• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

This Is for All Consultants, but I Was Wondering How the Pampered Chef

In summary, Anne has been booked solidly for September and October and is looking forward to her 24-hour booking challenge. Another consultant, Yvette Yeomans, has been booking well too and has already achieved her goal for the month. Whoever books the most shows by the end of the month will win a new product from Party Lite.
apamperedone
This is for all consultants, but I was wondering how the PC consultants from Ohio have been doing with bookings and recruits? I have been steady with shows, but Sept has me booked in at 13 and Oct and Nov are starting to pick up. I just signed my third recruit this morning, a girl I work with at my full time job. :)

Let me get this straight, you have 13 bookings for September?!?!? Way to go!

That is amazing! Great job!

I'd be thrilled with HALF of that!!! I just got this great 24 bookings in 24 hours thing from my director that I will be trying tonight! I'm excited about it!

Anne - can you post the 24 bookings in 24 hours???

Yes please share! I too would love just 1/2 of that # for September! So far I only have 2 maybe 4 going on next month.

AJPratt said:
I'd be thrilled with HALF of that!!! I just got this great 24 bookings in 24 hours thing from my director that I will be trying tonight! I'm excited about it!

I would love to see that also.

Below is an email that I received from a Yvette Yeomans on my Director's loop. I found it interesting and decided to try it myself. Since last night at 8:30 pm I have booked 7 shows. I figured that even if I don't reach my goal, I will still have extra bookings on my calendar that were not there yesterday afternoon! I challenge you to try this idea as well. Make sure you smile while you are on the phone, it makes a big difference in the sound of your voice! Let me know if you try this and the results that you receive. The person who books the most shows will win one of the new fall products!

What? Yes, 24 bookings in 24 hours.

On Friday, I got a voicemail from a Party Lite woman that had been to visit
a networking group that I belong to. The message went something like this.

Hi Yvette.. this is ______ from Party Lite. I was calling to see if you
would be interested in being one of my preferred hosts. I have a challenge to
book 24 shows in 24 hours. I'm booking dates between now and December 12th. For booking your show with me in this 24 hours you'll be entered to win a
$100 shopping spree with Party Lite. We have a new book and a holiday line for you and your friends to shop from. Our host bonuses in the next months are awesome! Please give me a call back at xxx xxx xxxx to be one of these
preferred hosts. My challenge ends at 9pm on Saturday night. Thank you!

So, I called her back. I've been toying with having a party for months now.
Woul d I have called her to book? Nope. It was one of those some day,
maybe, if I get around to scheduling it things. What inspired me to call her?
First and foremost to help her out. I wanted to be a part of HER WIN! I
wanted to be on that winning team- it was exciting to think that I could help her forward that goal. Yeah, being entered in the $100 was nice but I don't
normally win things so I didn't think that would happen.

So, I called her and booked my show. Then I asked her some questions. Who
gave you the challenge? She told me SHE GAVE HERSELF THE CHALLENGE. How neat! She told me why.. and she inspired me. I was absolutely enrolled in her goals.

I encourage you to set a goal for yourself like this. It's an outrageous,
HUGE goal. That was also what had me call. If she had said, I was challenged
to book two shows in 24 hours, i would have thought "let someone else do it." Imagine if you did this for your business? For some of you, it would fill
your calendars to the end of the year! For others, it would be half of what
you want to do. Either way, wouldn't it be cool to spend 24 hours doing this
goal and then having your calendar booked!

I'M DOING THIS TONIGHT. LET'S ALL CHALLENGE EACH OTHER!!! I WILL REPORT MY RESULTS IF YOU ALL DO!

AJPratt said:
Below is an email that I received from a Yvette Yeomans on my Director's loop. I found it interesting and decided to try it myself. Since last night at 8:30 pm I have booked 7 shows. I figured that even if I don't reach my goal, I will still have extra bookings on my calendar that were not there yesterday afternoon! I challenge you to try this idea as well. Make sure you smile while you are on the phone, it makes a big difference in the sound of your voice! Let me know if you try this and the results that you receive. The person who books the most shows will win one of the new fall products!

What? Yes, 24 bookings in 24 hours.

On Friday, I got a voicemail from a Party Lite woman that had been to visit
a networking group that I belong to. The message went something like this.

