are not speed walkers. I just had my knee operated on and our token survivor on our team refuses to run or speed walk. We are more like strollers who want to enjoy the day. Come stroll with the P3'ers!!

Now, if I just got my hat I would be rolling.

Last edited:
The rep from the ACS called me today but she just talked about paperwork she would send. I like the idea of the cards to buy! People wouldn't mind spending a dollar but might not want to do anymore. Maybe the rep is sending more but just wants it to be a suprise! I know some of you got these bags at the kick off but for those of you who got them later, is it the team leader kit you can request?

I'm the team Captain for the Pink Pampered People, will be walking in Raleigh NC. You have a choice between walking 3 miles or 5 I'm going for 5 and made my goal to raise $1000 for every mile. Already at $500 only $4500 to go.

Jennifer
Future Director
Only 2 to go

PamperChefCarol said:
Another idea, a progressive party fundraiser???

What's this?

I do have friends and family all over the states, I guess I could try an online/email PC Fundraiser...

akggirl said:
What's this?

I do have friends and family all over the states, I guess I could try an online/email PC Fundraiser...

Keep in mind that I am making this up as I go...

a progressive party fundraiser could be a series od fundraier cooking shows, each one building sales onto the last one. Or maybe several, at different locations on the sale night, or same weekend. Like I said, I am making this up as I go.

Totally off topic, but every time I see this thread title, I think it's talking abut promoting to director and walking the stage at conference!

ChefBeckyD said:
Totally off topic, but every time I see this thread title, I think it's talking abut promoting to director and walking the stage at conference!

LOL... yes, but that is my plan, too!!!

it's all about the walk.

IAmChefJ said:
I have signed up to captain a team for our cluster! I'm so excited. I totally needed some motivation to get my butt excercising.

In my first 90 days I earned $450 PC, level 2 SAT, 5 paychecks, and 12 extra pounds! How come that isn't in the recruiting materials????

those 12 are like the freshman 15---watch out---Occupational hazard trying all the good recipes--
\Congrats of your success---

PamperChefCarol said:
I am sure it's the same bag I have. Plus you get a free shirt!!

When is the Detroit walk?? We are Oct 18 here in Ann Arbor. I was talking about it at my BNI meeting this am and the tile guy and the contractor guy were laughing so hard they want to walk with me, just for the fun of it! I told him there were no cocktails on the walk and Joe offered to bring a flask!! You can see the type of crowd I run/walk with!!

If there are any consultants close to Ann Arbor who don't want to head to the Detroit area, I would love to have you. We are not speed walkers. I just had my knee operated on and our token survivor on our team refuses to run or speed walk. We are more like strollers who want to enjoy the day. Come stroll with the P3'ers!!

Now, if I just got my hat I would be rolling.
The Detroit walk is also the 18th. It's on Belle Isle in the Detroit River, which is such a pretty park. Thanks for the offer, but I already have a couple of friends who are thinking of joining me and I'm going to start really marketing it come September. I do have some customers in AA/Ypsi, so I might direct them to your team if they want to walk, just so they don't have to drive all morning to get to the walk and back. Thanks!

PamperChefCarol said:
After the kick off breakfast here in Ann Arbor, I formed the P3 team (perky pampered partners, or whatever we want to call ourselves!!). I know a woman who owns a bar who is going to sell the pink ribbon cards that we got at the kickoff for us at her bar. That should help a bunch.

I just got home from picking up my team leader bag, and there were no pink ribbon cards, although there is a bag of the pins that we could get at Conference. I'm going to put together a logo for my team, and use the "we can get it on the shirts for free" as an incentive to get people to walk.

I did mention to the woman that I'm a consultant and that HO had a signup at conference. I gave her the card that I put together at VistaPrint, and she wanted to keep it in case she decides to have a show. :)

chefann said:
The Detroit walk is also the 18th. It's on Belle Isle in the Detroit River, which is such a pretty park. Thanks for the offer, but I already have a couple of friends who are thinking of joining me and I'm going to start really marketing it come September. I do have some customers in AA/Ypsi, so I might direct them to your team if they want to walk, just so they don't have to drive all morning to get to the walk and back. Thanks!

Oh Ann, I wasn't implying you could walk with us (even though you could if you really wanted to) as I recalled you saying that you were forming a team. I was just putting the thought out for any other consultants reading the thread who didn't want to go to Detroit or were closer to me. Pardon the lack of clarity, even though for me it's pretty much my lifestyle!

No problem, Carol! I was probably half asleep when I read your post and misinterpreted it anyway. :)

Is this package something specific to PC or is it for all teams participating in the Making Strides Walk?

I want to sound like I know what I'm talking about when I call my local office.

Tia!

J.

It's for all team leaders. Ask for the Team Leader pack.

Mention PC when you ask. As I recall, there were separate bags for leaders and then those involved in a participating company.

Really? The woman I spoke to today didn't mention that. Maybe I'll call her next week.

PamperChefCarol said:
Keep in mind that I am making this up as I go...

a progressive party fundraiser could be a series od fundraier cooking shows, each one building sales onto the last one. Or maybe several, at different locations on the sale night, or same weekend. Like I said, I am making this up as I go.

Oooh... I get it... I like it!:thumbup::thumbup:

I am walking in Ann Arbor on the 18th. Our team is the Pampered Chicks:D

I still haven't gotten my hat yet :( but I am sure it will be on it's way soon!

Speaking of hats... has anyone gotten theirs yet??

I did! It's cute! I posted a pic in another thread. There was one in this week's Newswire, too.

There isn't a walk in Kansas City! If someone knows of one, please IM me. I don't know if I will be checking this thread.

Hi all, I'm in a small town. No walks around us. Was wondering more about the "Virtual Walk"? How does that work. I thought I saw something in one of the pcwires but now can't find it. I am putting together a show to help raise money. Just wondering how else I could help?
Holly

scrapnL8 said:
Hi all, I'm in a small town. No walks around us. Was wondering more about the "Virtual Walk"? How does that work. I thought I saw something in one of the pcwires but now can't find it. I am putting together a show to help raise money. Just wondering how else I could help?
Holly

A virtual walk is where you don't physically walk but you raise money. When you raise $100, you get a t shirt from the ACS.

I got a call for ACS and the rep said she was sending me the kit and hasn't come yet! I got my hat but thats it. I've also only had one person join my team. I'm getting a little discouraged.:(

1. Who is walking in the "Are you ready to make strides against breast cancer?" event?

The "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" event is open to anyone who wishes to participate. People of all ages, genders, and abilities are welcome to join the walk and help raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research and support.

2. Where is the event taking place?

The "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" event takes place in various locations across the country. You can search for a specific location on the official website or contact your local Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

3. Can I participate in multiple fundraising walks or events?

Yes, you can participate in as many fundraising walks or events as you like. Many people choose to support multiple causes and organizations, and it is encouraged to do so if you are able.

4. How can I raise money for the breast cancer event?

Aside from doing a Pampered Chef show, there are many other ways to raise money for the "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer" event. Some ideas include hosting a bake sale, organizing a garage sale, or asking local businesses to participate in a fundraiser day where a portion of their sales go towards your fundraising goals.

5. How can I get involved in the event if I am unable to walk?

If you are unable to walk in the event, there are still ways to get involved and support the cause. You can donate directly to the event or to a participant, volunteer to help with event logistics, or spread awareness by sharing information about the event and breast cancer on social media.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • sarahsellcm
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies