• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gaining Bookings as a Stay-at-Home Mom: Advice Needed

In summary, the conversation was about finding new ways to get bookings for Pampered Chef shows. Suggestions included offering booking incentives, doing customer care calls, mentioning the HWC specials, and appealing to the reasons why people book shows. Other ideas mentioned were using a referral system, leaving catalogs at places of business, asking hosts for help, offering theme shows, asking guests to bring a friend, doing an open house, sending out neighborhood letters, and offering gift certificates. The conversation also included a surprise booking at a knitting store and the idea of doing a fundraiser for a good cause.
xxmandie1xx
Well I just really need some advice on bookings. I finally got one booking off a show last night but any other time I have shows I just cant seem to get anyone to book and I've been asking everyone! I'm a stay at home mom and need to find a way to get my name out there and meet some new people that would be interested in PC. I don't have anymore shows lined up other than the booking I got last night and I really want to keep selling PC. I guess my biggest problem is I really don't know very many people and I'm running out of ideas. I would love to put some flyers in people's newspaper boxes but not sure if I would get in trouble over that?!?! Oh yes...and one more question. I had someone suggest doing a lead box or something, but I'm so not creative and not sure how to go about doing it so any pictures or ideas would be wonderful!!!

I like the lead box from Merrill. It's not too expensive and it's very professional looking.

You could try to offer a booking incentive to all past guests. Do customer care calls, offer free cooking shows for anyone who wants to book in May (send the invites and buy the ingredients for them). Also talk about the HWC specials. This may get you some more bookings.

HWC is the perfect chance to get some bookings from people who would otherwise be reluctant to host. Many folks will have a show in May to help out the ACS. I suggest calling customers and past hosts and mentioning HWC.

ideasI am not sure what a Lead Box is.

Some idea I have used are:
-Tell people about my Referral System (basically asking for them to refer other to me and they will receive something from me - a free product or gift certificate)
-Leave catalogues at the places you do business (Dr. office, hair stylist)
-Tell people at your Show - "I am looking to build up my business - and the one way I do that is to have more Home Parties..."
-Ask your Hosts for help! - SHE can get you bookings! Use the Booking Benefit to YOUR advantage
-Offer Theme Shows
-Ask everyone to bring a friend (may have to offer a small prize)
-Do an Open House
-Do a Neighbourhood Letter
-Try CCC (followup or OOTB) and just ask for help
- Offer a Host Incentive

I listened to a training CD yesterday and they said you need to appeal to the reasons WHY people book Shows:
1. Fun
2. Get-together with Friends and Family
3. Free product
So,....talk about getting together with a few friends and family for a fun evening WHILE you earn Pampered Chef products for free.
Does that help you?

Aww thanks guys..these are some great ideas. I read about people doing the gift certificates but I'm not real sure how you do those ( dumb I know ) lol Right now it just seems like I'm stuck in this same circle of people and none of them are interested at all in hosting shows...so i need to find new ones!!! THANKS

one more question...you said something about a neighborhood letter...how would u do that..and do i just mail it to everyone or put it in their newspaper boxes or on the door...also, how do you all do your gift certificates? sorry this may seem dumb to some of you, im just desperate for ideas!

I got one booking in a way that took me by surprise. I was at a knitting store / cafe (I had just taken it up) and a friend was there. I thought she'd like the party sticks so I handed her a catalogue open to the appropriate page. The woman next to her said - "Oh I need a new stone!" and the owner of the store, who was next to me, said "Pampered Chef - bring it on! You can have a party here if you want!". Now I swear I had mentioned several times in the past that I did PC - but this time bells went off. I feel odd just bringing it up to people, but it is easier if there is something specific you want to show someone in a group. That way you are helping someone with something they need/want, and you are getting the word out to others. I'm also going to do a May fundraiser - I will knock on doors and invite my neighbours, even the ones I don't know. (most of them). It is for a good cause so it is easier to get over the mental blocks that way. BTW, the party at the knitting store booking happened the day after a cluster meeting. I don't think that was coincidence. I think the motivation from the cluster meeting helped me bring out the catalogue that day.Good luck - I know where you are coming from. I was there two weeks ago :) ZK

I was going to do a neighborhood letter but everyone I talked to that has tried it said they didn't a response.
I don't want to deter your efforts, just want whatever you put your time and money into to pay off.

Make sure you verify if they don't want to book ever or just not now. It takes a while and is more work, but I get people wanting to book "a year from now" or "after the summer" or some other vague timeframe. I try to call back at that time and sometimes they book.

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party as a stay-at-home mom?

As a stay-at-home mom, hosting a Pampered Chef party can bring numerous benefits. First, it allows you to socialize and connect with other adults while still being able to stay at home with your children. Additionally, as a host, you can earn free and discounted products, which can be a great way to stock up on kitchen essentials. Lastly, hosting a party can also be a fun and unique way to earn some extra income.

How can I find potential guests for my Pampered Chef party as a stay-at-home mom?

You can find potential guests for your Pampered Chef party in a variety of ways. One effective method is to reach out to other stay-at-home moms in your community or through online mom groups. You can also ask your friends and family to invite their friends and coworkers. Additionally, utilizing social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram, can be a great way to reach a larger audience.

What are some tips for successfully hosting a Pampered Chef party as a stay-at-home mom?

One important tip for hosting a successful Pampered Chef party as a stay-at-home mom is to plan ahead and set a date that works well for both you and your guests. It's also helpful to offer a variety of food and drink options to cater to different dietary preferences and restrictions. Additionally, don't be afraid to get creative and have fun with the theme or decorations for your party.

What are some popular Pampered Chef products for stay-at-home moms?

Some popular Pampered Chef products for stay-at-home moms include the Quick Cooker, which is a fast and efficient way to prepare meals, and the Power Chef System, which makes chopping and blending ingredients a breeze. The Deluxe Air Fryer is also a favorite among busy moms for its ability to quickly cook healthy meals for the whole family.

How can I become a successful Pampered Chef consultant as a stay-at-home mom?

To become a successful Pampered Chef consultant as a stay-at-home mom, it's essential to be organized, dedicated, and passionate about the products you are selling. Utilizing social media and networking with other consultants can also help you reach a larger audience and increase your bookings. Additionally, providing excellent customer service and offering special promotions or discounts can help attract new clients and retain current ones.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babydollsmama
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • csulier
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sarahsworld2000
  • kcheatham08