Hi Yvette.. this is ______ from Party Lite. I was calling to see if you
would be interested in being one of my preferred hosts. I have a challenge to
book 24 shows in 24 hours. I'm booking dates between now and December 12th. For booking your show with me in this 24 hours you'll be entered to win a
$100 shopping spree with Party Lite. We have a new book and a holiday line for you and your friends to shop from. Our host bonuses in the next months are awesome! Please give me a call back at xxx xxx xxxx to be one of these
preferred hosts. My challenge ends at 9pm on Saturday night. Thank you!

So, I called her back. I've been toying with having a party for months now.
Woul d I have called her to book? Nope. It was one of those some day,
maybe, if I get around to scheduling it things. What inspired me to call her?
First and foremost to help her out. I wanted to be a part of HER WIN! I
wanted to be on that winning team- it was exciting to think that I could help her forward that goal. Yeah, being entered in the $100 was nice but I don't
normally win things so I didn't think that would happen.

So, I called her and booked my show. Then I asked her some questions. Who
gave you the challenge? She told me SHE GAVE HERSELF THE CHALLENGE. How neat! She told me why.. and she inspired me. I was absolutely enrolled in her goals.

I encourage you to set a goal for yourself like this. It's an outrageous,
HUGE goal. That was also what had me call. If she had said, I was challenged
to book two shows in 24 hours, i would have thought "let someone else do it." Imagine if you did this for your business? For some of you, it would fill
your calendars to the end of the year! For others, it would be half of what
you want to do. Either way, wouldn't it be cool to spend 24 hours doing this
goal and then having your calendar booked!

I'M DOING THIS TONIGHT. LET'S ALL CHALLENGE EACH OTHER!!! I WILL REPORT MY RESULTS IF YOU ALL DO!

Anne-
how exactly are you going to do it? Offer the $100 PC shopping spree? Call and leave messages and hope they call back? Let us know how it works out!

Anne, thanks so much for this idea. I have 9 open dates I'd like to fill in September. I've got 6 solid bookings, my mystery host and a booking from a notorious rescheduler(3rd times the charm). So 8 bookings total plus a catalog show and my last August show tomorrow night. I also have 2 people looking at dates still. Plus, 2 more that have said they might want to have a show in September. My goal is to promote to director and consistently have $5000 in sales every month. So, I plan on getting my schedule to the point where I've got 3 to 4 shows a week.

Anne, I would also like to know what you plan as your drawing prize.

This came at just the right time for me! Since conference, I've been trying to work my business more, but have gotten discouraged lately making calls. I am going to try it this week! If I could get 24 more shows for the rest of the year, I'd be estactic! Even half that from just these phone calls would be awesome!

Who do you all plan to call? I have people who have just never booked, past hosts whose discounts are expiring, and I was going to call Stoneware buyers this week anyway. Anyone else come to mind?

Heather: Sure, I'll off the spree. If I book even four shows, it'll be worth it. I'll try messages. But I'm hoping to get live people.

Donna: Let me know how it goes for you!!! My director from 830pm last night to mid day today, got 7.

This is so cool!!! Thank you Anne!!

Did your director offer an incentive?

I'm trying to decide which of the new products I should offer to give away. I'm leaning toward the new cutting board, I think, or maybe a $25 - $30 gift certificate. (I wish I could offer the $100 spree) Maybe even the first 5 to call back/book will get a free cooking show.

I think I'm just going to call all of the customers I can. I think I'll start with my door prize slips. I'll offer a $100 credit to the winner. I'll put everyone's name in a hat on December 13th who had a show and draw. If I wind up with as many as my director does, it'll be worth it! I usually make at least a $100 per show, so if I make $700, spending $100 is great! Hopefully, I'll get home before my husband tonight and get started.

I just can't afford to offer the shopping spree either-maybe a $50 one? Are you planning on waiting until all of your shows have been held & then choose the winner? Or maybe choose the winner & add the $$ on to their show?

pamperedgirl3: I guess I would hold the shows, or maybe on the 13th see how many I have scheduled. And, YOU do what YOU can afford! Its your biz!

My director offered us an incentive of getting a new product free. I imagine she just followed the script.

hey guys im new to this whole thing. i just moved to summerville sc and i need some tips to get some bookings so i can get my business up and running. if anyone has some advice please let me know.

