• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated Wondering if This Is for Me...

In summary, Schel feels discouraged and like she's not able to make her dreams a reality. She's considering if she should keep trying or if she should quit. Her recruiter does something similar where she pencils in the host on a day that they choose. She also tries to connect with the person to see why they want to host and
schel
Hello,
I am feeling really frustrated and wondering if I can do this or if this is really for me. I actually broke down in tears today. I am doing everythig that I can to get bookings, but I can't seem to pin down dates with anyone.
They say, I have to check my calander. And when I call them back, I get voicemail, with no return call, same thing with leaving a message. Or E-mail, no answer. Or... they have changed their minds and say they don't want to do a show.
It seems like they say yes I want to do a show, but when I get no date, no answer or return call I question if they really want to do a show.
Is it supposed to be this hard?
For now today, though, I left messages and E-mails. If I don't hear back do I still keep trying? Or am I being like the "stalking" type. I don't want to be a pest.
Thanks for the feedback.
Schel:(

I am sorry to hear you are having a rough go of it...{{{{HUGS}}}}

I found that when I took a different approach I had less cancelations and less "I have to check my calendar's". What I do is before a show I take a sticky and put 2 or 3 of them on dates I want to fill on my planner. When someone says they want to book a show I tell them they can pick from one of these dates and that my dates fill up quickly. If they say that they need to check their calendar I tell them that I will pencil them in on a day that they choose and that I will call them the next day to confirm. I have only had one person change the day and only one cancel all together after I started this. I don't let the possible host walk away without a day in mind.

The other thing is to find out why they want to host. When you do this you will have a connection with them and it's easier to get them excited about getting the things that they want.

soonerchef said:
I am sorry to hear you are having a rough go of it...{{{{HUGS}}}}

I found that when I took a different approach I had less cancelations and less "I have to check my calendar's". What I do is before a show I take a sticky and put 2 or 3 of them on dates I want to fill on my planner. When someone says they want to book a show I tell them they can pick from one of these dates and that my dates fill up quickly. If they say that they need to check their calendar I tell them that I will pencil them in on a day that they choose and that I will call them the next day to confirm. I have only had one person change the day and only one cancel all together after I started this. I don't let the possible host walk away without a day in mind.

The other thing is to find out why they want to host. When you do this you will have a connection with them and it's easier to get them excited about getting the things that they want.

My recruiter does the pencil them in thingy too! It's working great for her! I tried it and man, was I impressed!
Another thing you might do is to look at every person you meet in public as a potential host, whether it's the convenience store clerk or the cashier at walmart. Be extra nice to them and then before you leave, ask them if they'd like to have some friends over and let you come cook for them and show your products. If you give them a card or catalog, make sure you get their information too. My director says, "If you give them your stuff, make sure they give you their stuff."
Good luck and keep up the good work...you can do this. When the bookings start happening you will be on top of the world! If you quit you'll never know just how far you could have taken your business. It's a challenge and it's good for the soul.

I think we both a really bad day!I too am feeling the same way as you, Schel! Yesterday I started to get really depressed...I mean so much that had I not already bought my plane tickets for conference, I would have cancelled the trip altogether. I got 4 shows for May and started thinking maybe my luck was starting to turn around. Well, one of those shows was for my best friend. Same thing happened as the last time I did a show for her. We end up having to do a catalog show because she waits till the last minute to do everything. I had to reschedule another show because my parents came into town last minute, and my last show for this month (Wedding Shower) is on the 27th. I'm really hoping that that show will be big. For June I only have one definate show. That's it! I only really have 3 leads that I have been calling since February and just can't seem to get them to call back or set a date. I too have thought of giving up, but I really love PC. Even my husband, god bless him, was trying to cheer me up and tells me that he stands behind me 100% and thinks I am just having a dry spell. But still, I feel like I've failed at this business. There are 6 PC consultants that live less than a five minute drive from me and their kids are in sports and school where they have the exposure to a great number of people. I told my husband that I will be so bumed if I have to go to conference with no bookings. He laughed when I said I would be the biggest loser at conference. :rolleyes: Of course he also said that I was just really bummed and should just wait until I do that wedding shower this weekend because I may get a few bookings. I must say that at least I do have a VERY supportive hubby when it comes to PC. I have spent a lot of money on PC in less than a year, and I know it's a tax write off, but when will I get my glory!?

