• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Really Frustrated and Bummed! Venting!

In summary, this past week has been the absolute worst! I had, mind you, had 7 cooking shows booked this month and now I only have two that are going to actually hold. I have already submitted one on June 2nd ($1035). I was so pumped and excited, I was really trying to reach Level 3 in the Sell-A-Thon. I also, have already received a cancellation (reschedule for July). I am about ready to cry.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
This past week has been the absolute worst! I had, mind you, had 7 cooking shows booked this month and now I only have two that are going to actually hold. I have already submitted one on June 2nd ($1035). I was so pumped and excited, I was really trying to reach Level 3 in the Sell-A-Thon. I also, have already received a cancellation (reschedule for July). I am about ready to cry. :(

I do have 4 catalog shows going, that will all be closing this Friday. I have actually had really good success with my catalog shows ($600 avg). The way this month is going I will be luck if they are qualified!

I work full-time and have three children (7 1/2 yrs, 3 yrs, and 1 1/2 yrs) at home and I am trying to figure out how to balance all of this. When I did PC the first time, everything came so easy and this time I am having to bust my arse off! (Had first son while I already had a wonderful customer base.) I keep telling myself that the hard work and exhaustion will be worth it when I quite my day job and be a SAHM. Right now, I don't know if that will happen. My DH keeps saying "Another one cancelled! How are you going to make your car payment?" Like I need that pressure too.

Oh yeah, I also have two recruits and I feel like I am neglecting them. One has turned in three shows and the other jsut turned in her second show. They both started at the beginning of May.

How do those of you who work full-time and have children balance all of this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for letting me vent!:)

You sound jst like me with the summer cancellations. I am SHOCKED and dismayed at all teh cancellations I have been having this summer.

All I can suggest is to HOST COACH your butt off. Call the hosts every few days - drop them notes in the mail, etc. Stay in the front of their minds and hopefully they won't be so quick to cancel on you.

I just wrapped up my Relay for Life event, I was Co Chair. I know this is a busy time, but wow. I had 4 shows booked and 3 have cancelled, only one has set a new date. So I feel your pain. I have never had such a rough time booking shows. I have been making calls, and still nothing. I am trying a Mystery Host, with 4 takers right now. But other wise, my only show is the last day of the month, a bridal, of course the couple have not returned my calls. I've been doing this for 7 years and not sure what is going on. Keep trying I guess.

You sound like me. I had 6 booked for the month. First on June 2, over 1K so I was very excited. Second cancelled (actually the gal totally flaked, told me she didn't recieve my snail mail mailings, all her emails bounced back to me, etc). Third was a girlfriend who did a fundraiser, that went decently but I haven't closed it yet as I'm waiting on checks. Fourth went MIA and she was alredy rescheduled once from May. Fifth cancelled and rescheduled for late July. Sixth cancelled indefinitely. It is depressing. I do have some catalog shows this month (several were May ones that went over and had none of the pink stuff so I made them June shows), and I have reached the first incentive level but the 3K seems out of reach. If everything had held I would feel pretty confident in reaching that level. So anyhow, I feel your pain, hang in there. I just keep saying, it's going to be a great fall b/c I keep hearing "call me back for a fall show."

you are not alone! My remaining shows for the month are all next week,so hopefully something good will come of this month! I'm sure my director thinks I quit!

There must be something in the air - I had 6 cooking shows cancel this month too and I haven't been able to set new dates for ANY of them...

Very frustrating when you are hoping to get a higher sell-a-thon level and also get more bookings to keep your business solid. I don't know what to tell you - unfortunately some of this business is out of our control and we are sometimes at the mercy of other (hosts).

At least we're not alone - I am hoping that things will pick up in the Fall - I am just bummed because I was pretty steady up til this month and was on track to earn the cruise - now I don't know if I can catch up unless I recruit a couple and I don't have any leads right now...

Oh well - chin up and keep plugging away!

pamperedpals said:
This past week has been the absolute worst! I had, mind you, had 7 cooking shows booked this month and now I only have two that are going to actually hold. I have already submitted one on June 2nd ($1035). I was so pumped and excited, I was really trying to reach Level 3 in the Sell-A-Thon. I also, have already received a cancellation (reschedule for July). I am about ready to cry. :(

I do have 4 catalog shows going, that will all be closing this Friday. I have actually had really good success with my catalog shows ($600 avg). The way this month is going I will be luck if they are qualified!

I work full-time and have three children (7 1/2 yrs, 3 yrs, and 1 1/2 yrs) at home and I am trying to figure out how to balance all of this. When I did PC the first time, everything came so easy and this time I am having to bust my arse off! (Had first son while I already had a wonderful customer base.) I keep telling myself that the hard work and exhaustion will be worth it when I quite my day job and be a SAHM. Right now, I don't know if that will happen. My DH keeps saying "Another one cancelled! How are you going to make your car payment?" Like I need that pressure too.