Mdeems said:
hey guys im new to this whole thing. i just moved to summerville sc and i need some tips to get some bookings so i can get my business up and running. if anyone has some advice please let me know.

The best advice I have is to talk to everyone! I just got orders for 3 sets of all 5 of the forged knives from my Butcher Block people at Albertsons! All I did was show them the paring knife and THEY talked it up with each other! Too bad we're not having a Knife-o-rama! Anyhoo, talk to everyone you meet, everyone you know...and not just email. Call them or talk to them in person! Ask a "busybody" in the town to help you invite people to a housewarming. Let her know that you want to make sure you meet the "right" people to make your family feel welcome and get your business off the ground. Have it at your house, but have her as the host so she can get the rewards. You will have a friend for life and tons of contacts and bookings! Trust me, in the south, this will work! :D

cmdtrgd said:
The best advice I have is to talk to everyone! I just got orders for 3 sets of all 5 of the forged knives from my Butcher Block people at Albertsons! All I did was show them the paring knife and THEY talked it up with each other! Too bad we're not having a Knife-o-rama! Anyhoo, talk to everyone you meet, everyone you know...and not just email. Call them or talk to them in person! Ask a "busybody" in the town to help you invite people to a housewarming. Let her know that you want to make sure you meet the "right" people to make your family feel welcome and get your business off the ground. Have it at your house, but have her as the host so she can get the rewards. You will have a friend for life and tons of contacts and bookings! Trust me, in the south, this will work! :D

Hi there! I am new to Chefsuccess.com and I saw this post and was wondering if you knew the people at Albertsons or if you go there to get your knives sharpened? How did you go about introducing yourself if you didn't know them? Thank you,

Leticia Martinez
Independent Kitchen Consultant for
The Pampered Chef®
(505) 890-1781

www.pamperedchef.biz/leticiamartinez

Good question! I make sure to notice their names and say something like "Hey, Charles, what's good today?" And then I ask them about themselves and if they have ever heard of Pampered Chef. Actually, Charles (real butcher!) saw my PC catalog tote bag one day and approached me! Anyhoo, I get a relationship going with them and make sure to say hi - even if I'm blasting through the store on a quick trip. Hopefully that makes sense!Do they sharpen knives at Albertson's?

Hey Anne,

Who's your director? I'm just curious cuz I've got a new hospitality director and I got this email from her too...although I haven't taken the challenge yet! She emailed back and said she booked 15 cooking shows and 2 catalog shows! She had called 57 past customers and only got 3 no's!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks Anne!Anne - thanks for the 24 Bookings In 24 Hours Post!
I was going to start it tonight - but then I was all excited just now and talking to my director about it - and she wants to do it as a Cluster Challenge! So I think I'll wait til she sends out the info to everyone - but I already have a huge list of people to call, and I am excited about doing this!
I LOVE a good challenge - my director knows that I have a need to win:D Hang that carrot in front of my nose and I am so there!

I'll keep you posted on how it works for our cluster!

I can't seem to come up with too many names. I have some maybe's from drawing slips & past hosts whose discounts are expiring. Are you calling all Stoneware buyers? I don't have many numbers for the ones who bought the glazed (outside orders). How far back are you going for names? Which past customers are you calling? I really want to do this, but as I was thinking of who to call, I got discouraged because I was running out of people. I've been doing this just over a year.

Cat: My Director is Dawn Lolla, my AD is Steph Wittstock and my SD is Jenn Harrington. I'm sure this made the rounds yesterday like wild fire!

pamperedgirl3: I am calling everyone who has filled out a door prize slip. Enev the no's. You can all all of your past customers. I fi run out of names, I'm going to start calling everyone.

Last night my director had a bunch of us over to her house to call for bookings. We all brought our leads, calendars, and cell phones. We went over a script and then called for about 40 minutes. The 14 of us got a total of 30 bookings for the fall in the 40 minutes. Before yesterday I had no bookings, now I have 3. I just have a hard time scheduling the time for phone calls. This made me commit.

Julie

Thanks, Anne! I will call my list of maybe's, past hosts first & then I'll call everyone!

Once you get into the rythm, its easier!