Thanks for letting me vent!:(

Hey, just keep trying! I see myself as a pretty good consultant. In January I sold $1600ish in 4 shows. In February I was supposed to have 3 shows. I pulledo ne together myself with some outside orders and phone calls...the other 3 "rescheduled". In March, I had one show. In April I had 4 - I was scheduled for 8. In May I have 7 and was scheduled for 9. See a pattern? My bookings and sales are going up because I kept at it through the dry spells. What you do today will "bloom" in 90 days. That's three whole months. I KNOW how exhausting and emotionally draining it can be!!! But, what you have to do is let it go and move on. If someone doesn't want to have a show just say, "Ok, who's next?". Also, talk to your director about word choices or listen to some CD's or recorded teleclasses. Take some time to take a teleclass. Use the time that you would have had a show, had it not rescheduled on you, to make some calls. Keep that time for your business no matter what!

One thing I like to tell people is that they need to be completely upfront and stright with me. If they tell me that they are interested in the opportunity, I will talk to them about it until they tell me not to. I say "You literally have to say 'I'm not interested at all' or 'talk to me in x months' or I won't get it." I'm not good at reading other people, so I don't. I'm not good at understanding subtle suggestions, so I don't worry about it. When I try to understand them, I get it all wrong! This gives them permission to tell you that they changed their minds.

Another thing I say to people on voice mail is something like "if things have changed in your life or if you have changed your mind, its okay. Just let me know so I don't become the Pampered Pest!" I only use that one if I've tried to get ahold of them a few times.

Although, I do get the occasional host who is, I think, trying to send me a signal that she doesn't want to host a show. She always puts me off - when she answers the phone. She says she emailed me, but I didn't get it. When she finally emails me from a new email address, she changes the "from" address in the email. You can't accidentally change that. Luckily she was silly and changed clearwire.net to clerwire.net. I just changed it back. So, I'm not reading anything into that, I'll just call her when she asked me to....

Heh...we need a li'l devil icon :)

Hope this helps!!! I promise it will get better if you keep at it!

June booking challengeWe received an email from our director yesterday that outlines a challenge for getting June bookings. It has some good tips on it, so I am attaching it. Hopefully this will help you with some future bookings.

My director suggested the post-it thing for us as well. I put all the shows I had confirmed, or possible on those post-its. I was trying to get a host to commit to a date and when she saw her name on the post-it on a specific date, she agreed to it. I don't think she would have booked if her name had not been on the postie.

I wish you the best and I hope your business picks up for you. I will keep you in my prayers.

Attachments

• June contact challenge.doc
    66 KB · Views: 523
Another thing that will really help your business in general is going to conference...if you don't know if you are going yet, try to do everything possible to go...you will be truely inspired.

Andrea- Do you think that conference is that much more inspiring than this board? I absolutly cannot afford to go, plus DH is unsupportive and wouldn't let me spend money on that even if we had it. All the info that HO has sent describes conference benefits like "talk with other consultants" and "share new ideas". I get that all here! I would love to go to conference and see for myself, but I also live in AK and that is a VERY expensive ticket! Please, if you don't mind, share the differences between this community and conference. I don't mean to put you on the spot, but you seem very experienced!

That's exactly what I was going to say, Andrea!! In a slump then you definitely NEED to go to conference. Especially if you want Pampered Chef to work for you.

gilliandanielle said:
Andrea- Do you think that conference is that much more inspiring than this board?

Today is the 5th anniversary of becoming a Pampered Chef Consultant. Yeah me!

I just started on this board a few months ago and I have enjoyed it greatly. I've picked up great ideas. I like reading about the ups and downs of other people in this business. I like sharing what I've learned. I encourage everyone to keep coming here.

That said, nothing compares to conference. Gillian, I understand if you just can't afford it this year. . .but PLEASE join the conference club and see if you can save up enough money to go next year. Another hint from my former Director, use a credit card that collects miles. She pays for all of her everyday expenses with her credit card (gas, groceries, etc.) and pays it off at the end of the month (don't go into debt!). She uses her miles for conference travel.