Oh yeah, I also have two recruits and I feel like I am neglecting them. One has turned in three shows and the other jsut turned in her second show. They both started at the beginning of May.

How do those of you who work full-time and have children balance all of this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for letting me vent!:)

Saw this while I was supposed to be turning off my computer so we can eat dinner, but just had to tell you...
My kids are 7 (almost 8), 3-1/2 and 15 months!!! How funny!

ok... I must be the weird one... ALL of my summer shows are holding steady at this point. I had 4 this month and all 4 held. 3 scheduled for July and all are holding... even August is booked solid for me and I just called and talk with both hostess and they assured me that their shows are a go.

PCJenni said:
ok... I must be the weird one... ALL of my summer shows are holding steady at this point. I had 4 this month and all 4 held. 3 scheduled for July and all are holding... even August is booked solid for me and I just called and talk with both hostess and they assured me that their shows are a go.

I think you are the exception. I had a show change from the 29th of June to the 6th of July. I picked up a catalog one by sending out an e-mail and asking my whole small list of past customers if anyone would collect orders to help my try to reach $1500 in sales this month...but other than that and an "out of the blue" order, things are pretty slow...

I definetely agree that something is in the air. I only had 3 cooking shows booked going into June. I just held 1 that was an addition, 2 have postponed (1 to July, not sure of the other) and 1 is not sure if she will have hers. I only have 2 or 3 shows booked for July as well. I do have about 3 catalog shows going.

I am a stay at home mom with a 21 month old and a 4 year old, and I think I have as little time as someone working a full time job. I just wish I could pin down time to make those calls!

I am also hearing, call me in the fall, so maybe I will be absolutely slammed with shows in September and October. One can only hope!!

PCJenni said:

O.k. - so what did you say or do to your hosts to get them to keep their shows? I didn't have any cancellations, but that might be because I couldn't get anyone to book a show this month to save my life! Oh well!

I am glad I am not the only one. This is the first time I have had this many cancellations. I have been host coaching like normal, but that obviously is not enough this time of the year. I started a year ago and didn't have this same problem, but most of my first shows were family and friends. I think the lesson I have learned is to try to overbook for next summer.

I didn't do anything last June because my mom was dying this time last year. Perhaps because of kids just getting out of school people have over booked themselves. Perhaps people are not thinking too much about cooking. Let's think positive that July and later will do better!

PCJenni said:

Ya know, I was thinking the same thing! I had 7 shows in June, and all held.....I have 7 shows in July....and so far they are looking good - I had one cancel, but the same day was able to re-book it. Even my 2 catalog shows for June, and 1 for July look like they are going to close - which I never count on.

My theory as to why I'm having such a good streak? The crappy economy here in MI, and sky-rocketing gas prices! People are staying closer to home, and not gone so much on the weekends etc.....I have NEVER booked weekends successfully in the summer, but this yr - every open weekend I have is booked!

I really haven't done anything different as far as host coaching so that is all I can come up with!

PCJenni said:

Me three! I just held my 5th cooking show for June, got another booking tonight for July, have another show yet this month that I talked to today - so far, so good. My new recruit has two shows this week that are a go. I have one catalog show going right now and two more that I have to get kicked off. I would book more into June, but we are out of town this weekend, and the next weekend is taken up by Scouts. I'd like to get one or two in the first few days of July, before Conference. I'm really pumped about the ones I have as soon as I get back!

So, I'm counting my blessings. If we are going to talk about show averages, though - well, that's a different matter.

1. What can I do if I am feeling really frustrated and bummed?

There are a few things you can try to help alleviate your frustration and sadness. One option is to take a break and do something that you enjoy, such as reading a book or going for a walk. You can also try talking to a friend or loved one about how you are feeling. Additionally, practicing self-care and self-compassion can also be helpful in managing these emotions.

2. Is it normal to feel this way?

It is completely normal to experience feelings of frustration and sadness from time to time. Everyone goes through difficult emotions and it is important to acknowledge and validate these feelings. Remember that it is okay to not be okay and to seek support when needed.

3. How can I prevent feeling this way in the future?

It can be helpful to reflect on what may have triggered these feelings and to try to identify any patterns or triggers. From there, you can work on setting boundaries, practicing self-care, and addressing any underlying issues that may be contributing to your frustration and sadness.

4. Can you recommend any resources for managing these emotions?

There are many resources available for managing difficult emotions. Some options include therapy, support groups, self-help books, and online resources. It may also be helpful to speak with a doctor or mental health professional for personalized recommendations.

5. How can I support someone who is feeling really frustrated and bummed?

If someone you care about is going through a tough time, it is important to listen to them and offer your support. Let them know that you are there for them and encourage them to seek professional help if needed. You can also offer to do activities together that may help improve their mood, such as going for a walk or watching a funny movie.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampermejolene
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • MrsNetNut404