Do you think it's more effective to call people with this 24 shows in 24 hours or also send an email to your mailing list? I am wondering what works best. I really want shows! I only have one confirmed booking for September, and that's on Sept. 30. :( My other one cancelled.

You can always send an email, too. I have found that for me, personally, that a phone call is best.

sailortena said:
Do you think it's more effective to call people with this 24 shows in 24 hours or also send an email to your mailing list? I am wondering what works best. I really want shows! I only have one confirmed booking for September, and that's on Sept. 30. :( My other one cancelled.

I found that people just ignore my emails. Or they read them and forget about them. I do send out emails on a regular basis with host specials, but I've only gotten a handful of bookings that way in the past year. I find the more phone calls (especially customer care calls) I make, the more bookings I have! I've got 4 cooking shows and 3 catalog shows for Sept, but a couple of weeks ago, I had zip!!! I just got on the phone and started calling....

I'd love to take this challege too, but haven't set aside the time yet!

I'm doing this challene a little longer thatn 24 hours because I just can't get to everyone.

Anne - how have you done so far?

I have one solid and three who do want a show, they just need to pick a date.

I'm going to do more calls tomorrow. Tonight I didn't get the chance.

I'm jumping on the bandwagon - or was at least planning to. Until my dh read my e-mail that I was sending out. He kind of burst my bubble because I just sent out some Fall Mini-Catalogs. Do you think that's too much if I just sent those out & then send this in an e-mail?

Hi everyone!

I am in need of your help! I am currently trying to fill up my Pampered Chef business calendar from September 1st – December 12th. I am participating in a challenge to book 24 shows in the next 24 hours. For anyone that books & holds their show with me on their original date, I will enter that hosts name into a drawing for a $50 Pampered Chef Gift Certificate. The drawing will take place on December 13th, just in time for Christmas! New products will be available for ordering on September 1st! There are some wonderful new products just in time for the holidays.

My booking challenge will end Thursday, August 30th @ 9:00 a.m., so if you would like to help me achieve this goal, please call me at (217) 415-5228 or respond to this e-mail. If you don’t want to hold a Cooking Show, I’m counting Catalog Shows, too! I will just need to know when you’d like to collect orders & we’ll get something set up. A show minimum is $150, so if you have a few people that would like to order, you can receive the host benefits! If you aren’t able to host a show at this time but know someone who is, please pass this on! For anyone who passes my information on, you will receive a $15 gift certificate to use at your friend’s show!

The host benefits with the Pampered Chef are incredible! My average hosts receive 2 ½ price items, $60 in free products and a 20% discount on anything else they purchase at their show. Plus, you will be able to purchase the Monthly Host Special when your show is held.

The Host & Guest Specials for September & October are currently listed on my website under the ‘News’ section. My website is......

I’m also looking for holiday help, so if you or someone you know would benefit from some extra $$$ this holiday season, please contact me! I would love to have you join my team!

Remember, you can order on-line 24/7 from my website!

I have had a lot of luck with the stoneware for $60 deal in Sept. so maybe include that in the e-mail! I think it is totally fine to send an e-mail right after the mini-s. Tell your DH it is "supplemental material" to the mini's and to kiss your butt!

Good idea, Gillian. I'm still mad about him bursting my bubble. We don't EVER go to bed mad at one another, so this is a first! I'm really upset about it & haven't even sent the dumb e-mail yet!

Gillian: What's the Stoneware for $60 deal?

AJPratt said:
Gillian: What's the Stoneware for $60 deal?

IT was on one of these threads for september flyers or bookings... it's basically telling people about the amazing Stoneware Sale, that if hosts have a $400-$500 show they can receive all 7 pieces of our New traditions stoneware for only $60+ depedning on your state and taxes applied! Amanda created a cool post card insert to mail or put with mini catalogs to send out to people.

I am rather bummed. All my efforts the past couple of weeks to get bookings has turned up nothing. I mailed out mini catalogs, and followed up, but the people I reached weren't interested. I did a 24 bookings in 24 hours thing ... contacted almost every contact I had and came up with nuthin. Oh, and get this .... one woman who I had met a couple of months ago (a jewelry consultant) we talked about trading shows, and doing it in the fall. So I send her a mailing, call her a couple of times to talk to her, and then when I sent out an email this morning she writes me back and said guess what ... I got this call from an old friend who sells PC for years yadda yadda yadda ... and booked a show with her instead!!! I was so totally POed, since I put the seed in her head and we were talking about it. THEN she asks me when I want to do a show for her! Not in a million years!