Conference is different because it allows you to see the depth of this company. The quality of conference (general sessions in particular) is outstanding. You will be energized in a way that just can't happen through your computer screen.

And for everyone having a bad day, it happens. I've had my share of frustrations and tears and know that that will happen from time to time. I still have an occasional month when I wonder where my next show will come from but I'm happier than I've ever been. My heart tug? I get to be my own boss. I'm not shedding blood, sweat or tears for someone who doesn't care about me or my success. I'm doing it for my husband and me.:)

I to am feeling whether or not this is for me. I have 1 catalog show out right now and not able to get in touch with another person who is supposed to be doing a catalog show. I have left her message after message. I was supposed to have a wedding show in June, then the bride and groom changed their minds, they didn't want a PC shower! Go figure. I am doing a festival here in my town in two weeks and I am praying that that will generate some leads. Right now I have no shows booked and feeling very depressed about everything. My husband is very supportive and he even helped me with a decal for my car. I just don't know what to do to get my business going. My director even got me a hospitality director closer to me but all of them have successful shows and it depresses me even more. I guess I just need some advice from people who have been here.

gilliandanielle said:
Andrea- Do you think that conference is that much more inspiring than this board? I absolutly cannot afford to go, plus DH is unsupportive and wouldn't let me spend money on that even if we had it. All the info that HO has sent describes conference benefits like "talk with other consultants" and "share new ideas". I get that all here! I would love to go to conference and see for myself, but I also live in AK and that is a VERY expensive ticket! Please, if you don't mind, share the differences between this community and conference. I don't mean to put you on the spot, but you seem very experienced!

Gillian, I really do think that conference is worth it. I didn't go the first year, the second year I told DH that I was going and he was not really happy with it either...he had to stay at home with a 9 y/o and 1 y/o twins...(he's still not happy about it this year). Anyway, I went and had a great time, not only did I learn a ton but I felt like I could do this, there was nothing stopping me but me! I learned so much, I was there to feel, touch, and just soak everything in. When I came back DH said "well, I guess there is no question as to whether or not you are going next year". I told him that there is no way I would miss conference ever again. I can't wait to get that kick start again, it is a high like no other. We weren't able to afford it last year, let alone this year (I am actually looking for a full time job right now so that I can end up paying for conference)...but, I also can't afford not to go! I know that it is way expensive but, if you can find a way...anyway, do it!! If you go with an open mind you will be amazed at what you will learn...on here there is only a smattering of PC minds...at conference there are thousands coming together and brainstorming.

Also, if you sign up for conference club it's not as hard to pay for it...they take the $$ out of your commission until it's paid for (and that could be 12 months or 2). And wow, coming from AK...the cheapest ticket I could find was $600!! Anyhoo, I know why you wouldn't be able to go, but think about it and remember that all of the money you spend is a tax write off!!

I just wanted to say don't give up. I have been in a slump since before Thanksgiving. Between November and March, I three shows. I was definitely in a slump and the miserable weather didn't help. I was depressed and ready to give up.

It got to the point where I begged relatives to have shows and two of my aunts agreed. One a catalog show and one a cooking show. The catalog show was originally scheduled for March and I had another catalog show trailing from February. The cooking show was supposed to have 10 guests and by the time my demo started, there were 35 people crammed into my aunt's living room. That was a $1500 show with one booking.

The two catalog shows still trailing into April and into May and then I have 2 shows schedule out of the blue that each had one booking. The booking from my aunt's show was last Saturday and I had been sick, the host was moving and injured her back and needless to say the host coaching was minimal at best. She thought there would be 6 guests and she had 6 outside orders. That show had at least 10 in attendance and the outside orders, 3 bookings and closed at $1100. And the best part, in the past month I have sold 2 of the 12pc Exec Cookware sets and 2 of the 5pc sets!

I was ready to throw in the towel a month and a half ago and in May had 2 cooking shows close and 2 catalog shows close and I have booking scattered through the summer and into the fall.

So don't give up, we all hit dry spells and then out of nowhere, as someone else indicated, things begin to "bloom".