Another great thing from my directorI want to share my desperate story---in hopes that someone will benefit from it. About 3 years ago, I attended conference, down in the dumps. My business was not what I wanted it to be---turning the calendar and seeing 1-2 bookings on it. It wasn't like it used to be---booked out 3 months in advance. I went to conference for the 9th year in a row; it was the last class that I almost blew off (I never do but I felt like it that time). I
sat in the back with another consultant on the floor---if I wanted I could slip out.

Lyn Conway was speaking to me---what if I told you if you had 21 days to change your business and get it to where you wanted it, would you do it???? I thought heck yes! I have 21 days---I could give this business I loved so much 21 days.

Easy concept; get a spiral notebook---make 5 live contacts a day, but IT DOES WORK EVERYTIME I DO IT. If you do it for 21 days, good grief, you will be booked out 3 months and be so busy you can't stand it. If I do it for 7 days I'm booked 6 weeks out. I make very few calls for bookings.....yes, very few calls. The bookings normally come from the shows I'm doing. Catalog shows---I usually offer $10 off the host order IF she gets me a solid booking for the next month so catalog shows are even bringing in bookings.

So if you want more bookings, CALL FOR 21 DAYS.... Start with:
1. Cancellations - Hosts that cancelled and didn't reschedule.
2. People who marked yes on the prize drawing slips.
3. People who marked maybe on the prize drawing slips.
4. Past consultants of yours.
5. People who wanted the upcoming specials.
6. Brides to be
7. Fundraiser chair people or groups about hosting a fundraiser.
8. Make customer care calls.
9. TALK ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS WITH EVERYONE. Work it into the
conversation---We've never had a problem about gabbing about our business.

IT DOES WORK. I wanted more shows for summer so I tried this a couple weeks ago---my goal was 12 shows for July. Yes, I got answering machines, etc., but leave a message and tell them you will be calling them back. Sound excited. Have your material in front of you. THEY WILL START CALLING YOU BACK. I'm up to 10. Still have 2 to go. Sound urgent, that they book with you. You may not get your present month solid, but you will be fine for the next couple of months after that and you will continue to get bookings from the shows and you may not have to call for another year if that.

Okay AJPratt, I was patiently waiting to hear how you did on your contest.
Well, do tell!

I got one solid and two to call back. My Dad wound up in the hospital so it kinda fizzled out for me. I may try again during the week. Still happy with what I got for the time I invested.

alot of bookingshi everyone
I don't thing it's only where you live, I'm in Ct and I have 13 bookings too. I had NOTHING on my calender for Set and Oct when to National conf in July
When I came home I knew I had to do something about that , now Sept has always been a good month anyway every year but I never did 13 shows in 1 month . Oct has 10 so far I guess the phone had to be my best buddy
I'm hoping to go to San Fan this year
Doreen Zaino
[email protected]:)

chef131doreen said:
hi everyone
I don't thing it's only where you live, I'm in Ct and I have 13 bookings too. I had NOTHING on my calender for Set and Oct when to National conf in July
When I came home I knew I had to do something about that , now Sept has always been a good month anyway every year but I never did 13 shows in 1 month . Oct has 10 so far I guess the phone had to be my best buddy
I'm hoping to go to San Fan this year
Doreen Zaino
[email protected]:)

Can you share how you did this???!!! What did you say on the phone?

bookingsHi
When I call people I tell them about the new products and the way we have changed to DOLLARS not Points . , some peolpe still really don't know that PC really gives the Host alot for having a Show. Also I went through All of my past Raffle slips even if they didn't check off anything. I called a woman from 2003 and she gave me her daughters phone number cause she just bought a new house . peoples lives change and just cause they may say no at the time of the party that in a month or 2 or 3,or 4 they may change there mind . And I always tell them what the host got as FREE dollars sometimes that changes ther mind too.
Doreen Zaino
[email protected]
6 years in Sept !!!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedChefJoanne
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Teresa LM
Replies
Views
Admin Greg