Good luck to you all and see you at Conference Wave 1.

Cookin'InTX said:
I too am feeling the same way as you, Schel! Yesterday I started to get really depressed...I mean so much that had I not already bought my plane tickets for conference, I would have cancelled the trip altogether. I got 4 shows for May and started thinking maybe my luck was starting to turn around. Well, one of those shows was for my best friend. Same thing happened as the last time I did a show for her. We end up having to do a catalog show because she waits till the last minute to do everything. I had to reschedule another show because my parents came into town last minute, and my last show for this month (Wedding Shower) is on the 27th. I'm really hoping that that show will be big. For June I only have one definate show. That's it! I only really have 3 leads that I have been calling since February and just can't seem to get them to call back or set a date. I too have thought of giving up, but I really love PC. Even my husband, god bless him, was trying to cheer me up and tells me that he stands behind me 100% and thinks I am just having a dry spell. But still, I feel like I've failed at this business. There are 6 PC consultants that live less than a five minute drive from me and their kids are in sports and school where they have the exposure to a great number of people. I told my husband that I will be so bumed if I have to go to conference with no bookings. He laughed when I said I would be the biggest loser at conference. :rolleyes: Of course he also said that I was just really bummed and should just wait until I do that wedding shower this weekend because I may get a few bookings. I must say that at least I do have a VERY supportive hubby when it comes to PC. I have spent a lot of money on PC in less than a year, and I know it's a tax write off, but when will I get my glory!?

Thanks for letting me vent!:(

Your glory will come after you return from conference and implement all your new skills and enthusiasm! Trust me on this!

soonerchef said:
Gillian, I really do think that conference is worth it. I didn't go the first year, the second year I told DH that I was going and he was not really happy with it either...he had to stay at home with a 9 y/o and 1 y/o twins...(he's still not happy about it this year). Anyway, I went and had a great time, not only did I learn a ton but I felt like I could do this, there was nothing stopping me but me! I learned so much, I was there to feel, touch, and just soak everything in. When I came back DH said "well, I guess there is no question as to whether or not you are going next year". I told him that there is no way I would miss conference ever again. I can't wait to get that kick start again, it is a high like no other. We weren't able to afford it last year, let alone this year (I am actually looking for a full time job right now so that I can end up paying for conference)...but, I also can't afford not to go! I know that it is way expensive but, if you can find a way...anyway, do it!! If you go with an open mind you will be amazed at what you will learn...on here there is only a smattering of PC minds...at conference there are thousands coming together and brainstorming.

Also, if you sign up for conference club it's not as hard to pay for it...they take the $$ out of your commission until it's paid for (and that could be 12 months or 2). And wow, coming from AK...the cheapest ticket I could find was $600!! Anyhoo, I know why you wouldn't be able to go, but think about it and remember that all of the money you spend is a tax write off!!

Dpn't forget, they gave us an incentive (in Dec or Jan?) for us to earn conference for free. Also, if you're not yet a Director, you're receiving $50 PC dollars for each qualified recruit. Also, don't forget the 3 for me incentive for PC dollars! If you really can't afford to go, be sure to earn your way!

chefjeanine said:
That said, nothing compares to conference. Gillian, I understand if you just can't afford it this year. . .but PLEASE join the conference club and see if you can save up enough money to go next year. Another hint from my former Director, use a credit card that collects miles. She pays for all of her everyday expenses with her credit card (gas, groceries, etc.) and pays it off at the end of the month (don't go into debt!). She uses her miles for conference travel.

Conference is different because it allows you to see the depth of this company. The quality of conference (general sessions in particular) is outstanding. You will be energized in a way that just can't happen through your computer screen.
I completely agree that nothing compares to conference. I could go on and on about it, but others have done a great job explaining what it can do for your business. And until you actually experience it for yourself, none of these comments will quite sink in. It's the most amazing experience!! Your mind spins and is on overload for much of the time. That's why it's so important to take notes and jot down what is inspiring to you and what you'll implement in your own business. Try to get everything down on paper and each night of conference or at the end, go through it with a highlighter and highlight the top five things you're going to do for your business right when you get home. Ooops, sorry I got off on a tangent for those going to conference.

I think joining Conference Club and starting to save for next year is THE way to go. I like the idea of using the frequent flyer miles to pay for airfare. I know there are credit cards out there where you can do the same thing, but with hotel rooms. You can shoot for it next year!

Sure, we'll all share the great tips and information we learn at conference, but nothing compares to being there yourself and soaking everything in. I'd say the biggest impression it left on me after my first conference was how amazing this company is and where it can take you and you can take your business. It's truly awe-inspiring!!!

I can't wait!! This will be my 4th one and I get more excited about it every year!:D

Hello Everyone!
Well, I did my cryin and my prayin and later in the evening I booked 2 shows for June.
I hope they don't cancel. Any suggestions on how to make sure this doesn't happen is greatly appreciated!
In answer; Am I going to conference? Yes. Wave 2.
Not that I can afford it, but it's my chance to get away, and boost my PC business. Besides, I have arranged for my child to go to my moms and all my husband has to look after is the animals. He gets to do his fishing thing, and this will be my thing!
Well, got to run I am at work right now.
Check back later!
Schel

Schel,

Make sure and host coach in person with your 2 hosts. Give them some incentives to hold the show, like a discount or free product if you can afford it.

Good luck and I am so glad things turned around a bit for you. Enjoy the conference and take notes on everything while you are there. Create a notebook for your notes and maybe even create dividers for each workshop you are attending.

Thanks everyone for the great advice about conference. I think it would be a great experience, but I am still not convinced that it would be worth it financially. What is covered under the conference fee? Does that cover hotel/food/transportation? With a ticket to fly there, plus a babysitter for my 1 and 2 year old (DH works 16 hour days in summer) plus food and transportation it would cost almost $1500!!!! That is twice what I made in 2005. I am doing a lot better this year due to joining this board, but I am still not making near that amount of money. I hate to sound so pessamistic, but unless they are handing me a list of people in my area dying to have shows I just don't get what they could say to make it worth $1500!

From what I understand, the $175 conference fee is for the conference (classes, speakers, place to do it, etc.), all three meals on day two, breakfast on day three, director's dinner on day three - if you are a director. Airfare and hotel are not included in the price. There are hotels that are "official conference hotels" and are $150-175ish per night. If you split that four ways, it comes out to quite a bit less. As far as I know, there are grocery stores close by where you could get food for meals and snacks at a reasonable price. Some hotels might also offer breakfast.Babysitting and the airfare are probably your highest costs. Is there any way your DH could take a day or two off to help with babysitting? Is there someone who you could trade babysitting with (she babysits your kids while you are gone and then you babysit her kids some other time)? Just trying to think outside the text box.

Usually people share rooms, 4 or more to a room...I think my total hotel cost last year was $120 for all nights.

Gillian, the only thing I can say about conference is you have to have gone or be there to know what we are all talking about. I know it sounds very similar to what chefsuccess is, but it really isn't...it is 5 Gazillion times better!! We will all understand if you can't make it and we will all miss you not being there!

I just want to put in my 2 cents about conference. My first year, I was going to attend, but back out at the last minute, because I could not afford it and really did not see how it would benefit me more than what I was currently doing (sound familiar gilliandanielle). Last year, I put out the money and even when I arrived, I wondered if it was really worth leaving my kids for a week and flying half way across the country to attend something my director would share when she returned home.

Having said that, you cannot believe the type of experience the general sessions are. The energy is so great, and positive and enthusiastic, and super charged, you are on a natural high for days after. If I had not attended, I would never have believe, and didn't believe, what a great experience conference is. You cannot help becoming excited to make your business excel. Listening to other consultants at the dinner hosted by my executive director and how much they are making, and how many recruits they gain and retain each month was an eye opener. It was well worth every penny I spent to get there.

Regarding the money total, including spending money, I was probablly out $500 - $700. That's everything, airfare, hotel, conference, surprise boxes, food - everything. Network with other consultants in your cluster and share rooms. The official hotels have 2bed/2bath rooms which work great for 4 people to share - my hotel room was less than the conference fee.

If you are doubting your business or you are in a slump, conference is a must to blow that breath of fresh air into your business and make it bloom!

Frustrated again!!!I don't mean to complain, but, my 2 shows that were "for sure" shows, I can't get a hold of the potential hosts. AAAAARRG!!! :mad:
I have called and called and left message and message. Makes me mad, because I held off on putting an ad in the local papers for my JUNE DOLLAR DAYS. And now if I do, June is already here. I don't understand, these were the two that told me they WANTED a show and now I can't get a hold of them for nothing! My other two shows, were the FREE cooking shows I offered as my consulation prize from the BRU event in May. And they booked
right away! I am sorry to complain, but, it feels better to get it off my chest!
Thanks for all your support.
Schel :(

Schel,Feel free to complain, throw tantrums, scream, rip your hair out (although, I'm not sure how you would type that one) and anything else you need to do! I understand how frustrating things can be. Just take a step back, breathe, and move on. I suggest you give them one more call and let them know that this is the final call unless you hear from them. Turn your attention to everyone you meet and keep moving onto the next person until you find what you need. I know it feels hard now, but I was just there three months ago. I could not get anyone to host a show...and now I'm really well booked. I took the time I would have used for a show and locked myself in my "office" and called people.I don't know how much this will help, but I know you can do it!Okay, I feel cheezy...is there a cheezy icon?

just wondering how the wedding shower went? I can feel your pain, I'm in SS month three. no Bookings in May and in June I have only 1 so far. I do have to say 100 NO'S. Helped ALOT.It even gave me the courage to ask my ex husband to do a catalog show (I got my first NO) Hang in there. there is a pampered chef circle out there for you!

There is still hope!Schel,
I am so sorry to hear about your frustrations. We all have them and it's great to get them off your chest and vent to your PC buddies. No one can understand like we can!
I think a great idea to not have so many cancellations is to mail out the invites for your host. Get a guest list filled out ASAP and send out invites. Also try to meet with these people in person. Talk to them about all the wonderful host benefits and how this is your business. People sometimes do not take us seriously, as if this is just a side job, or hobby, which it is for me but to some it's a needed extra income.
Talk to your hosts about what this PC business provides for you and your family. Help them to see that you depend on this income and that if they cancel, it not only hurts you but also your family and your bills!!
If they can see we are real people like they are with bills, kids, and mortgages or rent, they might be more understanding.
Keep telling them how easy it is to earn FREE and discounted stuff with PC. You will do the invitations, prepare the food, submit the orders, and then keep in touch with customers on their products. I agree that offering a small FREE incentive for hosting the show also keeps hosts on their set date.
Good luck!
Debbie

I'm with some of you ladies. I only had one show for May and it was my SS1. I got under $190 in commissionable sales. Only one person came to the show, besides the host.I have one show I am doing on June 1st but that is it. I am petrified that I will screw up because my first show was pretty bad. (I forgot alot of things....I stuttered....etc.) I don't know if I could do that again.I am trying to stay positive...trying to be prepared. But I feel like I spent so much money on the starter kit, supplies, food, etc...and I have gotten almost nothing in return. I almost feel like a failure. My Husband has been so supportive though. Not only that, I'm nervous about advertising and such. Long story short, my ex-coworkers from my last job were big gossipers and started alot of rumours about me. They put my job in jeapordy with my boss. (They even went to my personal website trying to pin point things about me.) I'm afraid that if they see me doing PC, they will try to ruin my chances at succeeding (rumours, tarnish what's left of my reputation). I know that sounds stupid, but it's true. My last job was H*LL because of them. I'm also afraid that if I have a show and the attend...they'll redicule me. I don't want to sound like a "whiney-baby"....but these women have truly hurt me and I would love to never have to see or deal with them again. I am an honest and caring person...I don't know why they dislike me so much. I have done nothing to them.Sorry about all that....needed to get it out.

I know what you mean schel when you are unsure if this is for you. I have talked to my family, and they told me don't do PC, and that was not even my husband who is very non-supportive in any thing I do. It was my sisters and my niece. I have worked at home for the last 13 years, so I don't have any friends that I am close with that I can ask to host a show for me. Well, I do talk to a cleaning lady at the offices I work for and she hosted 2 shows for me in May. I am supposed to have an open house in June, but now I have to plan an open house for my son who just graduated last night. So, I was trying to think of a way to use my starter kit items at the party for him and hopefully my husband's extended family would be interested.

Also, I was told by the person who recruited me that if I did not host 2 shows in June to contribute to the fall special that we are supposed to get, then our director would be mad at me! I have told my recruiter that I cannot really focus on this business right now because I have lost my real job, and I really need to work on getting a real job first. I know that June is supposed to be my starter month, but when I changed my date from May to June I was not planning on losing my job. Other than going to the cluster meetings, I have only spoke to this director once on the phone.

Cheryl

mom2kr said:
Also, I was told by the person who recruited me that if I did not host 2 shows in June to contribute to the fall special that we are supposed to get, then our director would be mad at me! I have told my recruiter that I cannot really focus on this business right now because I have lost my real job, and I really need to work on getting a real job first. I know that June is supposed to be my starter month, but when I changed my date from May to June I was not planning on losing my job. Other than going to the cluster meetings, I have only spoke to this director once on the phone. Cheryl

Cheryl,

I wouldn't worry about the director. The beauty of this business is you make it work for you, you don't work for anyone else (ie. pleasing the director). If your director truly feels that way, try to contact your upline director and use him/her as your hospitality director. Get your support where it is positive...especially here! I am proud of you and schel and everyone else who is making this work in a difficult situation. I only wish I had fabulous recruits like you! :)

;) Thanks everyone for your undivided support. I have called at least 5 times to each potential host and left 3 messages a piece. I have also sent E-mails. Still no answer. So... I am moving on and hope that I can get some additoinal bookings if I place an ad in the paper. If these gals really wanted a show, they would be respectful and return my calls. I can't waste any more energy or time on it, and I need to move on!
Schel

Don't give up! I too have been in a slump & thought about giving up my PC business. But one day I was talking to a friend that I had lost contact with & mentioned that I sell PC now & she jumped in & booked a show. My PC business has grown since then. I also offer incentives to my hosts & I mention that Suzy Host is getting a reward for hosting the show. Since March, I have been having a contest for my Hosts to try to beat my highest show. If their show is higher, they will get something free. This has helped my show average as well as getting bookings. The Book to Look idea has worked wonders for me also in getting bookings. But just keep your head up & hang in there! You'll get out of this slump before you know it!! Good Luck

I've gone inactive a few times, partially from moving, and partially from not trying hard enough.
Getting on the phone is scary at first, then you get used to it, and you get used to people saying no, and you just move on, and keep searching for the yes!
There is a post on here something like "100 no's" I think it could really work, your not really trying to get "NOs" but as you get them you mark them off, and move on... and somewhere in there you will get lots of yeses... but don't quit when you get a yes or two.

I have certainly had my break down and cry moments. Sometimes I've felt like..." I can't even be successful at this" then as soon as I accepted that, someone booked a show... $700+ and I got 5 bookings!! My business was up and running again, and hasn't stopped!

Hopefully you have a good director, and cluster consultants... and of course Cheffers! I couldn't do without this place!!!

When you call and get an answering machine... say something like, I'll call you back later(or tomorrow night, etc), but if you'd like to call me before then my number is..."

Best of luck... and don't give up too soon! I finally had my best year last year--- my FOURTH year... it took a while but it was worth it!

I had felt my business hitting a slump the last month or so, and I knew that what I did this Summer would decide how my Fall went, so I have been issuing a challege for my Summer hosts. If they have 3 bookings for me before the show, I will give them a large stone. They all have been excited about that. I do not know yet the results, as I haven't had the show yet, but I know that it can't hurt, and if you are excited about it, they will be also.

mrssyvo said:
I had felt my business hitting a slump the last month or so, and I knew that what I did this Summer would decide how my Fall went, so I have been issuing a challege for my Summer hosts. If they have 3 bookings for me before the show, I will give them a large stone. They all have been excited about that. I do not know yet the results, as I haven't had the show yet, but I know that it can't hurt, and if you are excited about it, they will be also.

If it's not too late, be sure they know that they don't get the stone until the third show is held!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsNetNut404
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
MrsNetNut404
  • sailortena
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
GourmetGirl
  • schel